How's my team - orangemonk edition

orangemonk

Creep - Dee oh double gee
PPR. 6 pt passing TDs & return TDs. 12 team league. Will post my thoughts / strategy if anyone cares to comment.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; ">[TR="class: tableBody, bgcolor: #f8f8f2"]
[TD="width: 8%"]7[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]C.J. Spiller, Buf RB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tableBody, bgcolor: #f2f2e8"]
[TD="width: 8%"]18[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Jimmy Graham, NO TE [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tableBody, bgcolor: #f8f8f2"]
[TD="width: 8%"]31[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Reggie Bush, Det RB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]42[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Lamar Miller, Mia RB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]55[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Matthew Stafford, Det QB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]66[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Cecil Shorts, Jac WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]79[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Tavon Austin, StL WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]90[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Shane Vereen, NE RB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]103[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Kenny Britt, Ten WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]114[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Golden Tate, Sea WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]127[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Kenbrell Thompkins, NE WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]138[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Rueben Randle, NYG WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]151[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Andy Dalton, Cin QB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]162[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Rams D/ST D/ST [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]175[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]LaMichael James, SF RB [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]186[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Giants Coach HC [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]199[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Robert Woods, Buf WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]210[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Aaron Dobson, NE WR [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 8%"]223[/TD]
[TD="width: 46%"]Garrett Hartley, NO K [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Starters
QB - Stafford
RB - Spiller
RB - Bush
WR - Cecil Shorts
WR - Tavon Austin
Flex - Lamar Miller
TE - Graham
Def - Rams
K - Hartley
--------
Bench
QB - Dalton
RB - Vereen, James
WR - Britt, Tate, Thomkins, Randle, Woods, Dobson.

my thoughts --

WRs are clearly the weakest link but the deep benches of this league made it so that I didn't have to go for sure things and could focus on building more scarce parts of my team. tried to draft a bunch of younger guys with hopes that a couple pan out. Randle is a solid WR2 if Nicks or Cruz are hurt. hoping Rams and Jags are throwing early and often. We've heard the Austin game breaker hype, now I hope it's legit and they use him like percy harvin (most underrated ppr wr of the past few years). grabbed both NE rookie WRs in hopes that Brady falls in love with one of them.

While I've stated many-a-time that QB is deep this year, with 6pt passing TDs I felt like Stafford was a huge value in the 5th. As we all know the Lions will throw is a bunch, and I'm sure all have heard by now that Lions WRs got tackled inside the 5 an incredible 23 times. I expect somewhere between 2011 and 2012 for Stafford (no Titus, healthy Broyles, addition of Bush catching out of the backfield). I think there's a better chance we see a repeat of 2011 than 2012.

Graham at 18 was a PPR no brainer. He is so much better than any TE available I'll be making up a ton of points every week. If my WRs don't pan out this will help cushion the blow. Witten ended up going at like 57 overall. Had I anticipated that I probably wouldve taken elite WR/RB here and gotten Witten later, but still very happy with how it played out.

Can't believe I got Bush at 31.... in a league with 11/12 people from Michigan. He's a 2nd round PPR back, so I was thrilled to get him in the 3rd and pair him with Spiller. a lot of ppr love for vareen who is expected to get 3rd down action and plenty of touches, going with the experts on this one and hoping it's true. Echo the Detroit comments with Stafford too. I hate taking local guys in local leagues because they are seemingly always overvalued and go too early, but in both of these cases I couldn't believe they were on the board. Oh and Calvin went #2 overall.

yeah i like it...crazy u have coaches haha

first year we've done it. I believe it's 1 point for a 1-3 point win, 2 points for a 4-7 and so on up until 8 points for 28+. Will probably just play matchups for the most part.

first year we've done it. I believe it's 1 point for a 1-3 point win, 2 points for a 4-7 and so on up until 8 points for 28+. Will probably just play matchups for the most part.

Anything for challenges? That's what I expected to hear when there were coaches involved. By "play matchups" do you mean you'll drop and add coaches as you see an intriguing matchup pop up for a FA coach?

nothing... surprised as well. yeah ill probably add/drop based on if I think someone has a good shot at winning big aka pick up whoever is playing the raiders.

I see you drafted a defense in the 14th round, and that seems pretty standard for most leagues you hear about (drafting a defense late). I guess the big league I play in is clearly the anomaly, as our defenses score pretty much more points than most every position except for QB. Last year, for instance, the Bears defense scored 273 points and the Broncos scored 272 points. There were then 8 other defenses that scored more than 200 points for the season (Seahawks, 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Rams, Pats).

Comparing that to QB/RB/WR, the top guy in the league (Arian Foster) scored 265 points, and only 10 other players scored 200+ points (Martin, Lynch, Rice, Marshall, Bryant, Charles, Green, Ridley, D. Thomas, Richardson). Guys start drafting defenses in our league right about the 5th or 6th round, and with good reason, seeing as how they score so many points.

Anything for challenges? That's what I expected to hear when there were coaches involved. By "play matchups" do you mean you'll drop and add coaches as you see an intriguing matchup pop up for a FA coach?

Was wondering the same when I saw coaches...never seen that before. Maybe pts for challenges won?

RBs loaded...QBs, TE solid...WRs could definitely use an upgrade. Would u be willing to trade Miller or Vereen and maybe someone else for a WR upgrade?

RBs loaded...QBs, TE solid...WRs could definitely use an upgrade. Would u be willing to trade Miller or Vereen and maybe someone else for a WR upgrade?
Not yet, I would prefer the RB depth with the flex. Rbs are harder to come by than WRs. If the right offer came I would consider but I'm not pursuing it. Feel my team is strong enough elsewhere to play the lotto/wire with WR

I love your backs, Qb, and TE. As you and every one mentioned your WR are are your weakness. Who knows what Austin will do, so who really knows.

No challenge points

So basically you're just betting on the team each week, which falls right into "capping the games"... You could just let the oddsmakers do the work for you each week and get the "coach" that's the biggest favorite you can get each week.

I see you drafted a defense in the 14th round, and that seems pretty standard for most leagues you hear about (drafting a defense late). I guess the big league I play in is clearly the anomaly, as our defenses score pretty much more points than most every position except for QB. Last year, for instance, the Bears defense scored 273 points and the Broncos scored 272 points. There were then 8 other defenses that scored more than 200 points for the season (Seahawks, 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Rams, Pats).

Comparing that to QB/RB/WR, the top guy in the league (Arian Foster) scored 265 points, and only 10 other players scored 200+ points (Martin, Lynch, Rice, Marshall, Bryant, Charles, Green, Ridley, D. Thomas, Richardson). Guys start drafting defenses in our league right about the 5th or 6th round, and with good reason, seeing as how they score so many points.

What is the point of this ? I hate leagues where defenses are weighed so heavily, it's pointless.

I thought you did great OM, only complaint is Austin that early, but Graham, Bush, and even Miller are great values. Love Vereen that late in a ppr too.

What is the point of this ? I hate leagues where defenses are weighed so heavily, it's pointless.

I don't know why it's "pointless," but I certainly understand that it's different than most other leagues. It's always been this way in this league, and I think this is the 13th year of our league. It's just something different, I guess, and makes defenses as valuable as other positions.

I think you gambled at WR but it could workout for you.. Solid team other than that..

Bush, Graham, Spiller, Miller.. All great choices.

Back