I was at the Garden last night...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

watched Harrington turn the ball over almost as many times as James and west were left wide open...

watched TImmy T. do his facial thing when he hit's a meaningless three pointer down 25 in the 4th quarter...

listened to a chant I thought I'd never hear..."we want steph!!!"

Saw Lebron get a bigger ovation than any Knick...including Nate and David....

Saw Marbury warm up for 45 minutes and make 19 consecutive three pointers with practice rush defense in his face....

Heard that Mobley didn't pass his physical....

Saw Jay-z in the garden...sit by the Cavs and chat it up with Lebron and pay no attention to the home crowd...

Saw Spike Lee and Earl Monroe embarrased to be in the building....

my question is...did we REALLY have to trade Randolph and Crawford already?

everybody seems happy with the decisions that the franchise is making...but I cant help but think to myself...great another two years of sub .500 basketball with a team that cant place defense and struggles to score....

UGH

:36_11_6: at the username.....

:36_11_6: at the "mike the mouth" avatar....

i play and love poker...I own and love that movie...lol kinda made sense

pro suicide Just?....lmao, I haven't seen your quotes in a while....solid dead elephant

did we have to trade them NOW is my question...as opposed to half way through next season?

pro suicide Just?....lmao, I haven't seen your quotes in a while....solid dead elephant

did we have to trade them NOW is my question...as opposed to half way through next season?

The fact that we even pulled it off is nothing short of a miracle, in the case of Randolph owed solely to the flabbergasting incompetence of Mike Dunleavy and the Clippers organization. There is no logical case for keeping them another second. We would lose lottery balls. The only hope now is that we can move Curry and Jeffries, although it looks like we'll have room for two maxes either way. There is no logical argument for keeping those guys even one more game.

7/1/10 will be quite a day.

Is it possible to get far enough under the cap for 3 max deals?

Rumors of a backroom agreement between LeBron, Bosh and Wade going somewhere as a package deal...

^^^ One could argue that those three constitute the best 2, 3, and 4 in the NBA today. That would be unbelievable if that went down. They would toy with the entire fucking league.

Well to help you guys out further, rumours are abound in Toronto that the Raps are taking a hard look at Marbury, if he gets dropped on Friday.

Before the season I would say you were crazy if you thought Bosh would leave in 2010.

But something happened during the Celtic game that made me rethink my position.

Before the season I would say you were crazy if you thought Bosh would leave in 2010.

But something happened during the Celtic game that made me rethink my position.

there is no way you can seriously say with a straight face that anyone would WANT to play in Toronto. Canada just isn't a place anyone would want to play. Forget the fact that is doesn't seem like a very big basketball city/country, but why would anyone want to be the odd man out and play there? I really don't know why they even have a team. Same thing will go for any expansion david stern wants. It just isn't very practical unless you create a whole division over there, and change the league so that you only play other teams every so often, which would ruin the league. The nba will never work as an international league/organiziation, and stern just has to accept that, otherwise risk what he already has.

Only guy that might stay is JO, because no one else wants his washed up ass. Calderon might try to stay loyal for a while, but only until another team is desperate for a PG and snatches his ass. Bosh will be gone no doubt, probably to the knicks, regardless of where LBJ goes. I could see dwade and bosh playing together. To me, that is a better fit than lebron and bosh. Lebron needs a guard to play with him, not a forward like Bosh. Wade and Bosh would be a dirty combo in my opinion. I'm not really sure who might be a good fit for lebron...Someone like Richard Jefferson who doesn't need the ball much, but someone who can shoot better. I'm really having trouble thinking of someone. Maybe a Tayshaun Prince, but a little better. Maybe Prince could handle the role if he was the 2nd option on a team, I think the dude can ball, and he has no problem being out of the spotlight.

there is no way you can seriously say with a straight face that anyone would WANT to play in Toronto. Canada just isn't a place anyone would want to play. Forget the fact that is doesn't seem like a very big basketball city/country, but why would anyone want to be the odd man out and play there? I really don't know why they even have a team. Same thing will go for any expansion david stern wants. It just isn't very practical unless you create a whole division over there, and change the league so that you only play other teams every so often, which would ruin the league. The nba will never work as an international league/organiziation, and stern just has to accept that, otherwise risk what he already has.

Ever been to Toronto? We are one of the10 richest cities in North America.
We have the 7th best average attendance this year.
Last year we were 9th. We average more fans than some of your "basketball cities" Philly, New York or Boston.
A lack of education is what is keeping players from "wanting" to come here. As far as I know Kenny Anderson is the only one that has not wanted to play in Toronto.
Anybody that has ever played in Toronto has loved the city. Flocks of NBA players come every year for Toronto festivities like Carribana.

Tax? We are comparable to every state except Florida. You do know Toronto is only a few hour drive to Detroit or a 7 hour drive to NYC, right? The only reason we aren't a prime destination is due to the ignorance of the average American NBA player.

I do recall Toronto received constant exposure due to some guy named Vince Carter. Just because we aren't on regular TV down in the states doesn't mean the franchise isn't a success. Oh yeah, according to Forbes the Raptors are the 14th most valuable team in the NBA. Not bad for a failure eh?

I assume your American born and educated.

marbury isn't an nba player right now...an opportunity to play in toronto might sound appealing to him right now

t-dot- Tell me about the incident in the Boston game. What happened?

slayer- I agree that Wade and Bosh would mesh better than LeBron and Bosh, but nobody really thinks Wade will leave Miami. Conversely, LeBron and Bosh look to be as good as gone.

t-dot- Tell me about the incident in the Boston game. What happened?

slayer- I agree that Wade and Bosh would mesh better than LeBron and Bosh, but nobody really thinks Wade will leave Miami. Conversely, LeBron and Bosh look to be as good as gone.

It actually started in Orlando. Raps down 7 with 1 minute and change to go, Mitchell gives up and puts in the scrubs and Bosh gets pulled. Bosh is a competitive guy.
He came out in the with some back handed comments about Mitchell after Jersey game I believe.
As we know Raps got destroyed from beginning to end by the Celtics, down 30 or something in the 4th. Mitchell didnt pull him, left Bosh in there for 40+minutes. He didnt say anything, but his body language said enough for me. He sulked for a while, then kept to himself and didnt sit with others on the bench. First time Bosh has ever shown anything like that.
Reminds of when the Canadians left Roy in net for too long and we know how that ended.

Emotional roller coaster ride in the past 3 days. If BC doesn't right the ship quickly, Bosh will lose confidence in the franchise to produce a winner. He has already tuned out Smitch.

The Knicks should send Smitch a thank you gift, should Bosh decide to opt out.

Is it possible to get far enough under the cap for 3 max deals?

Rumors of a backroom agreement between LeBron, Bosh and Wade going somewhere as a package deal...

Do you really think there is any truth to that?

Celtics forward Kevin Garnett couldn't help but notice that Chris Bosh looked fed up a couple of times during Boston's rout yesterday.
"I don't know the situation here or what he's going through but tonight he looked pretty frustrated," Garnett said. "When you're a good player and trying to be better ... you want the help around you.
"He has to make a decision on whether he wants to be here (in 2010)."

much ado about nothing IMO, but after this the media has been talking alot about it...

Ever been to Toronto? We are one of the10 richest cities in North America.
We have the 7th best average attendance this year.
Last year we were 9th. We average more fans than some of your "basketball cities" Philly, New York or Boston.
A lack of education is what is keeping players from "wanting" to come here. As far as I know Kenny Anderson is the only one that has not wanted to play in Toronto.
Anybody that has ever played in Toronto has loved the city. Flocks of NBA players come every year for Toronto festivities like Carribana.

Tax? We are comparable to every state except Florida. You do know Toronto is only a few hour drive to Detroit or a 7 hour drive to NYC, right? The only reason we aren't a prime destination is due to the ignorance of the average American NBA player.

I do recall Toronto received constant exposure due to some guy named Vince Carter. Just because we aren't on regular TV down in the states doesn't mean the franchise isn't a success. Oh yeah, according to Forbes the Raptors are the 14th most valuable team in the NBA. Not bad for a failure eh?

I assume your American born and educated.

I don't have anything against the country/city, and call me an uneducated American if you will, but I am damn sure I am more educated and smarter than the average NBA player, who likely is American born, and probably has the same feelings as I do. It doesn't matter if it's a nice place with nice laws, its the fact that you are in another country away from your friends and family. Having to move around is one thing, but I certainly wouldn't be the happiest having to move to another country to play

Do you really think there is any truth to that?

no idea if it's possible, but hope that isn't true. I don't know if it is a good thing for the game if stuff like that starts to happen, to try and one up the celtics. It turns into teams trying to create all star teams overnight, instead of building teams the old fashioned way. It would lead to much more bullshitting behind the scenes, and shitty competition overall

and LOL at KG talking about bosh having to decide if he wants to stay in toronto lol. took him long enough, looks like he regrets staying in minny as long as he did.

Stern wants these guys in NY. Walsh has made comments in the papers and media without repercussion. Bron is talking it all in.

“If you guys want to go to sleep right now and not wake up until July 1, 2010, then go ahead because it’s going to be a big day,” James said with a smile late Tuesday.
A couple of years back Phil got a fine for tampering when he talked about Bosh in the media. But nothing but a slap for Walsh.

James and Bosh are playing for functional franchises that have surrounded them with good talent. They won’t just show up in New York because it’s New York. Geography alone won’t earn New York its saviors. The NBA sent out a memo to teams on Wednesday, a reminder about tampering rules and consequences. Two league executives believed it was in response to Walsh’s public comments about James and Bosh.

My guess is that all 3 guys stay with their teams. Remember when Duncan and Hill played together? Oh wait, that never happened.

Back