I also thought Boston might be the play today...but look at this

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I also thought hey, Celtics are the play tonight, but look at this:

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=181903

The Celts also announced that Wally Szczerbiak, who sprained his left ankle against Miami on Wednesday, is doubtful for tonight’s game against New Jersey. He will have the ankle examined again today.

With Allen, Pierce and Ratliff also on the sidelines who is going to win this game for the Celts? I'm far from being a NJ fan, especially with them missing a few men themselves, but at this point they have more men to rely on.

thoughts?

The Nets are an absolute fade machine right now. I would have absolutely no confidence in picking either of the two teams. I guess if i were forced to choose, i'd pick the celtics plus the ML.

GL on whatever you decide to play though. :shake:

If you are not sure, nothing is easier than to skip it :) And this one is pure example of no bet game ..

I'm not touching this game, it's not like I'm on the scale here. Just thought I'd divert someone else from rushing into picking the Celts. Think it through if you do.

Wally was injured and came back few games ago but has ben limited since. The Celts really are relying on West , Jefferson and Gomes right. getting sporatic help from Perkins at center , Green , Rondo etc from guard spots....at this point Wally shouldnt be a reason to be on or off Boston. Just my two cents....

Wally was injured and came back few games ago but has ben limited since. The Celts really are relying on West , Jefferson and Gomes right. getting sporatic help from Perkins at center , Green , Rondo etc from guard spots....at this point Wally shouldnt be a reason to be on or off Boston. Just my two cents....

Wouldn't say he was limited. Plus yeah, they rely on these guys, but it seems they just aren't good enough, they're missing too many quality players for me to tail them here.

The latest setback comes at a particularly inopportune time for Szczerbiak. After making 39-of-128 shots in an 11-game span, he’d hit 12-of-24 in his past three. Szczerbiak has made nine of his past 12 treys.

Wally's last game was his best. He has only been a minor contributor getting limited minutes as per Doc Rivers. Shots per game : 5/11 , 2/3 , 5/10 , 1/5 , 3/13 and 3/12 ...

Trust me he was working his way back so to speak...

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b width=69>Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b>vs.</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Score</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b>O/U</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Min</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Pts</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Ast</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Reb</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Blk</TD><TD class=datahl2b>T/S</TD><TD class=datahl2b>INJURY</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>2/7/07</TD><TD class=datacell>MIA </TD><TD class=datacell>L 79-91</TD><TD class=datacell>L 8</TD><TD class=datacell>U 197</TD><TD class=datacell>13:40</TD><TD class=datacell>14</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0/0</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>2/6/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@ DET </TD><TD class=datacell>L 102-109</TD><TD class=datacell>W 11</TD><TD class=datacell>O 186</TD><TD class=datacell>22:06</TD><TD class=datacell>10</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0/0</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>2/2/07</TD><TD class=datacell>LAC </TD><TD class=datacell>L 89-100</TD><TD class=datacell>L 6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 191.5</TD><TD class=datacell>21:52</TD><TD class=datacell>13</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>3/0</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>1/31/07</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL </TD><TD class=datacell>L 98-111</TD><TD class=datacell>L 6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 197.5</TD><TD class=datacell>20:50</TD><TD class=datacell>5</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>2/1</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>1/30/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@ IND </TD><TD class=datacell>L 96-103</TD><TD class=datacell>W 9</TD><TD class=datacell>O 188.5</TD><TD class=datacell>25:20</TD><TD class=datacell>8</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>1/1</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>1/28/07</TD><TD class=datacell>WAS </TD><TD class=datacell>L 91-105</TD><TD class=datacell>L 5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 206</TD><TD class=datacell>20:17</TD><TD class=datacell>9</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0/0</TD><TD class=datacell>No injury listed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Boston is an amazing 8-1 ATS away while they are 1-8-1 at home since 1/01.

My only reaosn to play Boston would be FADE NJ. Really little to do with Boston more about the never ending travel schedule of an aging NJN squad..

<TABLE class=stattable style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=698 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=statline1>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 8, 2007
Wally Szczerbiak sprained his left ankle during last night's game, according to the <SOURCE>Boston Globe</SOURCE>. Although he said this sprain wasn't as bad as the one that recently sidelined him for an extended period, he wasn't sure when he'd be ready to play again.[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline2>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 7, 2007
Wally Szczerbiak has reported progress with his health, according to the <SOURCE>Boston Globe</SOURCE>. He no longer needs to wear braces on both ankles and feels comfortable with a strong tape job. Szczerbiak has yet to play more than 25 minutes in a game since returning from his ankle injury. [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline1>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 2, 2007
Wally Szczerbiak is having his playing time restricted as he comes back from his ankle injury, the <SOURCE>Boston Globe </SOURCE>reports. "Wally is still struggling with his conditioning," head coach Doc Rivers said. "And we have to watch his minutes."[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Basically it doesn't even matter who the Celtics have or don't have, it all comes down to having 2.90 against the Nets. I see your point now. :shake:

But still I'll skip this one.

:shake:

Basically it doesn't even matter who the Celtics have or don't have, it all comes down to having 2.90 against the Nets. I see your point now. :shake:

But still I'll skip this one.

:shake:

Exactly..I owuldnt advocate playing Boston unless ur a degenerate like me

Call me crazy but I played Boston tonight. I bought it up to +5. They have to win sometime and who better to fade right now than the Nets?

Small play for $125

I'm on NJ tonight..like I said in my thread if the Nets dont win and cover this game tonight I will not bet another NBA game all regular season.Just look at the two teams and how do you even make a case for the Celtics??Honestly..I dont see it..but we will see.:drinking:

wally has nothing and has contributed nothing in recent memory so no big loss there and pierce has been gone for eons

celts r still young and the same team that has lost but i still dont think the nets r worthy to be laying 5-6 away to anyone imo

gl

triman.... no question nets can win and cover but how can u lay 5 points on the road with them? No Nenad and RJ..... a hungry celtic squad who, granted they suck, want a win in the worst way. I see a 99-96 Nets.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2007/02/pierce_may_play.html

Paul Pierce was a surprise participant at the Celtics' shootaround this morning, a day after getting released from the hospital. Even more surprising: he may play tonight against the Nets.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers reported Pierce felt fine and showed no ill effects from either his latest foot malady or the more recent infection in his elbow. Rivers said Pierce would be under a strict minutes limitation when he does play and indicated he'd ask the doctors if they could raise the limits.

As of now, the limits are 15 minutes for a game and no more than three minutes without a break. "That's hard because you can't even get warm in three minutes,'' Rivers said.

If Pierce does not play tonight, Rivers indicated that the captain would in all likelihood make his return on Sunday in Minnesota. Pierce last played for the Celtics on Dec. 20. Since he's been sidelined, the Celtics have lost 22 of 24 games, including the last 16 in a row.

Wally Szczerbiak, meanwhile, did some spot shooting after the practice, but Rivers said Szczerbiak, who has a right ankle sprain, was not going to play tonight.

Even though I don't expect a bigger impact by Pierce tonight, it could still represent a confidence booster for the home team and the home fans. One more reason to leave this game alone.

:shake: GL to whoever takes this game, no matter the side.

Back