How many games should Carlos Quentin be suspended?

KowboyKarl

Live. Breathe. Blue.
Mattingly said last night he shouldn't be able to return until Greinke can pitch in a game again...and although I certainly agree, no way I see that happening.

So...

A) How many games should Quentin be suspended?

And...

B) How many games do you predict MLB will actually suspend Quentin?

I'd still love to know more about what happened. There's more there than meets the eye. After hitting him, Quentin wasn't going to charge the mound and Greinke started mouthing off which provoked Quentin. There is history there. That's the 3rd time Greinke has nailed Quentin, more than any other player he has hit in MLB and he also has thrown one at his head previously that didn't hit him.

Quentin should try not leaning into the pitch if he's gonna get bent about getting hit.

And Greinke made a face, mighta said "fuck" or something, but there wasn't exactly time for any dialogue. Quentin is a cunt.

I think he gets 5-6 games. All I gotta say is history or no history I seriously doubt zack was trying to plunk him there. It's a 1 run game late and its a 3-2 count. If I'm a pitcher and a batter steps three steps toward the mound you best believe I'm going to tell him to come at me or shut the fuck up. Quentin was trying to bitch him out and he got called on it and then he charged.

Either way its very fucking unfortunate for the Dodgers.

3rd time Greinke has hit him. If any pitcher hits me 3 times, I'm certainly thinking he is doing it intentionally. I would have done the same thing as Quentin.

I say he deserves 3 games and gets 5.

Maybe Greinke should hit the weightroom before he starts throwing at people. Dude has a body of a weasel.

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of guys that Greinke has hit twice though, GH. So, if you think about it, that's the group that Quentin was in until last night. Also, Quentin made zero effort to get out of the way. In fact, he actually leaned into it once he saw it headed his way. I watched the game live and the press conferences after. Quentin's actions were totally uncalled for.

Quentin should try not leaning into the pitch if he's gonna get bent about getting hit.

And Greinke made a face, mighta said "fuck" or something, but there wasn't exactly time for any dialogue. Quentin is a cunt.

Exactly...the dude gets hit more than anyone else in baseball for a reason. It's part of his game... If you've seen Moneyball, "we want guys that get on base, we don't care how they get on base".

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of guys that Greinke has hit twice though, GH. So, if you think about it, that's the group that Quentin was in until last night. Also, Quentin made zero effort to get out of the way. In fact, he actually leaned into it once he saw it headed his way. I watched the game live and the press conferences after. Quentin's actions were totally uncalled for.

3 HBP's in 30 at-bats and one pitch at his head is out of the norm....that's way out of the norm.....I am just saying there is something here between these two guys...I don't think he was provoked solely b/c he got hit in a one run game...the guy has been hit more than any player in MLB in recent years and he hasn't charged the mound so there is something else here that caused it.

There's definitely history, GH...but Greinke hadnt hit Quentin since 2009 (Royals/White Sox) and the HP ump had to restrain Quentin from charging then.

“@RailRidersTT: The last time Zack Grienke hit Carlos Quentin with a pitch? April 8, 2009. More than four years ago. Faced each other 19 times in between.”

Let me reiterate, Carlos Quentin is a fucking cunt. I hope he takes it in the skull next time

Let me reiterate, Carlos Quentin is a fucking cunt. I hope he takes it in the skull next time

Agreed. I mean just take a look at the situation. Tight fucking game, late, on a 3-2 count? Quentin did not make the least bit of an effort to get out of the way. Shitty luck for Zack and for the Dodgers no doubt. The guy gets hit more than anyone in the majors for a reason. He leans over the plate and he never gets out of the way. Why fucking now does he decide to go after a pitcher? Fuck that.

Oh, how I wish Becket let Matt Kemp go. Kemp looked like he wanted to get him some, with good reason.

Did I read somewhere that Kemp had to be restrained from going after Quentin in the parking lot or something like that???

Yup they met after the game and were nose to nose before being broken up. Kemp was sent over the edge when he heard about the broken collar bone.

If nothing else, this should really give Dodgers/Padres series' some new life for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
3rd time Greinke has hit him. If any pitcher hits me 3 times, I'm certainly thinking he is doing it intentionally. I would have done the same thing as Quentin.

Maybe Greinke should hit the weightroom before he starts throwing at people. Dude has a body of a weasel.

dude quentin leans over the plate every at bat. he gets hit as much as anyone in MLB

If Quentin plays tonight though, then I assume MLB gives him at least a 5 game suspension sometime over the weekend and he'll miss that entire series (which would be smart of MLB to make sure happens).

dude quentin leans over the plate every at bat. he gets hit as much as anyone in MLB

Dude if he leans over the plate isn't that a strike? Blame the umpire then for missing the call. Greinke got what was coming to him. Little boy tried to act tough. Little boy is now little bitch with broken collar bone.

Quentin may be a cunt..but..

Greinke is the pussy with a broken collar bone. Maybe LA should make him take boxing lessons before he comes back.

You realize the sport in reference is baseball and not MMA and its actually against the rules to charge the mound?

So now on top of long toss in the off season they need to rent a octagon to train for if some roidhead charges?

Come on man.....

Greinke is a fucking idiot

First of all, if he doesnt say anything to Quentin nothing happens

Secondly, you see a guy whos got 50 pounds on you charging you and you decide to dip your shoulder into him??

What in the fuck did he think was gonna happen??? Thats a special kind of stupid.

Thirdly, Carlos Quentin would kill Matt Kemp.

Greinke is a fucking idiot

First of all, if he doesnt say anything to Quentin nothing happens

Secondly, you see a guy whos got 50 pounds on you charging you and you decide to dip your shoulder into him??

What in the fuck did he think was gonna happen??? Thats a special kind of stupid.

Thirdly, Carlos Quentin would kill Matt Kemp.

Sorry bro you are way off here. So if I'm a pitcher I'm supposed to let Quentin lean way over the plate and take one on his body armor AND take three steps towards me with his bat without saying a word? Fuck that. If I'm Greinke I tell the piece of shit to take his base and shut the fuck up. If Quentin takes his base, just like he has done more than any player in baseball in the past several years, the situation never happens.

Greinke lowered his left shoulder to keep his pitching arm out of the mess, unfortunately it backfired.

Kemp would not get killed by Quentin. He has Kemp by a whole 10 lbs. Gimme the younger stronger guy any day.

Lastly I agree about AJ Ellis. He has got to be on top of the guy as soon as he takes one step towards the mound. He fucked up big time.

Finally...where in the hell was the catcher?!?!

You gotta step in front there....

Why in the hell would the catcher think that he would charge then mound when it was obvious he wasn't being thrown at.

With the salaries being paid these days this is gonna be the cause of some changes in the game, like an NBA rule were nobody can leave the dugout or bullpen.

Greinke may be back in 2-3 months but that doesn't mean he will be the same. It took 2 years for Bill Lee to regain full strength after the Craig Nettles cheap shot.

hahaha

Sorry bro you are way off here. So if I'm a pitcher I'm supposed to let Quentin lean way over the plate and take one on his body armor AND take three steps towards me with his bat without saying a word? Fuck that. If I'm Greinke I tell the piece of shit to take his base and shut the fuck up. If Quentin takes his base, just like he has done more than any player in baseball in the past several years, the situation never happens.

Greinke lowered his left shoulder to keep his pitching arm out of the mess, unfortunately it backfired.

Kemp would not get killed by Quentin. He has Kemp by a whole 10 lbs. Gimme the younger stronger guy any day.

Lastly I agree about AJ Ellis. He has got to be on top of the guy as soon as he takes one step towards the mound. He fucked up big time.

Quentin is mentally unstable. Do some research on the guy. He would destroy Kemp

Why in the hell would the catcher think that he would charge then mound when it was obvious he wasn't being thrown at.

With the salaries being paid these days this is gonna be the cause of some changes in the game, like an NBA rule were nobody can leave the dugout or bullpen.

Greinke may be back in 2-3 months but that doesn't mean he will be the same. It took 2 years for Bill Lee to regain full strength after the Craig Nettles cheap shot.

I dunno...maybe because hes standing in front of the plate staring down the pitcher who was then dumb enough to provoke him further by yelling at him??

A good catcher woulda been between em before Greinke even opened his dumbass mouth

No it makes him slightly crazy and you dont fight slightly crazy people

especially ones that are bigger than you and angrier than you are

You realize the sport in reference is baseball and not MMA and its actually against the rules to charge the mound?

So now on top of long toss in the off season they need to rent a octagon to train for if some roidhead charges?

Come on man.....

If Greinke wants to act like a tough guy..he has to be ready to throw down. You don't hit a guy for a 3rd time, say something stupid, and then expect the guy just to trot down to 1st.

Greinke got exactly what he deserved.

Quentin may be a cunt..but..

Greinke is the pussy with a broken collar bone. Maybe LA should make him take boxing lessons before he comes back.

I guess the only consolation Greinke has is instead of playing for a glorified AAA squad with a trash fan base he plays for the dodgers.

If Greinke wants to act like a tough guy..he has to be ready to throw down. You don't hit a guy for a 3rd time, say something stupid, and then expect the guy just to trot down to 1st.

Greinke got exactly what he deserved.

I agree with this, but also agree that Quentin's style at the plate leads to him getting plunked more than anyone in MLB nowadays. The thing is, Grienke dropped his glove and was waiting for Quentin, so it's not like he's completely blameless and he certainly knew what was coming at him.

Most of the time a baseball fight is nothing more than a glorified shouting/tie a man up fest. Sure there have been a few good fights (Nolan vs Ventura), but for the most part when someone charges the mound injuries like Greinke's do not happen. Can't punish Quentin anymore in this situation just because someone got hurt and will miss 2 months.

If Greinke didn't break his collarbone would anyone be clamoring for Quentin to be suspended for a great deal of time? You don't punish the result of the fight/charge, you punish the fight/charge.

I guess the only consolation Greinke has is instead of playing for a glorified AAA squad with a trash fan base he plays for the dodgers.

Well..technically..Greinke is playing for no one right now. The little boy is home resting for the next couple of months. And I don't understand why you would trash the San Diego fan base..I've been to a couple games..seems like a clean group with some hot chicks for the most part.

And you make it sound like the LA Dodgers have a nice classy fan base. They show the crowd during games and I can't tell if I am watching Lockdown: Latin Kings....or a history channel doc. about the Hells Angels.

I see this being a much bigger deal then most people. MLB will suspend him for double digits
personally suspend him at least 5 games

Back