How does Kevin Garnett do it?

• Thread starter Thread starter scourge
  • Start date Start date
S

scourge

I don't get it. How can he keep playing for the Wolves? What's he thinking? This team is pathetic and he has no help on the floor. Its almost like he's playing 1 on 5 sometimes.

Is he in denial? Why won't he accept that fact that Kevin McKale is one of the worst GMs in the L and get out of minny. I understand loyalty and "keeping it real" but for christ sake enough is enough. Its not going to happen there and things aren't getting any better. This isn't like Malone in Utah, Kevin has no Stockton, he's got no one. He works his ass off and for what? To have his team stocked with has beens, street ballers and headcases?

The man deserves a few more shots at the title and the only way he's going to get it is to be paired with a top ball handler or another superstar component. And I think he needs to go to the East because he'd have a better chance of getting to the finals.

The teams I could see him play for and have an excellent chance at the title:

Lakers
Spurs
Pistons
Phoenix
Chicago

Unless he really doesn't care:down:

You know exactly how he does it because you, like so many of us, saw AI do the same thing in Philly.

I agree with you, though, and I'd be willing to give up about half the team if he could end up in New York.

He's done everything he could for that team. I really believe he's tried to make them a viable organization, but the organization has failed him.

scourge: a ring will equal pride glory etc. hundreds of millions will equal to whatever you can think of.

:D

The wolves are very mismanaged all the way around,,,I dont know how they still sell tickets

KG with the Suns would be awesome. not sure if they can fit the cap but a front line of Amare and KG would be sick.

This has nothing to do with the topic but do you guys ever wonder about injuries?? In the sense that one day Ray Allen might be missing the season and the next he is dropping 38...Steve Francis is talking retirement and then tonite he is scoring 20...

Is it there pain threshold, there inability to play at level benaeath what they are accustomed to..I just dont get how your season could be over one second and the next your dropping 38...

Theres no way he could fit under the cap in Phoenix. In fact, KG's contact won't fit anywhere unless you gut the other team. And what team is going to completely empty out their team for a 30 year old cap killer?

It might work in New York, but even Minny isn't that stupid.

Lakers
Spurs
Pistons
Phoenix
Chicago

In that list, I'd say only Chicago is capable of pulling off a deal.

Is it there pain threshold, there inability to play at level benaeath what they are accustomed to..I just dont get how your season could be over one second and the next your dropping 38...

Well, there are steroids and other assorted pills to help that.

Actually, I'm surprised some of these guys play as long as they do. I realize that they get great medical treatment and that the floors probably have a little more give today than they used to. But the ability to recover the way these guys do in their knees and their back is unreal to me given how much they play and how much they've played over the course of their lives.

Really, when see guys like Bill Walton who has trouble getting around because his knees are so bad it sort of shocks me there aren't more guys like him.

Back