How ESPN Handicappers did--Week 3

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Stanford Steve got back on course with a 4-1 and is in his usual position of leading the pack. Everyone but SVP had a winning week, although only Stanford Steve is in the black for the season.

Cowherd just keeps hammering the number on NFL picks. I don't know of another public picker who does as well as he does week after week on the NFL.

I don't see any games this week that jump off the page at me like Kansas State and UCF did last week, so have no early picks

The BearWeek 3 (3-2) Season (4-10)
Bank Picks—Week 3 (2-1) Season (4-5)

Arizona St at Michigan St – Michigan St (-13.5) lose
Hawaii at Washington – Washington (-20.5) win (bank pick)
Maryland at Temple – Temple (+7.5) win
Pittsburgh at Penn St – Penn St (-17) lose
Iowa at Iowa St – Iowa St (+2.5) win (bank pick)
(E Michigan, bank pick, win)

Stanford Steve—Week 3 (4-0-1) Season (8-4-1)
Best Bet (2-0-1
)
Massachusetts at Charlotte – Charlotte (-19) win
Kansas St at Mississippi St – Kansas St (+7.5) win
Maryland at Temple – Temple (+7.5) win
Stanford at UCF – UCF (-7) win
Florida St at Virginia – Virginia (-7) Best Bet tie

Phil Steele--Week 3 (3-2) Season (6-10)

Buffalo -5x lose
Hawaii +22 lose
Temple +7 win
UNLV +17x win
FIU -10 win

Scott Van Pelt—Week 3 (3-5) Season (10-10)

Air Force at Colorado – Air Force (+3.5) win
Duke at MTSU – MTSU (+6.5) lose
NC State at W Virginia – W Virginia (+6.5) win
Oklahoma at UCLA – UCLA (+23.5) lose
Oklahoma St at Tulsa – Tulsa (+14) lose
Stanford at UCF – Stanford (+8.5) lose
Ohio St at Indiana – Indiana (+18) lose
USC at BYU – BYU (+4) win

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3--Week 3 (1-1-1) Season (3-5-1)

Michigan State -14 lose
Iowa State +2x win
Florida -8 tie

Blazing Five—Week 2 (4-1) Season (7-3)

Buffalo at NY Giants – Buffalo (-2) win
Seattle at Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh (-3.5) lose
Chicago at Denver – Denver (+2.5) win
New Orleans at LA Rams – LA Rams (-2.5) win
Philadelphia at Atlanta – Atlanta (+2) win

My Picks—Week 3 (4-1) Season (12-3) (+21.8 units)
Multi-Unit bets (6-0), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (0-0)

Kansas St +8x (x3) win
Kansas St +7x (x3) win
UCF -7 win
Michigan State ML lose
UCF ML (x3) win

They were all definitely dialed in on Temple. Surprised SVP didn't go Maryland just to be contrarian. Glad you stayed away Tahoe, unfortunately I had Terps in that one, fading consensus sharp action not the wisest.

You live in Tahoe? I just visited Lake Tahoe this summer. Most beautiful place I've ever been.

Yeah, I live on the north shore at Tahoe City. Fall is one of the most beautiful times at the lake. Next time you watch Godfather II notice how beautiful it is in the opening scenes where Michael Corleone is throwing the big outdoor party. Coppola shot it up here in the fall.

Seasons change fast up here and we just had our first snow this week. Still nice and warm, just nature's warning to buy our firewood now.

It's almost totally deserted now and it comes as a sudden shock every Labor Day. There are people everywhere all summer, crowds at every store, crowds at the restaurants, traffic jams on the one road around the lake, and then the day after Labor Day I drive into town and it's deserted. A lot of stores close down until ski season and all the employees who worked long hours all summer take off on vacation. I'm used to it now, but the first few years I felt like I was in a sci-fi movie where all the people disappear.

Where did you stay when you visited?

Ha Ha Your plays were all on my card.
I think you should have been perfect. MSU should have won.
You agree with that ?

Agree. Mich St should have won, but Herm Edwards outcoached Dantonio so badly at the end Az State won a game they should never have won. Edwards and the Sun Devils impressed me.

I'm looking at strong lean to Utah, slight lean to Georgia, Washington State--although I hate to give points and really hate giving points on the road--Colorado, Louisville, Auburn, Wyoming, BYU, maybe Michigan and SD State.

Something tells me there is a good bet on the Texas/Ok State game, but I can't figure out what it is. maybe I'll take the over just on general principles.

Last edited:
Back