I have thoughts and questions about this card CTG. Help me out here.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

I'd like to get some thoughts on a few games this week.. Hopefully someone out there can help me out here.

First let me mention a couple of lines that are intriguing to me..

WASH vs UCLA

Why is UCLA only -2.5 faves? I feel like the books are begging you to take UCLA here.. UCLA is ranked and washington is NOT. But UCLA is less than a FG fave? Thoughts?

OKLA ST vs Texas
Why is okie st -3 and what good team have they defeated this season? I am surprised they are offering Texas at home and giving you a FG to boot. Am I missing something here?

The books are telling you that if you're going to bet a top 4 team you will have to pay dearly..

OHIO ST -33?
BAMA -25.5?
BAYLOR -27?
FLORIDA ST -39?

Everyone of these lines is inflated.. But how can you take the dog in any of these games? it's one of those situations that even if you get value you might not win.

Thanks for reading and any input on these games would be appreciated..

florida st due for a stumble...not saying they will lose what so ever ..but think they will not cover the points

be careful w/tejas. this team showed it's true colors last week, and case mccoy is not to be trusted. The starting DT, Whaley, is out for the year. so is gray, the running back. but tejas is pretty deep at RB.

my bigger concern is that okie lite can run the ball, and these texas linebackers are not that fast, or good. they take horrible angles, and if one of these guys gets beyond the 1st level, it's a td.

texas d played out of their minds the last couple weeks after manny got shit-canned, but the thrill is gone. trickett went off for 290 yards, even with one of the worst o-lines in the big12 blocking for him. okiest's o-line is better, and they get the ball out quicker. this is gonna neutralize jeffcoat's pass rush a little bit.

think texas+2.5-3 is more of a trap than anything. yes, this is a big game for texas this year. but this is the game that texas historically loses. please see when geno came to town as an eer.

okie states biggest weakness is their o-line, but i imagine gundy will call for quick passes and a heavy dose of the run to counter that weakness. GL gyno.

that UW line caught my eye as well - cries out for a play on UW.

I don't trust Texas or Okie Lite, so that is a stay far away game for me.

I see no reason that Baylor doesnt blow out TT and cover that 27.

One that really stood out to me is Louisville -16. The public is heavily backing the road underdog here and this is just a terrible spot for Houston. They just lost a heartbreaker to UCF on the road and now no longer control their own destiny nor lead the conference. Now a second straight road trip against a Louisville team off an extra day of rest. That's 2800 miles of travel for Houston in 7 days. They are going to be gassed off that tough loss and lengthy travel.

that UW line caught my eye as well - cries out for a play on UW.

I don't trust Texas or Okie Lite, so that is a stay far away game for me.

I see no reason that Baylor doesnt blow out TT and cover that 27.

You know you're right.. I don't trust okie lite but I can't say I trust texas either.

I'd like to get some thoughts on a few games this week.. Hopefully someone out there can help me out here.

First let me mention a couple of lines that are intriguing to me..

WASH vs UCLA

Why is UCLA only -2.5 faves? I feel like the books are begging you to take UCLA here.. UCLA is ranked and washington is NOT. But UCLA is less than a FG fave? Thoughts?

OKLA ST vs Texas
Why is okie st -3 and what good team have they defeated this season? I am surprised they are offering Texas at home and giving you a FG to boot. Am I missing something here?

The books are telling you that if you're going to bet a top 4 team you will have to pay dearly..

OHIO ST -33?
BAMA -25.5?
BAYLOR -27?
FLORIDA ST -39?

Everyone of these lines is inflated.. But how can you take the dog in any of these games? it's one of those situations that even if you get value you might not win.

Thanks for reading and any input on these games would be appreciated..

Power rankings/numbers wise ucla game isn't off, same wit texas. But when u look at it tha ucla line doesn't make sense. An that's why 80% is on ucla. Opened -2 an now up half a point to -2.5. Looks fishy

Power rankings/numbers wise ucla game isn't off, same wit texas. But when u look at it tha ucla line doesn't make sense. An that's why 80% is on ucla. Opened -2 an now up half a point to -2.5. Looks fishy
i'm with ya... it also looked fishy last week as well..recipe for me to stay away

I don't know - UCLA and Wash played 5 common opponents and you can make a great argument that Wash looked as good or better in all those games. They were closer and more competitive to Oreg and Stan than UCLA (UCLA was also close to Oreg through 3Q, but Wash hung in despite losing the turnover battle 2-0) - and they dominated Colo, Arz and Cal more impressively than UCLA.

Back