Husky's Uconn Vs Baylor Friday Night Special

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
My first true opinion on the huskies this year, as i wanted to wait a few games and analyze overall, (though i did get wasted and bet alot on uconn favored against virginia)

Anyways, let me break down the huskies for you:

Quarterback: The first 2 games, Tyler Lorenzen tried to do way too much and ended up throwing 4 int. Last year he threw 6 total compared to 13 tds.. Anyways, vs Virginia he looked much more composed and I believe he is now going to find his groove. He completed his first 11 passes and finished 13-15 with 1 td vs virginia. HE also ran for 53 yards.

RB: Donald Brown is amazing. 2nd leading rusher in the nation along with 2nd in touchdowns scored has played magnificiant. He is quick, shifty, and powerful, and I love the matchup he presents vs the Baylor defense. He will have success, they will stack the box, and then the air game will open up enough to provide a steady offense that will cause problems and play actions.

Andre Dixon has been hurt and has missed pretty much the first 3 games minus a few snaps. He may play Friday, but Freshman tailback Jordan Todman ran for 80 yards on 13 carries in his first game last week after being sidelined with a shoulder injury. HE IS FASTTTTTTTTT, and he will defneitely be a huge weapon come friday.

TE/WR's-- Nothing flashy here. Solid players, but watch for CB Darius Butler to play more this week on offense as he had 2 receptions for 40 yards and a 13 yrd endaround TD in his debut on offense. He will be a factor.

k/p- they are both solid players.

Defense: This is where im excited for the game. Uconn has a phenominal defense that compares well to Wake's defense that kept baylor in check. Baylor has a great QB who can run and pass, but Uconn's linebackers will keep him spyed, and i expect them to make plays everytime he has the ball in his hands. The defensive line has two great ends who will need to get pressure on the qb to force him into mistakes that a takeaway happy defense will be more than willing to take advantage of.

Baylor crushed two bad teams in a row, and while Virginia sucks, I like the strides Uconn has taken since playing very shaky to start. Uconn's home field advantage is great, as they were 7-0 last year, ATS i believe too at home, and have continued that this year as it only fits about 40,000, and it gets loud and crazy.

Expect Uconn to pound the football with Donald Brown, and absolutely expect the new playcalling that came out last week vs Virginia to keep being unpredictable and aggresive (Uconn's playcalling previous was very laid back, non-aggresive style of play).

I love Uconn here and the re-energized crowd and team.

Opened at 14 and is down to 12.. will continue to let it come down

34-14 Uconn

Yes, he will be pressured and faces the best corners hes seen thus far, as well as ARGUABLY (key word) the best defense hes seen, as i feel uconn is stronger defensively than wake is.

haha shutup ***. Ill hit you up when im there..

Updates: Andre Dixon and DE Lindsey Witten both cleared to play, so thats a big bonus.

Brown, Dixon, and Todman hands down the best trio in the big east

Lets do it fellas.. Everyone here is really pumped, home crowd is going to be great. Uconn isnt liking the hype on this QB, look for him to get a lot of pressure on him tonight.

Lets do it fellas.. Everyone here is really pumped, home crowd is going to be great. Uconn isnt liking the hype on this QB, look for him to get a lot of pressure on him tonight.

great info, GL! Lets get it!!:cheers:

Good information husky17. Any thoughts on 1H line of -6.5. It caught my eye but I am not familiar enough with UConn to know if they are a fast starting team. Any additional information is much appreciated.

BOL.

I wouldnt advise a 1h play.. its possible it wins, however they havent shown enough yet for me to tell u to pull the trigger

GL Husky. I am probably going against your boys tonight. Sharps drove that line down to 11.5 and the public is driving it back up. Your boys win tonight but don't cover.I got the final score 20 to 28 Uconn. Gl buddy.

Back