How ESPN Handicappers did--Week 12

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Bear and Steve were both in the red. Max Meyer went only 1-3, but still has the best season average. Colin is still rolling with his NFL picks. Steve is having the worst year ever on his Best Bets.

The BearWeek 12 (2-3) Season (24-30-1)
Bank Picks—Week 12 (1-2) Season (20-15-1)
Week 13 (0-0)

Buffalo at Kent – Kent (+6) win
Oklahoma at Baylor – Baylor (+10.5) win
USC at California – California (+6) lose
Florida at Missouri – Missouri (+7) lose
Kentucky at Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt (+10) lose
Bank Picks:

Tulane lose
Missouri lose
S Florida win

Stanford Steve— Week 12 (4-2) Season (32-25-1), Best Bet (4-6
)
Week 13 (0-0)
Louisiana Tech at Marshall – Marshall (-2.5) win
Oklahoma at Baylor – Baylor (+10.5) win
Kansas at Oklahoma St – Over (65.5) lose
Louisville at NC State – Louisville (-4) Best Bet win
Massachusetts at Northwestern – Over (56.5) lose
Tulane at Temple – Temple (+5) win

Scott Van Pelt— Week 12 (2-3) Season (42-48)
Week 13 (0-0)

Georgia at Auburn – Auburn (+2.5) lose
Oklahoma at Baylor – Baylor (+11) win
USC at California – California (+6) lose
Florida at Missouri – Missouri (+6.5) lose
Minnesota at Iowa – Iowa (-3) win

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3-- Week 12 (2-1) Season (11-21-1)
Week 13 (0-0)

Georgia at Auburn – Georgia (-2.5) win
Minnesota at Iowa – Iowa (-3) win
Michigan St at Michigan – Michigan St (+13.5) lose

Blazing Five—Week 11 (2-3) Season (26-23-1)
Week 12 (0-0)

Texans lose
Broncos win
Jets win
Cardinals tie
Chiefs win

Max Meyer— Week 12 (1-3) Season (27-19) Parlays (1-0)
Week 13 (0-0)

Navy +7.5 lose
Cal +6.5 lose
Missouri +7 lose
Ole Miss +21.5 win

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 11 (no picks) Season (12-5-1)
Week 12 (0-0)

My Picks—Week 12 (6-2) Season (36-29) (+22.50 units)
Multi-Unit bets (6-3), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (2-4)
Week 13 (0-0)

Michigan -13x win
Michigan -13 x2 win
Baylor +10x win
Ole Miss +21x win
Georgia -2x win
Georgia -3 x3 win
Cal +6x lose
(Parlay) Clem/WF o 59x—???? (lost before I named 2nd team) lose

Lean to Wyoming, Texas, Clemson over, aTm, and will probably add units to several of the above once I’m sure of the weather and injuries

Last edited:
Why you have ville -4 as a loss for Steve’s best bet? They covered easily. Think should be 4-2 last week w best bet hitting not 3-3 unless im mistaken and he wasn’t on ville -4?

Is it just me or have Steve’s totals been awful? I know this cause I’ve been on a lot of the same!!! Lol. Wonder what his record is if we eliminate the totals? Not only have basically all the ones me and him lined up been losses but feels like most the ones I recall not being on of his been losses as well.

Thanks, 2daBank. Not sure why I got my wires crossed on Louisville, but I had it in my mind they didn't cover. Corrected all the numbers for Stanford Steve

Thanks, 2daBank. Not sure why I got my wires crossed on Louisville, but I had it in my mind they didn't cover. Corrected all the numbers for Stanford Steve

No problem. I actually had to go back and check but I was on them and was pretty sure I cashed! I had pulled a all nighter Friday tho and was kinda out of it by time they played, thought maybe I was off my rocker. Lol

van pelt auburn was a loss

I always wondered if van pelt bet these? This wasn’t a horrible play or anything but for most part his card is nothing but being the hugest contrarian on the planet! I’m all for going against the grain but I have to be able to justify them in some way other than that. I just couldn’t stomach playing one his full cards! Lol.

He strikes me as absolutely being a gambler, he one of few ppl left at espn I really like, but man just imagine how you would feel after betting and looking at a card like his usually littered w some the worst teams in country! lol

So I listened to the bear and steve podcast today and unless I was so incredibly preoccupied with other stuff there were no picks and no recap at the end of the show. I did catch the steamer condo pick that you can bet your condo on...it was VT.

Sad that a previously great podcast has now been ruined.

So I listened to the bear and steve podcast today and unless I was so incredibly preoccupied with other stuff there were no picks and no recap at the end of the show. I did catch the steamer condo pick that you can bet your condo on...it was VT.

Sad that a previously great podcast has now been ruined.
Listened at the gym this morning and came away with the same feeling. I don’t recall any picks. Some discussion, but nothing concrete.

Back