How Many TV's

huss

Just Wondering how many TV's you guys have for watching football. I have 5 nothing big two 43 inch and three 31 inch. Back in my younger days late 90's or early 2000's I converted the garage into a man cave of sorts. I had 8 tv's most were tiny 19 inch. I've downsized since my more to honolulu. Enjoy the best sport every created. GBR and Go Bows

Just Wondering how many TV's you guys have for watching football. I have 5 nothing big two 43 inch and three 31 inch. Back in my younger days late 90's or early 2000's I converted the garage into a man cave of sorts. I had 8 tv's most were tiny 19 inch. I've downsized since my more to honolulu. Enjoy the best sport every created. GBR and Go Bows
Two currently -- 65 and 55 inch.

Ideally one day will totally convert my office into a football cave. For now I am happy with what I have.

There are a few guys here with excellent "Capping Command Centres"

I have 8. Two 60", 4 I think are about 43" and two 39" I think they are. Honestly, as cool as it is for reacting in the moment. It is too many. But having said that I am not downsizing. It is unreal how many things you miss with this many games on at once. It is hard to retain what you saw and remember it at the end of the day/night. Maybe that is just my memory, but it's almost like the RAM in my brain is maxed out and it has to erase things I saw a couple minutes ago to make room for the things I just saw. You think you would see it all, but you're watching a handful of games and then the other games you have to ask somebody 'what happened there?' But I saw Rutgers score a TD with :00 left for the cover. If I didn't have 8 TVs I surely would've turned that game off after they were stopped on 4th down on their second to last possession. So it's good still. Hard to work the audio and the commercials. I mean, it's more than 8 remotes with the different smart devices and everything. Electrical tape on some of the IR sensors so one remote doesn't operate other TVs. Kind of an operation that can take away from just watching the games too.

I have 8. Two 60", 4 I think are about 43" and two 39" I think they are. Honestly, as cool as it is for reacting in the moment. It is too many. But having said that I am not downsizing. It is unreal how many things you miss with this many games on at once. It is hard to retain what you saw and remember it at the end of the day/night. Maybe that is just my memory, but it's almost like the RAM in my brain is maxed out and it has to erase things I saw a couple minutes ago to make room for the things I just saw. You think you would see it all, but you're watching a handful of games and then the other games you have to ask somebody 'what happened there?' But I saw Rutgers score a TD with :00 left for the cover. If I didn't have 8 TVs I surely would've turned that game off after they were stopped on 4th down on their second to last possession. So it's good still. Hard to work the audio and the commercials. I mean, it's more than 8 remotes with the different smart devices and everything. Electrical tape on some of the IR sensors so one remote doesn't operate other TVs. Kind of an operation that can take away from just watching the games too.
Wow nice setup. I remember in the early 1990's when espn came out with college gameplan to get out of market games. I think was like $50 for the whole season

I do the YouTube tv multi view to watch 4 games at once on my 110” projection screen in the media room. Not ideal when I’m switching between games on “mainstream” vs ESPN+ but can’t complain.

Wow nice setup. I remember in the early 1990's when espn came out with college gameplan to get out of market games. I think was like $50 for the whole season

I still have the hat you got for signing up for that package. Thinking 1995?

I will say that NFL Sundays with all the TVs is a lot smoother because there is hardly any changing channels. Maybe 1 TV you go between a couple games. Saturday with this many TVs is tough because so many games have different kickoff times and then half times and everything. It just seems I am changing channels so often.

The two 60" I was going to bump to 65s this year, but didn't. They are older 'smart TVs', a Samsung and an LG, but old enough that you can't put new apps on them. So because I watch predominantly FCS football games which are almost all exclusively streamed I needed lots of streaming capability that works off different remote frequencies. I have two apple TV boxes on the big TV. Two of the 43s are smart - one Sony - one Toshiba. I have a Vizeo, an Insignia - one with Roku and one with Google play. Then the other TVs can get a directv signal split to them or antenna. The biggest challenge is trying to get the remotes to only control the TVs you want. So I have electrical tape on 4 TVs or else they would power eachother off and and on. The volume control seems to work by RF instead of IR on some, but not others. That is why I have so many different brand TVs, but sometimes that doesn't matter. But yeah, Sundays are calmer. And surprisingly I don't get buffering with the YouTube feed. I do have ethernet cables going 4 TVs so only 2 are pulling off the wifi. I'll get a new picture Saturday. I didn't take one yesterday.

I watch 8 at once on the direct tv football channel. It's all right there.

Back