IC: June 17th

• Thread starter Thread starter indiancowboy
  • Start date Start date
I

indiancowboy

513/836

Happy father's day to all the dads out there.

Sky +9

Still one of the hottest covers in the league. Was thinking abou the under but the last time these 2 teams hooked up it went to over 150 points easy in regulation although now Chicago goes on the road it could go under. This is a bit of a revenge game for Chicago b/c they coughed up a good lead and then went to overtime at home against the Sun only to lose outright but still cover. They sky have covered their last 5 of 7 games including beating San Antonio and Minny outright on the road. The Sun have struggled lately but partly b/c of a tough schedule and losing to Detroit, Minny and Detroit. I wish this line was 10 or 11 but I think 9 is good enough to take a shot and make a play here. The Sky are a young team, with Dupree, Dales and Canty they should be able to keep it close and I have them as an outside shot at winning outright so the points are nice here. The Sky are 4-1 as dogs of 5-10 points while the Sun are 1-4 as favorites of 5-10 points.

Indians Run-Line +108

I can't imagine the Indians losing 3 straight at home and getting swept. Carmona is on the mound and this team is bound for at least one good game at home with Davies on the mound. Carmon has pitched well all season giving up 12 hits in his last 2 starts and he was a tough luck loser in his last game even though he pitched well against the Marlins. He needs offense and the Indians need to provide some offense. Kyle Davies has talent but he does struggle at times and he has only provided one quality start in his last 3 starts and it is tough for me to think that he shuts out the Indians today. Over his last 4 starts, besides his one 7 inning performance, his other starts have gone 4 innings roughly at best. This seems like a nice spot to take the Indians in an underdog role with the run-line as they need to have a big game to avoid getting swept and I think they get it done today. Braves are 3-10 in Davies' last 10 road starts. The Indians have won Carmona's last 4 home starts. It was either the A's Run-Line or the Indians run-line on the bounc-back and I'll take the Indians to avoid getting swept at home.

Reds/Rangers Over 10.5

&

Reds -143

I've mentioned from the get-go that I think this series is going to over in each game and it has and I need to start cashing in on it. I noticed that Millwood is starting and I actually like Millwood b/c he is a guy with good character as he did a lot of charity work when he was with the Braves down here. But, he has struggled and struggled badly. Millwood is 0-5 with a 10+ ERA and opponents are batting .356 accoding to mlb.com. He has struggled on the road as he is 1-3 with a 6.68 ERA and 1-2 with a 6.46 ERA pitchin at Cincy when he was with the national league as well. Bronson has struggled badly as have the Reds all year but Griffey is swinging the bat very well right now. This game to me comes down to the fact the Reds have the better pitcher on the mound but both pitchers are struggling and I think this turns out to be a slugfest with the Reds getting the better end. I doubt this will be a pitcher's duel of any kind as Bronson has given up 29 hits in his last 3 starts. Bronson has only given up 26 runs prior to putting together a decent start against the Angels. Heck, it is possible that just one of these teams could put up 8 runs on their own and both fo their bullpens are questionable as well. The over is 6-0-1 when the Rangers face a pitcher with a WHIP of 1.3 or higher, over is 5-1 in the Ranger's last 6 and over is 13-3-1 following a loss. The over is 6-0 when Arroyo starts as a favorite and over is 4-0 when Arroyo is a home favorite. Some trends favoring the Reds is that Arroyo is a 5-0 favorite when the juice is between -10a and -150, the Rangers are 2-12 against a Righty and 0-4 in Millwood's last 4 interleague starts.

Tigers -130

I like Verlander and will continue to ride him whenever he pitches. A bit concerned that he could have a let down after a no hitter but the kid is solid and the Tigers are great to take after a loss typically. Verlander is 7-2 with a 2.79 ERA and he hasn't gave up a run in 2 games and 17 innings of work including the no hitter against the Brew Crew. If you take a look at his 8 starts - you would see that he gave up 2 earned runs in 5 of them, 0 earned runs in 2 of them (the last 2 conveniently) and got shelled just once weeks back against the Indians in back to back starts against them which is tough to avoid as he already shut them down the first time. He faces Eaton and Eaton has been pitching very well of late as well but the Tigers are 14-3 when Verlander has rested 4 days, when the total is set at this rate, Verlander is 6-0 and the Phillies are 2-8 in interleague play against teams with a winning record. Just taking the Tigers on the bounce-back here with Verlander againt a good Phillies team but I'll always take this price with Verlander after a tiger loss. This should be a great game.

That's what I got gents, good luck.
ic

Pudge and Sheff are sitting today.

not to sound like an ass, but they are going against Adam Eaton...He's really bad, I'm a Phills fan and watch them a lot, he seriously should be in the minors...Tigers should still be able to hit him with both of those guys sitting, IMO

I wish they weren't sitting. Oh well, not going to buy out, I'll just hope that Verlander can get the job done.

Rangers lineup is a joke today. Doesn't bode well for the over. Reds will have to score at least 8 or 9.

not to sound like an ass, but they are going against Adam Eaton...He's really bad, I'm a Phills fan and watch them a lot, he seriously should be in the minors...Tigers should still be able to hit him with both of those guys sitting, IMO

Dude has actually pitched well his last few times on the mound...

:shake:

Chip,

Correction bro, I was on the Reds Over and the Reds.

4-1.

c u gents tomorrow. :smiley_acbe:

Back