I was gonna lay off..but this line makes me scratch my head...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

08-09 record 1-0 (+$100)

Dallas Mavericks +11.5 @ La Lakers (110 to win 100)

I understand that Howard has the ankle injury and is questionable...I understand that their bench is worn a little thin with Stackhouse and Green out...but I don't get why this warrants 11.5 points tonight? Dallas lost a tough on on their home court to LA earlier this month and will be looking to return the favor. They Still have plenty of firepower, I think this team started slow with the marquis addition and is finally ready to go on a tear. Dirk And Terry have been awesome as of late and the Mavs are on a 5 game winning streak. I find it hard to believe they're gonna go out there after a nice holiday break and get blown out by a close rival like the Lakers right now. They're playing too well to get embarrased IMO...I'm not sure if Bynum is playing on not but this spread leads me to believe he is. The mavs have some size and rebound well soo I don't believe the Lakers are gonna run em over. I haven't watched too much this season, soo I'm gonna keep it small and see what happens...

BOL

so whitemencantjump....but can Billivy?!?!? ;)

good to see u back...now play nice:shake:

I agree at first glance that's alot of points...is Howard available?
Kobe's crew is deep and talented even more so then my KG led Celts while Diggler's bums are showing signs that their time may have passed them by (they had their shot in '06 but DWade ended that) Mavs are a jumper team, always were so I can see Lakes Bigs doing some damage

Lakes have been lights out in 2H and seem to sleepwalk in 1H so maybe a play 1H is in order here but then again, kobe always likes to stick it to the Mavs so motivation shouldn't be an issue

I'll just watch this one and see if a 2H play pops

gl tonite bro:cheers:

obviously LA's a better team, but points like this should be reserved for the Clippers or somthing...too many for me not to bite, maybe vegas doesn't want action on LA...but I cant lay off this line

If the Mavs shot like they did in the 1st half they met, then in good position to cover, but if they show up like they played in the 2nd half, you can pack this one in with a 20 point victory.

Dallas/Laker 20 point margins of victory have been few and far between for a decade...

BOL

Dallas/Laker 20 point margins of victory have been few and far between for a decade...

BOL

So is a seeing a Lakers/NBA team so stacked like this...don't think it ever has...i'll be cheering for you though...as long as the Lakers win S/U :shake:

It's hard to say...but I still take the Shaq era over these lakers....Gasol is soft and chokes in the post season, Bynum is a huge question mark, Same PG only he's a lot older now, they're just a little deeper now but Fox and Horry were as solid as you can get for a CLUTCH supporting cast...

and as far as lakers teams being stacks...are we forgetting past decades?lol...

oo and Lakers winning st8 up, I can deff see Mavs winning this game...moneyline I feel is worth a small shot...might not be such a bad idea

It's hard to say...but I still take the Shaq era over these lakers....Gasol is soft and chokes in the post season, Bynum is a huge question mark, Same PG only he's a lot older now, they're just a little deeper now but Fox and Horry were as solid as you can get for a CLUTCH supporting cast...

and as far as lakers teams being stacks...are we forgetting past decades?lol...

:cheers:

hustle_man approves this message

BOL Ivy. Lakers are scary to bet against, but they haven't exactly played the toughest schedule to date.

I have Dallas for .5 a unit plus 11. Game is not my favorite but it is a play. The way we lose this is on 3 point shooting if we lose. Lakers have dominated because they are a great team but more to the point they are one of the top rebounding teams. Tonight their edge in rebounding is very small vs Dallas. This Dallas team has been working 3 and hour practices. They have probably the best point guard currently in the NBA in Kidd. Not easy meat for anyone. GL

I have Dallas for .5 a unit plus 11. Game is not my favorite but it is a play. The way we lose this is on 3 point shooting if we lose. Lakers have dominated because they are a great team but more to the point they are one of the top rebounding teams. Tonight their edge in rebounding is very small vs Dallas. This Dallas team has been working 3 and hour practices. They have probably the best point guard currently in the NBA in Kidd. Not easy meat for anyone. GL

I agree that the Mavs are good competition on the boards...but what exactly are you smoking saying that Kidd is better than Paul?!?...lol

CP3?

BOL tonight bill

cant argue against you on this one, it really doesnt make much sense with the way dallas has played lately.

Either the lakers are overperforming, or they are an almost guaranteed championship team. only time will tell

I think much of this line is built on public opinion, lakeshow is a big public team. They will have alot of backers. I would take the points. Vegas doesnt care who wins the game they just want action on both sides. Has anyone noticed the amount of scoring going on this year in the nba and nfl.

I think much of this line is built on public opinion, lakeshow is a big public team. They will have alot of backers. I would take the points. Vegas doesnt care who wins the game they just want action on both sides. Has anyone noticed the amount of scoring going on this year in the nba and nfl.

of course...but the higher the line...the more vegas doesn't want action on LA...lol...

but yah, they're looking for split action and LA is a public team soo that deff goes in our favor:cheers:

Guess I have to agree. Most have Paul first and Kidd third. Thought Kidd had the edge in turnovers but actually has 6 more than Paul so only edges are involved in rebounding.

there's no comparison...I was advocating Kidd's greatness to a friend of mine recently, talking about how he's second in the all time list in triple doubles (since they started keeping such stats)...then I realized just how damn good Cp3 is, and promises to be for the next 10+ years

the line makes me think there's no way hes in...but if there's even a chance...it's just added equity IMO

thanks...Dallas shot the ball well..played well....and still the Lakers won by 7...gotta love LA...lol...

who cares, it's a win...it's money :)

Back