I want to ML the Nuggets tonight

Nope but I hope if you like Denver ML that you took Suns ML, since it's kinda like the same situation all over again (I think Denver/Golden State are two equal teams...just like I think Suns/Spurs are two equal teams)

If you can get +200 then hell yeah

Hard to disagree, looks like the right side as Warriors are on decline lately. Though, I still took the points as I almost never bet ML.

Bol!

(I think Denver/Golden State are two equal teams...just like I think Suns/Spurs are two equal teams)

confused.gif

^ Care to argue why they're not?

Who do you think is better?

Or are you just wrapped up in the belief that the Spurs are the best in the West and can't be beat?

Look, Warriors and Nuggets run a similar style, they will get up and down the floor and score at will (we all know this)....they are two teams you would compare in the West...and also if you don't think they're equal...well, idk...

Suns/Spurs...they can play any style (we also know this)...they're a few games within each other and both have a shot at being a top 2 or 3 seed...Suns JUST beat the Spurs in San Antonio...they ARE better with Shaq and now match-up well with the Spurs

So I'm just saying, if he had Suns ML last night (like I did) then you almost have to play Nuggets ML tonight...cause it seems like a similar spot...and all you have to do is cash one of the two ML's for profit ;)

I actually didn't play that Suns/Spurs game either way. +170ish just feels good for a team that seems to have been scared stiff by those two losses to non-playoff teams. I think their head's on straight for a change. It may not be enough, but I like the value.

If you're still playing on Matchbook you could probably wait and get closer to +190 before tip

Right now I see +172 but I'm thinking it goes back up

I only assume MB would be the best place cause it seems like late money always pours in on the favorites...but this line is apparently dropping (I thought it opened -4, not -5...) so maybe the whole idea of it going back up late is wrong...I'm also forgetting with AI and Melo that this Denver team is a public fave

Engh, MB has held pretty steady at +4.5, I saw it at even earlier, then -103, now it's back to -102.

It should stay there.

I just don't want too many people getting geeked about how the Nuggets blew out the Clips and ruining my value.

Prob cant talk you out of it b/c ya, GSW really has been in decline.........but, after seeing Denver in person recently, I couldnt believe how little D they play. Melo is so damn lazy on D, and as a team they're giving up 124 ppg last 5 to GSW's 110. For some reason I think Baron gets it done........and over as well.

but WTF do I know.......

Speaking of defense, did I see GS combine for like 260 in regulation the other night?

What the f**k?

I had flashbacks of Paul Westhead.

Of course nice writeup lost again ! Silly internet connection the downfall of wireless access !

Anyway why like Denver here? How is GSW tanking and DEN isnt ? Thats makes zero sense to me.

Denver lost at home laying 13ish to Sac and then followed it up couldnt win @ Seattle laying another similiar number. Even in OT they couldnt outlast SEA and thats all SEA does is fall to pieces in the 4th quarter of games. So thats beyond terrible...

Both teams fighting for there playoff life wouldnt the home team have a slight edge especially at 26-12 vs 16-23 team . I think and could be wrong DEN was 9-13 ATS as dogs away and 5-17 SU in those games. They have LOST there past 5 away games when they were dogged bewteen 4 to 6 points and only 2-8 ATS all season in that situation. Which tells me when they appear to be relatively equal to there opponent are the games they play worst in.. and perform worse in..

Dont see much value in taking DENVER here would expect GSW to get the job done despite there poor record as home favs. Last meeting was basically even all around except GSW hit a couple of less baskets which could flip flop just switching venues.

BOL

Denver playing ALOT worse Defense then GSW is. LAC is terrible and was shorthanded before them 151 , 118 , 120 and 132 and teh sad part is PHO actually playing a B2B , H and H game which was fresh off a 4 game road trip and I think 5th in 7 days gave DEN a run for there money in what was a layup type win for them...

Even without the long write up, you sir, make a good case for laying off.

I still might not, but you have definitely made think twice.

Even without the long write up, you sir, make a good case for laying off.

I still might not, but you have definitely made think twice.

Thats all I want to do ...give that other side of the story. Your money and your decision... I certainly dont have all the answers...BOL whatever you do...probably wont get to see any of it though..:shake:

i really want to as well but the last time I took the nuggs ML it was vs the suns a couple weeks ago and that didn't work out so well.....(up 20 at one point they ended up losing by DD :hang:)

still might go for it anyways, got about 15 mins to figure it out. its just hard to imagine a team with melo and AI missing the playoffs, and I honestly consider this an elimination game as it looks like both teams should finish 2-1 after tonight.

i really want to as well but the last time I took the nuggs ML it was vs the suns a couple weeks ago and that didn't work out so well.....(up 20 at one point they ended up losing by DD :hang:)

I was so sick after that shit and I said fuck the NUgz :shake:

I have 5 as the opener as well and tend to think Believe has a point but will se shortly...gotta run so GL all..I took -3.5 -120 so four pt wins work fine by me !!

5.5 LVSC and Scoresandodds.com

Now that I did not know. And I see your point. That line is either really smart or off significantly.

Tupac lived in Oakland which means play Gstate

Yeah, but he sold out and moved to LA so that balances out. And the Nuggs are wearing their normal road uniforms, not those horrible dark blue ones. AI steps it up, Denver makes a statement (he says with his fingers crossed).

Good luck all.

I did, C. I also got a little plus-money on the +4.5 early in the game.

=)

Thank you, Gambling Gods.

Oh, and by the way, AI was huge tonight. Just huge. The Nuggets shouldn't scare anybody in the playoffs, but man I hope one day people remember how good AI is. He makes everybody better around him and when the game is on the line, when someone like Melo should step up, it's AI who takes over, makes shots, and draws contact while Melo is shooting fade-aways off one foot.

Hey guys good call you guys were right. Just walked in Would have saved myself some cash if I was home at half. Anytime a team wins the 1st Q by 16 and is losing at half its a great play to go with the team that made the comeback. Really sad on GW part and only wish I played the under with a playoff type atmospeher anything near 240 is just to much...again good call...and well Dallas won but didnt cover...0-2 in the NBA this evening the end of my hot streak...good work all..

I agree, C. I hope others see it the way we do when it comes time to vote.

Actually, SN, you wouldn't have saved money, you would have made money. The Nuggets 2nd half ML was +150. Had I even thought along the lines you're talking about right now, I might have put a tiny bit on that to up the overall wager, but I was just so surprised that they'd put out such a short line on the Warriors I almost bought back some just in case.

Two things I learned from that game tonight, though, first, Golden State crumbles when you play a zone so long as you have a big man in the middle. Now, Camby leads the league in blocked shots, but it was more than just him, their offense just basically stopped working when Denver switched out of man.

Second, I like the Nuggets, but this poor team has zero killer instinct outside of AI. They just don't know how to finish. It sucks, and it's what is going to keep them from the top tier of the conference.

I agree, C. I hope others see it the way we do when it comes time to vote.

Actually, SN, you wouldn't have saved money, you would have made money. The Nuggets 2nd half ML was +150. Had I even thought along the lines you're talking about right now, I might have put a tiny bit on that to up the overall wager, but I was just so surprised that they'd put out such a short line on the Warriors I almost bought back some just in case.

Two things I learned from that game tonight, though, first, Golden State crumbles when you play a zone so long as you have a big man in the middle. Now, Camby leads the league in blocked shots, but it was more than just him, their offense just basically stopped working when Denver switched out of man.

Second, I like the Nuggets, but this poor team has zero killer instinct outside of AI. They just don't know how to finish. It sucks, and it's what is going to keep them from the top tier of the conference.

also rebounding edge goes to denver's bigs.

Good points. My basketball career has really cost me alot it seem sthe past few weeks. I have done really well in the NBA but whatever few losses I had I seemingly could have avoided if I was home and not to mention all the nice values I missed on close games at the half where iI thought the game would be decided by DDs . What can you do the exercise just has to many benefits to pass up.

I think in regards to the zone comment what really seperates GSW from PHO is that the SUNS can shot the three really well especially in the first few years they went to the uptempo style. GSW is really avg beyond the arc but they love to just take them. I mean 6-27 vs 9-19 and thats like 11 lost possessions especially when you pointed out most teams can out rebound GSW. That what really kills them and I bet if you look at alot of there losses the one common denominator is they take about 30 threes and hit barely 25%...

And although I prefer DEN rebounding looking at the box GSW killed them on the glass and had 17 more shot attempts but they had the same amount of makes !! 17 more shots and same amount of baskets....

Took a look @ NO they were 3 for 29 from 3 (40 for 66 on 2s though), @ Dal 4 / 16 , they were okay @ SA 8 for 20 whihc is 40% but you need to be at that % if your gonna take so many , and @ Denver 10 /30...

To many lost possessions hoisting up 3s. For the year 35% as a team on about 27 attempts...and I owuld expect closer to 30% on the road..and that 35% is like 23rd in the NBA why would I guess they are not anywhere near 20 something in attempts....

What can you do the exercise just has to many benefits to pass up.

You're absolutely right, and don't ever forget that you said that.

You're also right about GS. The truth is, they shoot well, but not great, they're actually much better in transition and ball movement. When they can run on you and have everybody on the floor touch the ball, they tend to create great shots.

They lost tonight because the zone forced them to slow down and when they did that that impatience and lack of discipline (let's face it, they're hardly a disciplined team) had them jacking up poor shots from three or just inside the arc.

Well, when you have Camby and K-Mart down on the block you better have good rebounders on your team if you want to compete on the glass--and the Warriors don't have those bodies.

But when the Warriors can play someone slow, they can run them out of the gym with their speed.

Unfortunately for them, however, there aren't a lot of those teams really left in the west any more. Even Phoenix took one of the slowest, plodding-est guys in the league and put him on the fastest team in the league. And now Dallas has Kidd so even they'll push it a little more.

Basically, the Warriors, even if they get to the playoffs, are f**ked.

Absolutely JP. You know how important is to my mental health and the benefits as far as aging and things of that nature are irreplaceable. Even 2 guys I know for at least 10 maybe 15 years who are a bit younger in one case and a bit older in another didnt even realize I was approaching 34(Oct).They just assumed I was like 30 , 31 because they knew me so long..still get the 27 year old range when people guess which I can say is definetly due to staying involved in sports and some good genes. To bad I picked tonight to start acting like a maniac and scream at the refs for about 40 minutes straight to the point where I came home with chest pains and worried I gave myself a heart attack. That was the downside of playing 6 games this week ...frustration !

Oh yeah the NBA. yep, thats what GSW is all about the transition game and nothing more. They dont even shoot FTS well. They dont have a bench either or at least one that seems to be contributing. I think GSW have definetky taken a step back and they need some depth and a 3 pt shooter. Look at what giricek did for PHO when he started making a few 3s. I guess the loss of Richardson is realing showing now since Wright hasnt done much of anything yet..

Oh well we have tmrw to get it done. Good work today an d GL on FRI! I am exhausted!

I will say this, SN, I admire how much you've gotten out there and exercised this week. Since I've been back from Japan I've eaten about as bad as a human could. It's like I've been on a mission to get any and all the health benefits from that fresh fish out of my body with fried, fatty foods, and I've been to the gym all of twice.

Ugh. So, I am jealous.

hell id rather play the Nugz instead of the Warriors

Of course you would, but only because you match up better with the Nuggets. Strange thing, though, haven't they taken the season series from you this year?

Frankly, I'm not sure there's a good playoff matchup for the Nuggets in the west, maybe Utah or Houston, probably not even them.

Back