I have a new goal as a Sixers fan...

I myself live in the CHI area, and he is for sure the real deal, saw him play with EG on the AAU team, that was one hell of a back court.

:hang:

But he is gonna make someone happy...

You have to love the direction this team has gone though

all mine. freeze dem ping pong balls and bring rose home to chicago davey.

never thought i be saying that in april. :36_11_6:

^ why would mephis take OJ when they just took Conley and have Juan Carlos as his backup?

Anthony Randolph doesnt make much sense going to the Clippers either. They already have their PF of the futre in Thornton.

I really dont like Gordon's game and glad they have the Bucks taking him.

Think Kevin Love has a bit of a ceiling as a player and he's nearing it in this tourney.

Who i really want if we are gonna be at 9 and he's still available is DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M. He's said to be about 2 or 3 years away from contributing at a starting role in the NBA but id think id go with him over Love. Just so much potential, size, length, athlete to pass up on imo. Hes projected to be anywhere from Amir Johnson to Amare. Bulls roster is young right now so i really dont see the need to push for now and wait a good 2 or 3 years.

ESPN is sleeping on the international scene it seems ...

mayo is solid, but top 5 is ridiculous. late lottery maybe. crittenton might be the better combo guards anyways.

and brewer you should thank the basketball gods if the bulls land Love.

he makes up for his height with his bulk, and yah he's athletically limited, but his game is so much more than that. hes proven he can get it done on the block vs. NBA big men (lopez twins, hardin...dorsey comin up). he'll be one of the best passing big men in the NBA, and not just outlet passes, but everything. Plus he's clutch as fuck.

but he is a finished product who's game can't get much better. cuz its about as complete as it gets for a big man. so if you want a project with long term potential, thats a different story.

Smoke, who do you think the Sixers want to meet up with in the 1st round? Pistons, Magic or Cavs?

Anthony Randolph doesnt make much sense going to the Clippers either. They already have their PF of the futre in Thornton.

Thornton is a SF through and through, just playing out of position because of what a joke the clippers roster is right now. Assuming Brand doesn't opt out. Plus they have Maggette who is a SF as well, so they have to take turns playing out of position. At 6'8" the Clips better hope Thornton isn't their PF of the future, as a SF though, he'll probably be one of the top 5 players of this years draft.

And if the Blazers draft Chase Budinger as the ESPN crackheads suggest, I will be very disappointed, that guy has bust written all over him.

Ya, Thornton def about a inch too short to play a traditional power forward. Didnt know if Clippers were going with a smaller lineup with 4 wings and Kaman down low or what. Really like what i seen out of him at PF spot tho.

Why change it? PF like Malik Allen, Bass dont have the foot speed to check him.

Be interesting what happens with this team this summer.

i just "played the lottery". the knicks won!! i'm dead serious. i knew this website was run by stern! their pick was derrick rose. 2nd beasley went to miami. brook lopez to minny. bayless seattle and OJ to memphis. i'm gonna play again.

imo, Portland should go after westbrook

I don't watch much college basketball because it's bush league IMO, but Westbrook has really impressed me in the few UCLA games I've seen this year. I like both there gaurds, I think Collison? Both have been pretty impressive.

Ya, Thornton def about a inch too short to play a traditional power forward. Didnt know if Clippers were going with a smaller lineup with 4 wings and Kaman down low or what. Really like what i seen out of him at PF spot tho.

Why change it? PF like Malik Allen, Bass dont have the foot speed to check him.

Be interesting what happens with this team this summer.

True, but there is a reason that Bass and Allen are starters simply due to injury. He's got a great body (no homo), but his game is much better suited as a SF. At 6'8" they'd have to completely change their offense, but on defense he'd still be a liability against long 6'10" 6'11" PFs, who can elevate right over him.

They have been playing a small lineup, with him at PF. And offensively it works, because he can stretch the court and slash past most defenders, but I think to get the most out of him on both sides of the ball he's got to move back to SF.

If Brand and Maggette don't opt out, a starting 5 of Kaman/Brand/Thornton/Maggette/PG from the draft? That's an explosive 5, three very talented scorers, two of the best rebounders in the league, brand/AT/Maggette are three of the best at getting to the foul line as well. Their bench is a wreck though.

Kaman left last night on crutches. was really hoping to get a look at

Gette
Thornton
Brand
Kaman

before season's end. doubt that happens now.

like you said they get a pg like rose and some FA they could be right back in the hunt for a 8 seed next year. :shake:

Back