HR derby

big_units

Pretty much a regular
going to be ridiculous this year; you need a fucking flow chart to figure out all these rules.
one thing that stood out to me...how the hell are you going to make pujols an underdog to bryant?

The time factor is just crazy. Brings a complete new twist. No idea how to go about it. I think players are going to still take pitches after hitting home runs but not as many. It's going to put pressure on the guys pitching. It's too confusing

edit: just realized .... In the FINAL MINUTE of each round.... the time will stop after a home run is hit until a ball is hit that's not a home run or a swing and miss happens. This allows for players to take as many pitches as they want after a home run?

View attachment 39115

I can picture someone given this assignment to sit in an office and don't come out until you have a better HR Derby that the fans will enjoy and the players won't get tired and this is what he came up with. This is as stupid as the winner playing the 7th game at home in the world series which could be a wild card team getting Home team advantage over a 100 win team. Go get'em baseball.

What was reason for change?

I get that it took awhile but people seemed to enjoy it, tbh. I dunno.

they think they're being clever and creating more excitement...all they're doing is creating disorganization and confusion.
line moved on pujols, he's now a -130 fav instead of bryant -140.

The reason for the change is that some players would sit around for 45 minutes + after their turn and they want to speed it up just like they've been trying to speed up MLB games. I'm all for it. Just hope it's not too confusing

Looks like Pujols is taking part so his kids can get on the field....

with it being timed I think Albert could get tired and start taking bad swings. There's no limit of outs, correct?

So will players just keep swinging away?

yeah, seems like they can hack all they want...pujols will pace himself like he has done in the past, he won't get worn out...the guys that get worn out are the ones that haven't done it before.

Back