How ESPN handicappers did, Week 1

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Worst week for the ESPN boys since I started posting their picks. Bear lost them all and none of them were even .500.

Colin Cowherd is with Fox now, but I'm going to still lump him with the ESPN guys. He'll have his first picks this week. Looked it up and Stanford Steve was #1 last year with Cowherd second.

The Bear (Week 1, 0-5) (-5.5 units)
Utah at BYU – BYU (+6.5) lose
Utah St at Wake Forest – Wake Forest (-3.5) lose
E Mich at Coastal Car – C Caro (+6.5) lose
Ga Southern at LSU – Ga Southern (+27.5) lose
Syracuse at Liberty – Liberty (+18) lose

Stanford Steve
(Week 1, 2-3, Best Bet 1-0) (-1.3 units)
Utah St at Wake Forest – Wake Forest (-3.5) lose
Virginia Tech at Boston College – BC (+5) Best Bet win
Toledo at Kentucky – Under (61.5) lose
Northwestern at Stanford – Northwestern (+6.5) lose
FL Atlantic at Ohio St – Over (63.5) win

Phil Steele (Week 1, 1-4) (-3.4 units)

Toledo at Kentucky – Toledo (+12) lose
Mississippi St vs ULL – ULL (+20) win
MTSU at Michigan – Michigan (-34) lose
N Mex St at Wash St – N Mex St (+31.5) lose
Boise St at Florida St – Florida St (-4.5) lose

Scott Van Pelt (Week 1: 2-3) (-3.4 units)

(His all-time record on picks on ESPN is 217-197-8, 52.6%)
Nevada +11 win
Liberty +18 lose
Georgia Southern +27x lose
Ole Miss +5x win
E Carolina +17 lose

My Picks (Week 1, 4-1) (+4.9 units)

Cincinnati -2x (given up on Chip Kelly) win
Clemson/GT over win
Nevada/Purdue over 58 win
Fla State -4x lose
BC +4x (2x)win

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for tracking this. (And nice week on your end.)

Cowherd is now doing college picks as well. 3 per week. Last week he was on Auburn, Northwestern and USC.

Awesome job Tahoe. You have been steady Eddie in this forum for awhile. You sure you're not Bloodhound reincarnated? Lol

That NW game fucked a lot of ppl (including myself) certainly was the right side, result just sucked a fat one! Lol

I keep seeing that NW was the right side on all the forums. I watched the whole game and respectfully disagree. The way NW backers lost was nothing short of disgusting but Stanford was by far the better team all game. I thought my eyes maybe deceived me but the box score backs up what the eyes said. Stanford plus 6 fd's, stanford plus 155 yards, nw with just 210 the whole game. shrug. Low scoring game where pts were valuable .. I get it ... but ... I don't think NW was the right side. Doesn't mean I am not wrong but that is my opinion.

I really just meant from the standpoint they should have covered not that they were really some great bet. I don’t disagree w you. They were awful and Game was hard to watch, hell they damn near fukked up on the td they did score.

Back