HUmp Day Bases w/writeups...........

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
27-15 (+38.3 UNITS)

***all plays are based on 4 units unless other wise noted***

Whats up everyone? I hope everyone had a tremendous Tuesday. I wanted to get one of these games out there now, because I probably will not wake up in time to post it tomorrow...:smiley_acbe:

STL/PITT UNDER 8.5

These teams come into this early game after playing in another exciting 5 run game Tuesday...and no I do not mean a 5 run win- I mean 5 total runs scored in the game. STL scored 2 in the Top of the 9th (correct me if I am wrong) to tie the ball game. The Cards later won the game in 11 innings(?).​

This line opened up at 8 in many places and got bumped up to 8.5 already. When I look at these teams I do not really see how this is possible. Adam WainWright gets the start for the Cards. WainWright pitched terrific in his first outting (7 innings, 1 ER, 5 hits)- he did walk 3 guys though. STL bullpen does not really have numbers that will make you say,"Damn they can bring it"! Some of those numbers are a little misleading IMO.​

After a shaky series with the Mets, the pen has done pretty good. Since then, they have an ERA under 4.00. As a staff, STL has done a great job. Teams are only getting 4 runs per game and are hitting a mild .238. IN road games (their past 4) teams are batting below .200 and have only score 2 runs per.​

STL has not exactly been an explosive offense early in the season either. They are averaging 2.9 runs per game and are hitting below .240. Their runs per game has gone up of late but they have seen their average about the same. Their OBP is also below .300! Against lefties they are averaging a sizzling 2.5 runs per.​

Paul Maholm comes into this game after a rocky first outting. He lasted 5 ininngs, giving up 4 runs and a couple of long balls. At this point in the season the long balls do not bother me as much as later...Though he struggled in his first outting, he now gets a struggling lineup that has not hit lefties well. Maholm also has had recent success against the Cards lineup. Last year he only gave up 2 ER in 12.7 innings against STL! Both of those games stayed well under the total of 9.​

This Pirate offense has been horrendous: 3.4 runs per game (3 against righties), .232 average (.214 against righties), and .267 OBP (.253 against righties)!

Pitts pen has been excellent in the early run, and has been the main cause of some early success IMO. They come into this game with a 1.64 ERA and a WHIP of .955.

This game is scheduled to start at 12:35 (an early start in its own time zone). For these Cardinal players it will essentially be 11:35...Like I said, Monday's stats are not applied to this writeup. After 3-2 game in 11 innings, I am pretty sure the stats tolled in would better my argument...5-1 Pirates​

I will be back with more tomorrow sometime....BOL all:cheers:​

Last edited:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck today YesSir! on it as well.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Detroit 5.4-4 (133) Mr. Jones

I am going to use some of my writeup from yesterday- same thoughts

This game features two teams that have been up and down early this season. We have come to expect this with the Orioles, but many people thought The D would have come out stronger. Justin Verlander, another ace from a year ago, gets to toe the rubber for the second time this year. In his first outting he went 6 innings giving up 0 ERs and 2 hits. The thing that worries me is that he game up 5 BBs. He has struggled at times with control, in isolated games...

Verlander usually will go deep into the 7th or later, if he keeps his pitch count down. When you first look at the Tigers pen, you might scare away from this play (5.49 ERA and 1.500 WHIP will do that). If you look further into the numbers though, you see that they have really not been that bad, especially of late. 9 of their 14 ERs were in the first two games of the season. On the road, which has been their L5 games, they have been phenominal (2.57 ERA 1.071 WHIP).

Anyways, back to Verlander:
He pitched well against Baltimore, in his lone game against them. He last 6.3 innings, scattering 3 runs and 7 hits.

Offensively, the Tigs have struggled this year 4 runs per, 3 runs per on the road...They have only faced one lefty and they got stifeled by him (De La Rosa I believe).

Lets look at Adam Loewen and the Orioles:
Adam Loewen comes into this game after going 5 innings, giving up 2 ERs, 5 hits, 3BBS...all this add up to a 3.60 ERA and a WHIP of 1.600. Not bad is it? No, it is not BUT with the gas cans sitting behind him in the pen, I would be thrilled if the Tigers got 2 runs in five innings, therefore they will get 12 outs against the Os firearms...Back to Loewen- I believe he will eventually get his shit together and have a long mediocre career but now is not the time IMO. Lets look back to last year when he had a sparkling 5.37 ERA in 22 games (19 starts).

Baltimore's offensive numbers continue to dip(batting below .225, scoring less than 4.5, and getting on base less than 30% of the time). I like Detroit a lot in this game, might throw a couple more units on it but I am not sure. Detroit 6-3

BOL all...might have one more not sure yet though :cheers:

THanks SParky....kinda liked the Yanks but just not gonna pull the trigger

Too many different things are possible IMO

Good shit son...records looking impressive too...quesiton though, how come all plays are 4 units? why not just make em 1

Good shit son...records looking impressive too...quesiton though, how come all plays are 4 units? why not just make em 1

lol I need to post this at the top...not all plays are 4 units..I play 1,2,4, 6 and maybe a 10 or so....The reason I put that at the top is because the majority of the plays are 4 units. It is easier for me to calculate (for my records...as in cash). If I made "4 unit" plays 1 unit, then what should I put .25 unit for "1 unit" plays?

I put that because somtimes I do not think to write 4 units or 4.4-4 ...and so on. I do not want someone bitching about my units later so I just put that...If I forget to post what units I put on them....it is there

Back