How ESPN Handicappers did in Week 8

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Stanford Steve remains the hottest handicapper in the country, going 4-1 again and is now one game below 75% for the year (29-10) and 5-1 on his best bets. Phil Steele is amost as hot, went 6-2, is now at 69% for the year, and won his Upset of the Week for the fourth straight week. Those two are killing it week after week. And their wins are coming home with ease, most of them settled by the end of the third quarter.

Bear was his usual self, taking Tulsa and Oregon State, neither of which has won a game this year against an FBS team, lost both, went 4-4 and is 26-23 on the season.

Colin went 4-1 on his Blazing Five and is 21-13 on the season, just above 60%.

I went 9-4, lost my first multi-unit bet of the season making me 13-1 on big bets. I'm only 43-27 on the season, but having one of my best years as far as winning money, up 52.5 units. I may stop handicapping and just steal Stanford Steve's picks the rest of the season.

WEEK 8 PICKS

Chris Fallica Last Season 32-34-2) Week 8 (4-4) Season (26-23-1) (* Bank Picks on Gameday—Week 8 (3-0) Season: (11-11)
Stanford at Arizona St. – Arizona St. (+2.5) Lose
Cincinnati at Temple – Temple (-3) Win*
Tulsa at Arkansas – Tulsa (+7) Lose
California at Oregon St. – Oregon St. (+7) Lose
Ohio St. at Purdue – Purdue (+13.5) Win*
Nevada at Hawaii – Nevada (+3) Win
Mississippi St. at LSU – Mississippi St. (+6.5) Lose
Clemson at N C State—Clemson ( -17.5) Win * (Bank Pick only)

Stanford Steve Last Season 32-27-1) Week 8 (4-1) Season (29-10) Best Pick, Season record (5-1)
Cincinnati at Temple – Temple (-3) Win (Best Bet)*
UCF at East Carolina – Over (66) Lose
Auburn at Ole Miss – Auburn (-3.5) Win
Minnesota at Nebraska – Nebraska (-3.5) Win
Minnesota at Nebraska – Over (56) Win

Phil Season Week 8 (6-2) Season (30-14)
Memphis at Missouri – Missouri (-9.5) Win
North Carolina at Syracuse – North Carolina (+9) Win
Cincinnati at Temple – Temple (-3) Win
Auburn at Ole Miss – Auburn (-3) Win
Michigan at Michigan St. – Michigan (-7) Win
Oregon at Washington St. – Oregon (+3) Lose
NC State at Clemson – Clemson (-17.5) Win (Upset of week)
Southern California at Utah – Southern California (+6.5) Lose

Scott Van Pelt Week 8 (4-5) Season (33-28-1)
Miami Oh +8 Win
Purdue +13 Win
TCU +8 Lose
Miss State +6x Lose
Memphis +9x Lose
Marshall +3 Win
Tulsa +7 Lose
Temple -3 Win
Oregon State +7x Lose

Colin Blazing Five Week 7 (4-1) Season (21-13-1)
Panthers +4x Win
Colts -7x Win
Ravens -2x Lose
Skins -1x Win
Giants +5x Win

My Picks Last Season 50-34-2) Week 8 (9-4) (Season 43-27-2)
Multi-unit picks (12-1) Max Picks (1-0) (+52.5 units)
(Weekly Pro pick—one unit)
New Orleans at Baltimore—Baltimore -2x Lose (I hate kickers)
(Two units)
USC at Utah—Utah -6 Win
(One Unit each on side and total, one unit on both picks in two-team parlay) Win Win
Georgia St at Arkansas State—Arkansas State -13 Win
Georgia St at Arkansas State—Over 56 Win
(One Unit)
Stanford at Arizona State—Arizona State +2x Lose (Can’t believer Stanford is 126 in rushing. Hope they don’t figure it out tonight)
(Rest of picks Friday)
(One unit)
Miss State at LSU—Miss State +6x Lose
Tulsa at Arkansas—Arkansas -7 Win
(Three units)
Buffalo at Miami Ohio—Buffalo -1 Win
(Three units)
Auburn at Ole Miss—Auburn -3 Win
Lean to Army if I can get below 7, may put another unit or two on Buffalo, love those unders on those wind games in the great lakes area, but I’m sticking to my vow to never bet another under the rest of my life.
(Two units)
Miami Ohio at Army—Army -6x Lose
(One unit)
Oregon at Washington State—Washington St -3 Win

Good luck to all the fine pickers on this board,

Sat night I said fuck it and tailed Stanford Steve on his over UCF/ECU play...of course it was the lone loser haha. Serves me right.

i love their podcast. for some reason I always want to tail bear, I think bc of the way he talks about his picks I always get on board, but steve has been the guy to go with and bear has basically been .500 over the last 2 seasons. the podcast is good stuff though, whether you wanna tail or just listen to good CFB banter those guys are really solid.

having said all that, 75% is ridiculous and I almost want to fade because regression just has to be coming!

i love their podcast. for some reason I always want to tail bear, I think bc of the way he talks about his picks I always get on board, but steve has been the guy to go with and bear has basically been .500 over the last 2 seasons. the podcast is good stuff though, whether you wanna tail or just listen to good CFB banter those guys are really solid.

having said all that, 75% is ridiculous and I almost want to fade because regression just has to be coming!

Any other good gambling pods you would recommend, D-Woww? Starting to get into the mix but not sure what's worth the time or not.

Any other good gambling pods you would recommend, D-Woww? Starting to get into the mix but not sure what's worth the time or not.

So I like the ESPN one with Bear and Sanford Steve and a ton from The Action Network...you can just subscribe to all from them. The best is Chad Millman and Scooch, comes out Wednesdays I believe and they go over all NFL lines, who sharps are on, etc.

Agree. I like this pod.

Liked Iowa State, but that line got away from me. Have same concern about both teams—do they have anything left in the tank—but adding a parlay:
(Empty tank parlay, one unit)
Purdue +2
Washington State +3

Back