Husky's Friday Rebound Special

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
Ugh, what a debaccle last week was. Sorry to those who listened to me and bet Uconn.. though i still think it shouldve been a winning bet if Lorenzen hadnt thrown a pick at the 2, and the 20.. fucker.

Anyway, im not going to type a lot of shit, I just like Uconn. Im a homer, and though Louisville has revenge int heir eyes (Larry Taylor Punt Return debaccle) from last year, I still dont think they are a great team. They had a good win over a bad KSU team.

Robert Griffin from Baylor gave uconn a ton of problems with his mobility and great arm, and thankfully Louisville has Hunter Cant THROW Well as their QB, and i dont foresee him as a problem at all for Uconn.

Louisville's defense is not as good or have a run defense as good as Baylors, and Donald Brown will continue to dominate the field. You saw him, you know.

Uconn getting points here makes me very happy, and I will lock in a bit at 3.5 now and wait for the public to ride up the ville line friday. Still, any situation with them getting points is surefire bet for me.

Uconn Big here. Good Luck, and sorry for the ugly, terrible game you had to waste your friday on. MY FAULT

GL Husky. I remember that punt return game from last year. I still think it was the right call. Me and Mwebb got into it pretty good for a while. Hoping the Huskies come out big this week.

UConn. Shocker.

What about the revenge factor for UL? Did you see Cantwell tear up KSU (you say he can't throw well)? Did you see their lines dominate KSU's lines? What answer will UConn have to their running back who gained 176 on KSU?

All good questions I'd like to know the answers to.

To me -3 looks short for a home team going into a bye week with revenge in their minds.

Will be a battle of the big wind-up quarterbacks ... These two hurlers make paul byrd look like he is throwing without a wind-up.

how can you back a team that has Lorenzen as a QB?

He looked atrocious against a bad Baylor D...I mean VERY bad against a bad Baylor D.

I can't back this team

Will be a battle of the big wind-up quarterbacks ... These two hurlers make paul byrd look like he is throwing without a wind-up.

As funny as this is, it is totally correct.

Lorenzen especially. I used the term "Jennie Finch" when referring to Cantwell's motion. To describe Lorenzen's motion, I would say that he looks like he is standing on the bottom of a 12ft deep swimming pool, trying to wind up and throw the ball 75mph, but the water is providing too much resistance.

I think UConn was exagerated last season because they caught much better teams in the middle of hurricanes, or massive rainstorms.

GL Husky.

Yes he's a bad quarterback- his windup arm makes you cringe everytime- however- he sitll won that game for his team. YES they didnt cover, but they did win. he ran for 83 yards, including a huge 34 yard td. He's a winner, not a good quarterback- he still led his team down the field and capitalized. and thats what im betting on friday, that he wont go out and throw 200 yards and 3 td's, because thats not what he does, but he puts his team in position to win. And when they are getting points, in this case over 3, I'm betting on the defense to do their part, and for the offense to score, whether it be don brown or lorenzen moving the chains with his legs and some ugly looking throws.

KSU brought a completely different offense to the field than what the huskies are brnging. they threw the ball 42 times. They gave up on the run before the game even started. Louisville will not have played a offensive line or run attack as formibidle as Uconn's, thats for god damn sure.

Louisville's rush offense should have some success against Uconn, but less than what you saw agaisnt Baylor. Uconn was so concerned with Griffin running and throwing outside the pocket they left the middle of the field open pretty much all night- as you can see, they capitalized on over the middle passes and rushes up the middle. Cantwell isnt nearly as versatile so the Huskies D will benefit from that.

Uconn has proved its not going to cover these huge spreads, cept for virginia ha ha, but they are a winning football team and no matter how ugly or close they play, they win. Isn't that what football is about anyways? maybe you forgot.

Husky--

I'm not sure what is going to happen on Friday, just as you don't. Thank you for your analysis.

However, who have the Huskies played YTD? Baylor, Temple, Virginia, and Hofstra. I'm not impressed with L-ville's schedule either, but I would say that UK's defense is better than UConn's and L-ville's offense has grown alot since that first embarassing loss.

Griffin and Cantwell are 2 different QBs, you're right about that. Baylor had a balanced offense and, honestly, outplayed UConn. In their game against KSU, L-ville put up nearly 600 yards of offense (200 more than Baylor put up against you) using a balanced attack. We'll have to see.

But what about the revenge factor for L-ville? That looms large in my mind. UConn fucked L-ville and now L-ville will want to kill them.

I don't know. Maybe you're right, but saying something like UConn just wins about a future 7-5 or 8-4 football team doesn't make sense to justify the play here.

Phil had no notes this week on Baylor-UConn, but this was interesting:

In the Wednesday Night game Louisville had a 41:26-18:34 TOP and 31-14 FD and 577-343 yd edges. K-State got 3 key plays to make it appear respectable. PR Murphy was pinned in at his own 14 yd line but broke through and raced 86 yds for a TD. Trailing 35-14 K-St got 52 & 59 yd TD passes late in the 4Q

but they are a winning football team and no matter how ugly or close they play, they win. Isn't that what football is about anyways? maybe you forgot.

No. Covering spreads is what football is about.

lol.... just busting your New Englandish balls.....

last time I checked we weren't here to talk about who will "win games" but rather who will cover the spread. Maybe you have forgotten.

And if anything Lorenzen almost lost you the game. 13/23 for 125 yards and 2 red zone interceptions is very sh!tty.

Yes, but if you read what I said, I said I have Uconn winning this game. Therefore Uconn winning means Uconn covers. Thats what happens when your an underdog- you cover when you win SU.

Case for Louisville: Looked good vs. KSU, Ron English D coming together, strong vs. run. Lorenzen cannot throw the ball. Sick running game for Uconn but Ville big bodies up front Mich transfers and don’t have to worry about pass. Also, Ville offense more dynamic than Uconn. Uconn showed some ability to give up the pass last week vs. Baylor.

Case Against Louisville: Uconn could not stop Baylor’s run but I think vs. conventional run teams they are very stout. That's what struck me about that Baylor game last week. That was not the same team vs. Wake (comparable D) in which Kirby Freeman was throwing picks left and right. What I have noticed is these teams with athletic qbs who do the Vince Young number or WVU offense or Navy offense, good run D's against conventional defenses are not always good run defenses against these teams.

I think Louisivlle is still unproven offensively. I cannot explain how fundamentally bad that Kansas State defense was. I think UConn is getting undervalued due to unconventional Baylor team and piss poor KSU team the Ville played. UConn will play zone something Hunter Cantfield struggles with (KSU never figured out). UConn also plays a 4-3, and Cantfield has dominated last two weeks against the 3-4. I think the Ville offense could look like they did against Kentucky in which the Huskies get some picks, play strong defense, run it and win like they have in the past when nobody thought they could.

---This is going to be a close game in all likelihood. The Ville is the only team that can run away with it but I would lean to a low scoring, close game.

Honestly the Under might be the play here, if it's in the 50s I think that is very strong. I'm pretty sure UConn is going to really struggle to score, and for the above reasons I believe the Ville will struggle to score as well. The whole key for UConn is Lorenzen not turning it over. He sucks and his strong point was game management. He already has more picks this year than he did all last year.

Uconn is a pretty solid go against team at this point in the season, especially since they have not lost SU yet on the scoreboard. On a current run of 2-5 ATS with wins against Syracuse & Virginia and double digit pointspread losses to Cin, WV, WF & Bay. The K St team that you are calling bad is basically the same team that beat Baylor 51-13 last year. Because this team is well coached they will win those games that they should win but will get blown out by superior talent. I think this could be the biggest revenge game of the year!

"Thats what happens when your an underdog- you cover when you win SU."

Thanks for clarifying that point. We all see things much more clearly now...

Uconn is a pretty solid go against team at this point in the season, especially since they have not lost SU yet on the scoreboard. On a current run of 2-5 ATS with wins against Syracuse & Virginia and double digit pointspread losses to Cin, WV, WF & Bay. The K St team that you are calling bad is basically the same team that beat Baylor 51-13 last year. Because this team is well coached they will win those games that they should win but will get blown out by superior talent. I think this could be the biggest revenge game of the year!

Si.

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1060545&postcount=71

Do remember however there was more than one botched call from the refs.. they took back a fumble recovery on a punt that wouldve put uconn on louisvilles 1, and gave louisville the ball at the 16..

Do remember however there was more than one botched call from the refs.. they took back a fumble recovery on a punt that wouldve put uconn on louisvilles 1, and gave louisville the ball at the 16..

Nobody remembers that. All we remember is the BS fair-catch and that L-ville should have won that game.

From the UConn perspective, they have no axe to grind. On the other hand, L-ville does.

I think thats a valid point when lookingat last eyars results .. that was a terrible call that cost uconn points. But what i think RJ is saying is that right now ,,,, uconn is feeling like they got one over on the ville and the ville is feeling like they got cheated. Right or wrong that is the mentality of both of these teams heading into this one. So the motivation angle is different .... uconn is content with the win and might have a fat cat feeling , while the ville is an angry cornered cat protecting its young.

crowd will be all over the officials on every penalty called against and on every missed call in the game .. extra sensitive means that ville might get additional benefit of officiating .... even more so than normal hfa.

Nobody remembers that. All we remember is the BS fair-catch and that L-ville should have won that game.

From the UConn perspective, they have no axe to grind. On the other hand, L-ville does.

good to see your open minded.. two scores were taken away, one from each team. Do agree that L-ville has big revenge factor, as i previously stated.

I think thats a valid point when lookingat last eyars results .. that was a terrible call that cost uconn points. But what i think RJ is saying is that right now ,,,, uconn is feeling like they got one over on the ville and the ville is feeling like they got cheated. Right or wrong that is the mentality of both of these teams heading into this one. So the motivation angle is different .... uconn is content with the win and might have a fat cat feeling , while the ville is an angry cornered cat protecting its young.

crowd will be all over the officials on every penalty called against and on every missed call in the game .. extra sensitive means that ville might get additional benefit of officiating .... even more so than normal hfa.

agreed, a more sensible look at it. I still think Uconn scratches and claws till the end and pulls it out though. going to be a great game

good to see your open minded.. two scores were taken away, one from each team. Do agree that L-ville has big revenge factor, as i previously stated.

Very open minded, just disagree with your analysis. I do agree with VK's though and therefore through the laws of transitive properties you and I agree.

Weird.

Inside source tells me a key Uconn player is very close to being a no-go for tommorrow.. No one is leaking it yet, but it may be their best cornerback Darius Butler.. I'll update when i find out more.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll C&P it here to add to the discussion...

:shake:

Here's some reasons why I like Louisville tonight...

1. The game is being played in Papa John's stadium. The Cardinals are 22-3 SU in their last 25 games at home. This bodes well for Louisville backers, since the Cards are only favored by a field goal.

2. It's a Friday Nighter (nationally televised). Pretty much impossible for the home team not to be UP for the task.

3. This is a REVENGE game for Louisville, as the Cardinals lost a tough one at UConn 17-21 last year. Many (including myself) feel the Cards were robbed by a horrible blown call by the officials. Louisville would have WON that game. Just another reason for the Cardinals to come out angry and hungry for some redemption.

4. Louisville (2-1) has looked good since their Week 1 loss. The Cards are in contention for the Big East title, and have a chance to make a statement and chalk a monster win against UConn.

5. UConn has a one dimensional offense (Brown and the running game). Combine this with the fact that Lorenzen has not been playing well...

Tyler Lorenzen's stats thru four games...

50/85 (58.8%) for 519 yds (130 yds/game) 1 TD & 6 INTs

6. UConn's schedule has been a complete joke to this point...

Hofstra (1-2), Temple (1-3), Virginia (1-2), & Baylor (2-2) (combined record of 5-9)

7. Louisville's schedule has been anything but a complete joke...

Kentucky (3-0), Tennessee Tech (3-2), Kansas State (2-1) (combined record of 8-3)

8. The Cardinals defense has given up an average of 42 yards/game on the ground. All 3 of their previous opponents have effective ground games, yet were shut down by the Cardinals. Brown will face 8-9 in the box, just about every down. Conversely, UConn is giving up nearly 100 yards/game on the ground, at home, to inferior opponents thus far.

I guess that's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread, but I'll C&P it here to add to the discussion...

Here's some reasons why I like Louisville tonight...

1. The game is being played in Papa John's stadium. The Cardinals are 22-3 SU in their last 25 games at home. This bodes well for Louisville backers, since the Cards are only favored by a field goal.

2. It's a Friday Nighter (nationally televised). Pretty much impossible for the home team not to be UP for the task.

3. This is a REVENGE game for Louisville, as the Cardinals lost a tough one at UConn 17-21 last year. Many (including myself) feel the Cards were robbed by a horrible blown call by the officials. Louisville would have WON that game. Just another reason for the Cardinals to come out angry and hungry for some redemption.

4. Louisville (2-1) has looked good since their Week 1 loss. The Cards are in contention for the Big East title, and have a chance to make a statement and chalk a monster win against UConn.

5. UConn has a one dimensional offense (Brown and the running game). Combine this with the fact that Lorenzen has not been playing well...

Tyler Lorenzen's stats thru four games...

50/85 (58.8%) for 519 yds (130 yds/game) 1 TD & 6 INTs

6. UConn's schedule has been a complete joke to this point...

Hofstra (1-2), Temple (1-3), Virginia (1-2), & Baylor (2-2) (combined record of 5-9)

7. Louisville's schedule has been anything but a complete joke...

Kentucky (3-0), Tennessee Tech (3-2), Kansas State (2-1) (combined record of 8-3)

8. The Cardinals defense has given up an average of 42 yards/game on the ground. All 3 of their previous opponents have effective ground games, yet were shut down by the Cardinals. Brown will face 8-9 in the box, just about every down. Conversely, UConn is giving up nearly 100 yards/game on the ground, at home, to inferior opponents thus far.

I guess that's all I can think of for now.

I really like this spot for L-ville.

that and tie in the 17 juco transfers

Back