How ESPN Handicappers did--Week 8

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Everyone making college picks lost, led by Bear going 1-4 on picks, 0-3 on Bank Picks.

Colin recovered from a 1-4 on his Blazing Five last week, going 3-2 this week.

The BearWeek 8 (1-4) Season (17-20-1)
Bank Picks—Week 8 (0-3) Season (13-10-1) (8-4 the last three weeks)
Baylor at Oklahoma St – Oklahoma St (-3.5) lose
Florida at South Carolina – South Carolina (+5.5) lose
LSU at Mississippi St – Mississippi St (+19) lose
Texas A&M at Mississippi – Mississippi (+6.5) lose
Boise St at BYU – BYU (+6.5) win
Bank Picks

Charlotte at WKU – Charlotte (+9.5) lose
LSU at Mississippi St – Mississippi St (+18.5) lose
Baylor at Oklahoma St – Oklahoma St (-4) lose

Stanford Steve— Week 8 (2-3) Season (18-17-1), Best Bet (3-4-1
)
Southern Miss at Louisiana Tech – Over (57) win
Michigan at Penn St – Penn St (-8.5) lose
South Florida at Navy – Navy (-14) win
Rice at UT San Antonio – Rice (-4) lose
Clemson at Louisville – Over (60.5) lose
Houston at UConn--Houston/UConn over 57x (Best Bet) lose

Scott Van Pelt— Week 8 (3-6) Season (31-30)

Ohio St at Northwestern – Northwestern (+27.5) lose
Arizona St at Utah – Utah (-13.5) win
Florida at South Carolina – South Carolina (+5) lose
Kentucky at Georgia – Kentucky (+25) win
LSU at Mississippi St – Mississippi St (+17.5) lose
Texas A&M at Mississippi – Mississippi (+6.5) lose
West Virginia at Oklahoma – Oklahoma (-33.5) win
Auburn at Arkansas – Arkansas (+19.5) lose
Iowa St at Texas Tech – Texas Tech (+7) lose

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3-- Week 8 (1-2) Season (8-12-1)

Florida -5 win
Washington +3 lose
Penn State -9 lose

Blazing Five—Week 7 (3-2) Season (22-12-1)

LA Rams at Atlanta – LA Rams (-2.5) win
Houston at Indianapolis – Indianapolis (-1) win
Arizona at NY Giants – NY Giants (-3) lose
Baltimore at Seattle – Baltimore (+3) win
Philadelphia at Dallas – Philadelphia (+2.5) lose

Max Meyers— Week 8 (2-3) Season (23-13) Parlays (1-0)

Oregon State at California: Oregon State +11 win
Baylor at Oklahoma State: Oklahoma State -4 lose
Oregon at No. 25 Washington: Washington +3 lose
Arizona State at No. 13 Utah: Arizona State +14 lose
Kansas at No. 15 Texas: Kansas +21.5 win

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 7 (1-1) Season (9-4-1)

Baltimore at Seattle – Baltimore (+3.5) win
New Orleans at Chicago – Chicago (-3) lose
(those two are the ones he released, the next one he gave on some media appearance)
LA Rams at Atlanta – LA Rams (-3) win (not counting in season total)

My Picks— Week 8 (2-4) Season (22-18) (+13.8 units)
Multi-Unit bets (3-2), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (1-3)

Oklahoma State -3 (x3) lose
Kansas State +3x win
Clemson/Ville o 60x La Tech/S Miss o 57 (2-team parlay) lose
Washington +3 lose
Texas Tech +8 lose
Penn State -7x lose
Utah State -21 win

Now I know I'm over the hill. I gave 21 points in a high altitude game without checking the weather. Turned on the game and they were having an ice/snow storm.

Bad for any handicapper, but I live in the mountains and know winter is already here and I still forgot.

I lucked out and won the game, but it's still the kind of blunder a college sophomore makes

Was glad bears hot streak came to a end cause I was against most his plays, made me little uneasy hot as he was but I always do me at end of day even when I respect others opinions!

Unfortunately NFL was another nightmare for me. I’m bout to start fading myself this year!! Lol

It is a shame when Cowherd is the one holding the mantle. I know he usually is positive at the end of each week, but overall, I think he is an asshat.

It is a shame when Cowherd is the one holding the mantle. I know he usually is positive at the end of each week, but overall, I think he is an asshat.

Back in his early espn days I was really a fan. He was one the few ppl on that actually had some perspective and didn’t overreact to everything. Generally agreed w lot his opinions. Now he just another way too full of himself blowhard. Success changed that Mfer for the way worse. Lol.

He has pretty much always been solid with his blazing 5 tho. He has connections w lot of ppl in Vegas and lot of guys around the league, seems to take it pretty serious and I believe he actually gambles, so he much more like us giving out our plays which I appreciate!!

Agree on that, 2daBank. He takes those pro picks seriously and has a lot of inside information.

I try and listen to Cowherd when I can and I think he's the best at what he does, but I understand how he rubs people the wrong way.

And the change in his personality since he moved to LA is absolutely classic. It happens to everyone who moves to California and has the income to enjoy the good life, and it's comical to watch.

His whole attitude has changed. I recognize it. Same thing happened to me. It happens to everyone, and it is all ramped up even more when the place you move to is LA.

You suddenly are making much more money than you ever made and hanging out in great places and the weather is perfect and you're living on the beach and there is staggering wealth everywhere you look and you are surrounded by more beautiful women in one day than you see in a lifetime in the place you came from (especially where he came from).

You start thinking it's you that is special and it takes a few years before you come back to reality.

It's so common they make movies about it and Bob Seger wrote one of his greatest songs--Hollywood Nights--about it.

Last edited:
Back