IC: June 25th

• Thread starter Thread starter indiancowboy
  • Start date Start date
I

indiancowboy

*6 Plays on the bottom:

530/867

Not playing any wnba games as no wnba games till' Tuesday, but decided to put my research up for tomorrow in the hopes it helps anyone out there. Found some pretty decent stuff. :smiley_acbe:

Each Day, I will have a write-up of research either on the wnba or the MLB. Beginning the last week of July, all of my research will be gearing up for the NFL, College Football and College Basketball, my favorite -
smile.gif
. The last week of the July also winds down the WNBA en route to the playoffs. The purpose of the research is just to say on top of recent trends which allows to cash in on more bets. I might not win every day, but I'll be damned if I fall prey to something I could have avoided if I had researched prior to.

WNBA Research:

*As of Sunday early evening (2 games left to go).

For today's wnba analysis I took a quick look at the standings of how each team stacks up in the division. For tomorrow, I will look at who ranks where with respect to defensive and offensive numbers in the league.

Eastern: The top 4 teams make it to the playoffs in each division of the wnba. Which is a bit humorous considering there are 13 teams in the league and 7 make it to the playoffs. I assume that a new city is to come soon to even out the conferences at 7 in each division.

Eastern:

IN:
Detroit (10-2) (4-1 at home) (6-1 on the road)

Indiana (10-3) (6-2 at home) (4-1 on the road) - Probably one of the best teams in the league after a loss.

New York (7-6) (5-3 at home) (2-3 on the road) - Struggling to score points as of late.

Chicago (6-7) (2-5 at home) (4-2 on the road) - Great road underdogs to play right now.

Out:
Connecticut (5-8) (1-5 at home) (4-3 on the road) - Unpredictable as they come.

Washington (3-10) (1-5 at home) (2-5 on the road) - The Best over team in the league.

Western:

IN:
Sacremento (9-4) (5-1 at home) (4-3 on the road) - Beat the #1 in the league in the Shock at home. Their power ranking at home is solid.

San Antonio - (8-4) (4-2 home) (4-2 on the road) One of the hottest teams in the league winning 4 straight. Becky Hammon is playing great ball and this team looks to be solid in the power rankings as well.

Los Angeles (6-5) (3-1 home) (3-4 on the road) - Finally scoring some points after some injuries and leave of absences. Taj-Mcwilliams is playing out of her mind, games are going over at home. Games on the road are going under.

Phoenix (7-7) (4-3 at home) (3-4 on the road) - Still playing a lot of games to the over at home - granted, they have a game against Houston tonight.

Out:
Seattle Wow, to see the Storm possibly out of the playoffs would be a shocker, but of course, the West is tougher b/c there are 7 teams and only 4 go as compared to the east where there are 6 teams and 4 go.

Minnesotta (4-10) (3-4 at home) (1-6 on the road) - This team can score points on the road, can play a decent dog role for the first half before collapsing.

Houston (2-10) (2-4 at home) (0-6 on the road) - This team is getting better but still can't find their rhythem on the road, covering most games on the road only to collapse late.

Top teams in the league in home scoring

Last 5 Games Best Offense:

Mystics: 91.20
Mercury: 83.40
Fever: 79.80
Shock: 79.00
Lynx: 77.40

Last 5 Games Best Defense:

Silverstars: 67
Monarchs: 70.60
Fever: 71.40
Liberty: 72.80
Sky: 74.80

Last 5 Games Worst Offense
Liberty: 71
Sun: 71
Silverstars: 72
Sky: 73.40
Comets: 74.80

Last 5 Games Worst Defense
Mystics: 88
Mercury: 85.40
Sparks: 80.80
Storm: 79.00
Shock: 78

Tuesday Upcoming games:

Mystics at Sun (Over)
Silver Stars vs. Comets (Silver Stars)
Liberty vs. Monarchs (Under)
Sky vs. Storm (Sky)

Wednesday Upcoming games

Sun vs. Shock
Monarchs vs. Spark

Thursday Upcoming games
Storm vs. Comets

Friday Upcoming games
Shock vs. Mystics (Over?)
Fever vs. Sun
Lynx vs. Silver Stars
Sky vs. Monarchs
Liberty vs. Sparks

Saturday Upcoming games
Mercury vs. Comets

Plays:

I typically play just odd numbers of games, but I guess it is the long run that matters, so I am simply playing the games that are significant on the spreadsheet, the matchup reports, and then reading the previews for each of these games winding it down (another answer to your question Mongi -
smile.gif
)

Dodgers -135

Brad Penny is on the mound. He is in fact better this year than he was last year when he started the All Star Break. The guy has been flat out awesome. When he is on the mound, the Dodgers are 13-2, what more else needs to be said right? He has given up 3 earned runs in his last 3 starts and he faced Toronto twice who just defeated a Rockies team that was the hottest in the league - in fact, had swept them. Penny has faced Zona twice this year and has given up 1 earned run in 13 innings. Owings has pitched well for the Dbacks but does have a 6.75 ERA this year against the Dodgers in his 1 outing. I'll take the All-Star pitcher and a Dodger team that hasn't lost 3 games in a row for a full month. The Dodgers have won the last 5 of 6 from Zona.

Pads +101

Germano is on the mound. Besides that 1 rough inning to the Orioles, he had a good outing in his last start. The kid is still 5-1 on the year 2.63 ERA and 3-0 with a 1.50 ERA on the road. He has yet to lose back to back starts. I think the Giants come back down to earth when they face Germano and this is a cheap price to pay considering the Giants are coming off those big back to back wins against the Yanks. Considering Lincecum hasn't won in a month and has given up 22 earned runs in his last 4 starts, the Pads are worth a shot here. The Pads have won their last 7 against righties and the Giants have lost the 5 starts by Lincecum.

Anglels Run-Line -125

Thompson makes his first start of the season and Lackey is on off the bounce-back of his worst start of the season. Thompson according to mlb.com pitches around 88-91 mph and the Royals are "taking a shot on him". Well, tough spot to put a guy that blew out his arm a few years back facing a All-Star in Lackey. The guy could do fabulous and show everyone up, but I'll take Lackey on a bounce-back. Lackey pitched against KC eariler this season and gave up 1 1 earned run although did give up plenty of hits. Lackey is still 10-4 on the year with a 2.96 ERA overall. Tough spot for Thompson to do very well here. Royals have lost their last 4 and the Angels have won 7 of Lackey's 8 starts.

Boston Red Sox -130

Congrats Jeff Weaver, you have pitched back to back solid starts. I still don't care as I will continue to fade you off of your first complete game performance since the early 1920's. The Red Sox come off of 3 unders in San Diego having faced Peavy and Chris Young. Now, they will see far more hittable pitches with Weaver on the mound. What is Weaver's ERA against Boston this year? 31.50. Weaver faced 2 national league teams and one included the Pirates who can't score worth a lick right now due to injuries. I think Boston rocks Weaver today and this is a very cheap price considering his last 2 performances. Give Tavarez some credit - the Sox have won the last 6 of 7 games he has pitched. Tavarez has given up 5 earned runs in his last 3 starts and the Sox should give him plenty of offense for this game.

Detroit Run-Line -107

Bonderman has the longest winning streak in baseball on the line with 17 games. Bonderman is 8-0 with a 4.01 ERA. Of course, this means that when I wager on him, he will lose, but he hasn't let me down all year and I am a big fan of the Tigers as I've bet on them and their over quite a bit so I will ride this again. Loe gave up 9 earned runs in less than 3 innings to the Tigers last time around and nothing has changed. Bonderman hasn't been lights out, but he still wins and the Tigers give him offense so I like my chances here as well. Tigers are 22-5 when facing a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30.

Detroit/Texas Over 10

I'll start with the stat that the Tigers are 22-5 when facing a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30. You can count that most of those games went over as their hitting is phenomenal scoring over 6 runs per game. The Rangers have been hitting very well including against the Cubs and Houston. Bonderman gave up 11 hits and 5 earned runs to this Texas team last year and has given up 13 earned runs in his last 3 starts. The over is 6-1 in the Ranger's last 7 road games, the over is 13-3-1 in Bonderman's last 16 starts and the over is 14-4 in the Tiger's last 18 home games.

That's what I got gents, good luck on whatever you're playing.
ic
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by a moderator:
Loe has actually been on the upturn lately after getting sent down and making an arm adjustment during a AAA bullpen session. He may surprise tomorrow. Just some info.

Nice shit IC, I agree with a lot of what you have to say and I am looking at 2 of the games you listed pretty hard, RSox and the Dodgers. Question for you, how do you feel Maroth will react to his first start in the NL on a new team vs. the Mutts?

E,

I think the Cards are the best underdog on the board tomorrow. Typically in a pitcher's first start with a new team they do very well, see Rodrigo Lopez, Kim with the Marlins and many others. Plus, Sosa has not been pitching well lately.

Alby,

Yup, Loe has done well lately, just hoping the Tiger bats still get to him and as semi-hedge, I took the over as well. If the game is a 5-3 finish, then it's a bust on my end, but I'll take my chances. gl bro.

Alright, I can see that point of view. I just feel like he has to feel some type of let down though and he has been a product of run support (6.4runs/start) on avg. If Sosa pitched the least bit decent in his last 2 starts I would lean a lot more on the Mets tomorrow. I do lean strong to the over for the fact that both pitchers have had struggles lately.

Lol,

No, I did last year bro, just no time this year and wanted to focus a bit more on just baseball and wnba and take it easy till' the fall. Besides, if I did CFL too, I think I'd fail my grad work. :spank:

Hopefully these work out, c u fellas in the wee hours of the morning tomm.

You even come close to failing at anything? :36_11_6:
Well you'd fail the asshole test, that's certain. :anim-jjd:

the Pirates who can't score worth a lick right now due to injuries

IC

The Pirates don't have any major injuries, they just can't score. I think Nady and Doumit might have tight hamstrings but that's about it. The Pirates cannot hit bad pitchers because the Pirates are not disciplined hitters. They hit good pitchers because good pitchers are disciplined and are around the plate. This team has the highest swing at the first pitch % in the majors. Check out their stats the past few weeks against bad pitchers, it's unreal. Weaver was lobbing f'ing softballs up there and the Pirates couldn't hit him. Loe made them look like a Double A team.

Like your picks tonight though!

Back