I think it would be really cool to get Tim's opinion on NCST/Maryland!

MD suffered a tough injury to CB Kevin Barnes in Saturday's game vs. Wake. Looks like the report today is that he is going to be out for the rest of the season due to dislocating his shoulder. This is a tough blow because MD has been battling injuries in the secondary all season and just got Nolan Carroll back last week and were really starting to come together. Barnes is a team leader, and many of you will recall the hit he put on Jahvid Best of Cal earlier in the year, that got a little You Tube notoriety. Anyway, this is causing MD to shuffle their secondary around as J. McCullough will move from safety to corner and become the 3rd corner in the nickel packages. Drew Robinson moves over to McCulloughs FS spot. Terps rebounded from their dismal showing against UVA with probably their best effort of the year vs. Wake. Question is can they carry that focus and effort into this week's homecoming game vs. NCST? NCST have had difficulty stopping the run this year and actually getting their defense off the field at all, as they have a tendency to give up a lot of big third down plays. They were on the field for an amazing 80 plays of defense vs. FSU in their last game. I think MD should have some success running the ball vs. the NCST front 7 but I've been a little concerned about D. Scott as he has been banged up and put the ball on the ground three times last week vs. Wake. D. Bey had a big game vs. Wake and will be tough for the Wolfpack to defend. I like MD's OL and think they really have a lot of promise but need to be consistent week to week. Russell Wilson has looked pretty good for NCST and I think he is going to be a good QB. I've always liked the way Andre Brown runs also. MD should be able to handle this team at home but based on their inconsistency this season and tendency to play down to their opponents skill level, I would have a difficult time recommending laying the 10.5 or 11 here. I will be happy to just get a SU win with no more injuries and then have a littel extra time to get ready for the trip to VT where we have not played well.

MD suffered a tough injury to CB Kevin Barnes in Saturday's game vs. Wake. Looks like the report today is that he is going to be out for the rest of the season due to dislocating his shoulder. This is a tough blow because MD has been battling injuries in the secondary all season and just got Nolan Carroll back last week and were really starting to come together. Barnes is a team leader, and many of you will recall the hit he put on Jahvid Best of Cal earlier in the year, that got a little You Tube notoriety. Anyway, this is causing MD to shuffle their secondary around as J. McCullough will move from safety to corner and become the 3rd corner in the nickel packages. Drew Robinson moves over to McCulloughs FS spot. Terps rebounded from their dismal showing against UVA with probably their best effort of the year vs. Wake. Question is can they carry that focus and effort into this week's homecoming game vs. NCST? NCST have had difficulty stopping the run this year and actually getting their defense off the field at all, as they have a tendency to give up a lot of big third down plays. They were on the field for an amazing 80 plays of defense vs. FSU in their last game. I think MD should have some success running the ball vs. the NCST front 7 but I've been a little concerned about D. Scott as he has been banged up and put the ball on the ground three times last week vs. Wake. D. Bey had a big game vs. Wake and will be tough for the Wolfpack to defend. I like MD's OL and think they really have a lot of promise but need to be consistent week to week. Russell Wilson has looked pretty good for NCST and I think he is going to be a good QB. I've always liked the way Andre Brown runs also. MD should be able to handle this team at home but based on their inconsistency this season and tendency to play down to their opponents skill level, I would have a difficult time recommending laying the 10.5 or 11 here. I will be happy to just get a SU win with no more injuries and then have a littel extra time to get ready for the trip to VT where we have not played well.

Good insight Tim! Thanks bro!

:shake:

Back