Husky's UCONN-PITT SHOWDOWN

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
14-6 ytd posted, 17-8 total..

Oh man, i love myself for taking Temple +30 last week.. Uconn, covering a 30 point spread..ever? lol, I'd never bet on that kind of spread, whether it be football or basketball when it deals with Uconn.

However, after looking into this weekends Big East matchup, I have decided to take Uconn +10 quite confidently.

Uconn is a good team this year; they are very solid in many dimensions (their QB is LEGITTTTT), and they've always had a solid D. LAst week, they undoubtedly played down to their opponents and played a sloppy game. however, through that sloppiness, I saw a lot of potential which will show saturday night.

They finally got their 2nd string running back, Andre Dixon, back from suspension, and he was absolutely the game changer. he is an explosive back and is going to see a ton of carries and screens to compliment 2nd team all-big east Donald Brown, who has been struggling so far this season. this unboudetly will open up their pass game, which is already ranked top 15 in the nation.

I see Uconn stepping up to the plate and playing a great game on national tv, and the redemption Pitt is going for stems from their one point loss in double ot last year (i was there, it was nuts), and i think Pitt will prevail in the end, but I think it will come down to a margin of 3 or less points. I don't see it impossible that Uconn pulls this game out and actually starts 4-0, but I'm not throwing anything on the ML.

Health with Uconn.

GL bro..no interest in this game for me..

UCONN got beat (yes, that was a catch) by Temple at home last week, so that would scare the shit out of me to take them right now..

BOL to you..

agreed it was a catch.. but they just played a sloppy game.. they played downt to the other teams level.. typical uconn.. but i know for a fact they've been working their ass of already this week and that Edsall is PISSED.

thanks for the input on UConn. I haven't seen them yet, except for replays of 'the play'
I think the undefeated ranks start getting thinned this week and UConn is a prime candiddate. But I see little good in Pitt and I think 10 points might do it for you.
GL

Revenge game for Pitt. Just remember that.

I have no real opinion of this one. I was at the game SAT and utterly disgusted with how they played...Edsall deserves 90% of the blame, esp. for that decision to go for it on 4th down on his own 30-holy cow! Still, I tihnk UConn is better than last year and I think this is a winnable game...but the revenge issue bothers me.

pitt qb smith blows... bostic was the 2006 gatorade player of the year in PA at back up i think he may get some reps this week.. the freshman rb for pitt is just nasty.. i bet we see alot more of the arkansas style offense this week like they did last week..

pitt qb smith blows... bostic was the 2006 gatorade player of the year in PA at back up i think he may get some reps this week.. the freshman rb for pitt is just nasty.. i bet we see alot more of the arkansas style offense this week like they did last week..

If UConn defends the run like they did against Temple, you'll probably think that RB is the next Barry Sanders...

also, keep in mind that Pitt's DL just beat up the Spartan's OL last week for 6 sacks.....If it wasnt for a returned INT for a TD -Pitt beats them in E. Lansing last week.

Last edited:
Eh.. 91 points were scored last meeting, but defenitely two different teams from a year ago.. my first instinct goes under, but it could be a wild day

Eh.. 91 points were scored last meeting, but defenitely two different teams from a year ago.. my first instinct goes under, but it could be a wild day

I lean under here as well...but the total looks pretty close to dead on to me.

How wonderful that this nationally televised game is on ESPN U, which almost no one gets in the state of Connecticut. Looks like I'm going to have to ring up another bar tab...

Lol i actually have ESPN U.. but if you want to come up to the U, lets get juiced at Huskies bar..

ill just keep my plays in this thread:

BC -27

USF -12.5

BC Fucked me, started 1-1.. hit mich st. for a little.. got bama -3, wisc -7, and obviously my Huskies!

uconn looked greatt.. should be 5-0 with akron coming up.. ill have a writeup

At anything reasonable, I feel like UConn over Akron is one to pound. UConn had their wakeup call against Temple and should have learned all about letdowns. you could tell against Pitt they were all business, not really celebrating or chest thumping much despite the fact that they smoked Pitt in their own backyard.

Pitt looked absolutely pathetic, but don't take anything away from UConn-they definitely forced the issue with their defensive gameplan to shutdown that kid McCoy...

Oh, and I didn't see this thread about coming up to Huskies Bar until later...watched the game with about 30 uconn fans at All Stars in Manchester...decent atmosphere for a great win.

my company has office space at a building near tolland turnpike.. like by burr center.. off the buckland st exit

Back