How ESPN Handicappers did, Week 11

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Bear had the best week, but is still below .500 on the season. Steve is still above .500 for the season, but is slumping on his Best Bet. Colin is getting killed on college picks, slowly sinking on his Blazing Five

The BearWeek 11 (3-1) Season (22-27-1)
Bank Picks—Week 11 (2-1) Season (19-13-1)
Week 12 (0-0)

LSU at Alabama – Under (65) lose
Baylor at TCU – Baylor (-2) win
Washington St at California – California (+7.5) win
UAB at Southern Miss – Southern Miss (-4.5) win
Bank Picks:

Michigan State lose
Minnesota win
Georgia Tech win

Stanford Steve— Week 11 (4-4) Season (28-26-1), Best Bet (3-6
)
Week 12 (0-0)
LSU at Alabama – Under (65) lose
Massachusetts at Army – Army (-34.5) win
Baylor at TCU – Baylor (-2) win
Iowa at Wisconsin – Wisconsin (-9.5) lose
Tennessee at Kentucky – Kentucky (0) Best Bet lose
Louisville at Miami FL – Louisville (+6.5) lose
Penn St at Minnesota – Minnesota (+7.5) win
Clemson at NC State – Over (53.5) win

Scott Van Pelt— Week 11 (3-6) Season (40-45)
Week 12 (0-0)

Baylor at TCU – TCU (+2.5) lose
Connecticut at Cincinnati – Connecticut (+35) lose
Notre Dame at Duke – Duke (+8) lose
Missouri at Georgia – Missouri (+16.5) lose
Iowa at Wisconsin – Wisconsin (-9.5) lose
Tennessee at Kentucky – Kentucky (-1) lose
Penn St at Minnesota – Minnesota (+6.5) win
Wake Forest at Virginia Tech – Virginia Tech (+2) win
Iowa St at Oklahoma – Iowa St (+14.5) win

Colin Cowherd Marquee 3--Week 11 (0-3) Season (9-20-1)
Week 12 (0-0)

PSU -7 lose
Texas -7 lose
Bama -6.5 lose

Blazing Five—Week 10 (2-3) Season (26-23-1)
Week 10 (0-0)

Carolina at Green Bay – Carolina (+4.5) lose
NY Giants at NY Jets – NY Jets (+3) win
Arizona at Tampa Bay – Arizona (+5) win
LA Rams at Pittsburgh – LA Rams (-4) lose
Seattle at San Francisco – San Francisco (-6.5) lose

Max Meyer— Week 11 (no picks) Season (24-14) Parlays (1-0)
Week 12 (0-0)

RJ BellBest Bet of the Week— Week 10 (no picks) Season (12-5-1)
Week 11 (0-0)

My Picks—Week 11 (5-2) Season (30-27) (+13.7 units)
Multi-Unit bets (4-3), Max Bets (1-0) Parlays (2-3)
Week 12 (0-0)

La Tech -4x x3 win
BC -2x lose
Baylor -2x win
Kansas State +7 win
Louisville +7 lose
Clemson/NC St o 53x win
Parlay-LSU/Clemson/NC State over win
Lean to some late games, Iowa State (not sure why I keep risking good money on my assessment of the Big 12 when I’ve been off on it all year), Virginia, N Dame.

They showed Joey Galloway reacting to his lucky Over in Wash St - Cal. I still don't think he understands that Cal D is good and that Wash St has struggled offensively vs them the last 2 years. Kinda wish he would've lost that one just because he should've known better. But he got lucky.

Pure luck on that cover all right. Wish I had seen his response. Galloway went 2-0, Palmer 0-2. I don't think either of them are handicappers, but I think they are trying to make the best picks they can because they know their record is going to be shown.

Ex players are the worst handicappers. They spend the first two or three years losing their ass because they think handicapping is just deciding which team is better.

I think SVP IS a handicapper and is trying with his picks. He does it in a lighthearted way which adds the entertainment value, but he pays way too much attention to lines and results ATS not to be a bettor.

The surprise to me is that Colin is doing so badly on his college picks. I know he's a handicapper and I know he bets on games. He has done very well on the NFL over the years so it surprises me he is only 31% on college picks. He couldn't do that badly if he tried. No one could do that badly.

Pure luck on that cover all right. Wish I had seen his response. Galloway went 2-0, Palmer 0-2. I don't think either of them are handicappers, but I think they are trying to make the best picks they can because they know their record is going to be shown.

Ex players are the worst handicappers. They spend the first two or three years losing their ass because they think handicapping is just deciding which team is better.

I think SVP IS a handicapper and is trying with his picks. He does it in a lighthearted way which adds the entertainment value, but he pays way too much attention to lines and results ATS not to be a bettor.

The surprise to me is that Colin is doing so badly on his college picks. I know he's a handicapper and I know he bets on games. He has done very well on the NFL over the years so it surprises me he is only 31% on college picks. He couldn't do that badly if he tried. No one could do that badly.
Oh 31% can happen lol...

Cowherd is immersed in the pro game but not as much on the college front. If I had to put a % on it, I'd say it's 80% / 20%. Just a random observation and whether that directly translates into such capping performance, who knows. His college picks all just seem like gut picks. He seems to provide good (better) substance behind his pro plays.

My $0.02. Worthless, most likely.

Those fukks and few others I respect sold me on uk. Certainly not blaming anyone but myself I’m a grown man and make my own choices but I did totally do a 180 thanks to others opinions seeming stronger than mine on that one! Lol.

In fairness they prob should have won but that 1st time I’ve seen much of them and Jesus that qb sucks at playing qb. He seems to be a fine running back. Lol.

Cowherd is immersed in the pro game but not as much on the college front. If I had to put a % on it, I'd say it's 80% / 20%. Just a random observation and whether that directly translates into such capping performance, who knows. His college picks all just seem like gut picks. He seems to provide good (better) substance behind his pro plays.

I agree but it strange cause when he talks he sounds to be really into the college. He is terrible tho! I’m sure it doesn’t help his cause he always attempting to play 3 of the highest profile games, not a easy thing to do. I tailed him a few times at beginning mainly cause they were a game I was interested in watching but didn’t have a strong opinion on them. Obviously my own fault but figured out really quickly his opinion on them isn’t worth a fukk, lol.

Feels like what he says when it comes to CFB is often non-sense - indicative of someone who thinks who knows alot about it but in reality doesn't. Not denying that he really likes CFB but his focus and knowledge base is on the NFL and very much on the periphery with CFB. On the latter he'll often just make statements and you'll be like "WTF?".

And, yes, playing the "marquee" games doesn't help. But it's indicative of him just paying attention to the big games of the week, not really doing his homework there, and not paying attention to the rest of the CFB landscape where the gems may lie.

Agree with Colin's CFB. The fact that he will only pick a game that's on national TV further shows he's not going to do well in CFB.

Back