I just cannot take this seriously

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Denver laying 6 to Houston :smiley_acbe:.
Standings in the Southwest
Houston 54-25
Spurs 54-25
NO 55-25
Houston plays at Utah Monday
Houston last 10 at Denver 8-2 ats and 6-4 straight up
Houston on 1 days rest 26-18-2
Denver on b-b 8-11 ats
Denver after a 20 plu loss at home is 2-1 su and ats
Houston on the road after a 10-19 win is 7-3 ats and 8-2 su
Denver by the way is playing worst 4 in 6 as well
What we have is a talented Denver team playing a very unsound style of basketball which pretty much forces inferiority. They can beat all the bozo's all the time. When they play quality in spots where they do not have significant secondary advantages they have no way out. That would be today. Doing a 60-40 points and ml. GL

it should be a good game no doubt -
i think HOUSTON will run with them - the OVER looks pretty good
good luck man !

Denver is the best pick of the day I believe so I can't agree there. Why Houston? Besides the cold stats?

Very simply any time the better team is getting points there has to be compensation based on fatigue, disinterest, or serious injuries. None of that is present. Houston has had problems dealing with Top teams. Boston, Spurs can play d and give them problems but a team like Denver is nothing to them. They know they are the better team and so does Denver. Does any one seriously think Scola will be affected by Denver. Note in the last game Landry got his shot back and the last game was a quality win against a strong team. All Houston needs is a good mind set and they are a legitimate top team. Denver has a mind set too. They pick up the trash. I have bet on Denver in Denver many times this year because I understand what they are capable of. This game is beyond them. They are not the favorites and will likely lose straight up and covering that spread is fantasy.

i agree. i think the public is putting so much on how bad denver wants this game. hey houston wants this game as well.

i just love the spurs getting 7 BIG points with their strong defense.
this game is 50/50 for me even without ginobili.
SA has won 2 of the last 3 vs the lakers.
they are 3-2 ATS in staples center in their last 5
LA was a 7 point chalk at home vs the spurs last time and they only won by 5.
i also like the OVER 190. last three meetings: 199,199 and 194 pts for an avg of 197,33 pts. so clearly 7 pts of value on this one.

Battier is too important player for Rockets to lose on this game. If he played, this is no bet for me, but without him, Denver should own Houston I believe.

you could make the case about houston vs phoenix without battier. didn't bother houston's defense one bit.

Gasol did not play in any of those games. Koby got a 15 point backup in 1 and I think a 16 in another. Now the Spurs are up against a real scoring threat. This does not mean I am on the Lakers. Due to injuries Laker d is very suspect. Will they win? I would say so. Spurs are not desperate for position. But that is a very big 7 points. May well be a taker. Just no strong feeling yet. GL

I am adding Detroit minus 6. Just read a Detroit paper where the coach was saying he wants the players to really play now. Detroit at home on Sunday this season has won the last 8 straight and is 7-1 ats in those games. Do not see Toronto surviving a real game.

i like detroit and lean the under. not sure if i'm playing the under. maybe just first half.

you could make the case about houston vs phoenix without battier. didn't bother houston's defense one bit.

No, there is a big diffrence. Hill and Carmelo are two totally different players. T-Mac can easily guard Hill, but what can he do against Carmelo's post ups? I think that Battier is the ultimate player to guard Carmelo and said it many times before. Maybe I'm wrong (it been known to happen and too much, if you ask me), but I think that his absence is the key to Denver covering the line. I wrote a thread with this game and explanation why I made this pick if you want, you can see it on the forum :)

Will look at that first quarter. BOL.
Its a gang bang. A number of posters have listed Spurs plus 7. My problem was I tend to think they are going to lose. When I have a problem I ask my computer. It said the last 10 times the Lakers this year were 8 or less favorites at home they were 3-7 ats. Through 2005 the Spurs are 4-2 su at Lakers and the 2 losses were by 5 and 7
These 2 teams have been the class of the West. That creates relationships. I think vs a poor d Laker team unlike Utah the Spurs if they lose will lose small so I am a pack player here. Spurs plus 7

Detroit has value, but it is important to see if they will play to win. If so, Raptors are going to feel the same feeling they will feel a week later. It should be a preview of Raptors sweep of the first round.

Divol except for Boston I doubt Detroit cares anymore who they play. They were worried about Cleveland. I think that is seriously reduced. Now it is time to get the killer edge back and let the lesser teams stand at attention.

though i know detroit will be resting their starters a bit, i am not a believer about NOT SHOWING THE OTHER TEAM what you are about, i.e. boston vs atlanta. if anything, detroit beating toronto today fuels their ego if they had one. everyone knows what detroit is about. with that said, let's go detroit.

No. While they've gone Under all 3 meetings this season, the only 1 played at Denver lacked TMacs presence. Denver is left going for broke (a loss and their post season fate is out of their control), which means they'll play only 1 way til the bitter end. Houston off a string of under results is, imo, the sucker angle for Under here.

however the Over I'm playing is at Fenway.

Back