How the hell did UCLA get votes!

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
I don't understand some of these dipshit AP writers. They don't even pay attention.

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Georgia Bulldogs (22) 11-2 1,528 2
2. Ohio State Buckeyes (21) 11-2 1,506 5
3. U-S-C Trojans (12) 11-2 1,490 3
4. Oklahoma Sooners (4) 11-3 1,444 8
5. Florida Gators (6) 9-4 1,415 13
6. Missouri Tigers 12-2 1,266 4
7. L-S-U Tigers 12-2 1,135 1
8. W. Virginia Mountaineers 11-2 1,116 6
9. Clemson Tigers 9-4 1,105 21
10. Auburn Tigers 9-4 968 15
11. Texas Longhorns 10-3 966 10
12. Texas Tech Red Raiders 9-4 786 22
13. Wisconsin Badgers 9-4 771 24
14. Kansas Jayhawks 12-1 707 7
15. Arizona State Sun Devils 10-3 631 16
16. B-Y-U Cougars 11-2 590 14
17. Virginia Tech Hokies 11-3 578 9
18. Tennessee Volunteers 10-4 509 12
19. South Florida Bulls 9-4 496 NR
20. Illinois Fighting Illini 9-4 483 20
21. Oregon Ducks 9-4 366 23
22. Penn State Nittany Lions 9-4 293 NR
23. Wake Forest 9-4 227 NR
24. Alabama Crimson Tide 7-6 89 NR
25. Pittsburgh Panthers 5-7 85 NR

Others receiving votes: South Carolina 84, Fresno State 83, California 59, Utah 53, Cincinnati 44, Florida State 41, Michigan 36, Boston College 32, Rutgers 32, Michigan State 21, Boise State 17, Arkansas 14, North Carolina 14, Connecticut 10, Tulsa 7, U-C-L-A 6, Oregon State 5, Mississippi State 4, Virginia 4, Arizona 3, Nebraska 2, Notre Dame 2, Hawaii 1, Washington 1.

Pittsburgh made it, but SC and Cal with better records from better conferences with more talent and better coaches did not. LOL

Polls are the stupidest thing ever. [sarcasm]I love that they factor heavily into determining the champion instead of having a playoff.[/sarcasm]

Pittsburgh made it, but SC and Cal with better records from better conferences with more talent and better coaches did not. LOL

Polls are the stupidest thing ever. [sarcasm]I love that they factor heavily into determining the champion instead of having a playoff.[/sarcasm]

couldn't have said it better myself. I like SC being not-ranked and they finished the season losing 5 straight so they don't deserved to be ranked BUT on neutral field, Bama and Pitt would not beat them if they met up in WK 1

couldn't have said it better myself. I like SC being not-ranked and they finished the season losing 5 straight so they don't deserved to be ranked BUT on neutral field, Bama and Pitt would not beat them if they met up in WK 1

Over/Under Pitt's running game getting over 210 yards against South Carolina? (think thats why they averaged giving up last season)

Over/Under Pitt's running game getting over 210 yards against South Carolina? (think thats why they averaged giving up last season)

is that a joke?

210 yards on the ground?

not a shot in this world.

First off, if your going to use last years avg, which Steele lists as 209, I hope you notice it does include 541yards to Arkansas and 233 to Florida.

It also doesn't include the defense SC has this year with their 4 missing starters from last year, most notable being B52.

Even if u did end up rushing for 210, remind me again how many yards Bill Stull is going to throw for?

That is a silly way to look at things

Certainly not, Pitt might have the second best running game in the Big east right after the Pat Whites, I could see the Panthers tearing up South Carolina, maybe not for 500 yards, but 200 yards I would take that number. Pitt has one of the best secondaries in the country, QB needs a little work, but who's QB doesn't these days. Anyway I think it would be a close game in all likely hood but this argument is pretty irrelevant considering im a Pitt fan and you are a SC fan :36_11_6:

E.T.G I don't think there is a whole lot of difference b/t So Car and Clemson right now. On a neutral field this moment I would make Clemson -3.5 as my line. That being said, I'm not extremely confident about Clemson beating 'Bama on a neutral field so I don't see how you would be so confident about So Car beating 'Bama on a neutral field. I think it would be a damn good game, much like I think the Clemson 'Bama game will be

E.T.G I don't think there is a whole lot of difference b/t So Car and Clemson right now. On a neutral field this moment I would make Clemson -3.5 as my line. That being said, I'm not extremely confident about Clemson beating 'Bama on a neutral field so I don't see how you would be so confident about So Car beating 'Bama on a neutral field. I think it would be a damn good game, much like I think the Clemson 'Bama game will be

Well I made it a point to say beginning the year because I think Bama has some young talent and some holes that will look different on 8/30 than it will look in late November.

Well I made it a point to say beginning the year because I think Bama has some young talent and some holes that will look different on 8/30 than it will look in late November.

I hope so but they scare me. Actually I think Tommy Bowden scares me more than anything. I think we have a shot to beat them by 10-14 but I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost. I'm nervous as hell about this one but I'm just fucking pumped that the season is damn near here

I hope so but they scare me. Actually I think Tommy Bowden scares me more than anything. I think we have a shot to beat them by 10-14 but I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost. I'm nervous as hell about this one but I'm just fucking pumped that the season is damn near here

Tommy Bowden + in-game play calling would scare me too.

Their front 7 on paper is no where near where it needs to be to slow down your rushing game BUT is your OL going to be where it needs to be to create some space for Spiller/Davis? To me, that is the single most important matchup in this game. Your OL vs their Front 7. If you can create some holes which in turn gives Harper some breathing room to throw, you will walk away winning by 13+. Of course Satan having this long to break down Spence and Company is a worrying factor and this game is a total avoid for me. Maybe 13 was too high, maybe 10+ if your OL is up to the task.

Dwight you guys have a lot of talent, but your right, Bowden always finds a way to fuck it up. Is it just me or do you guys usually fade in the 2H of the season?

Back