How does Houston Not cover?

6figure

Pretty much a regular
Can anyone side with Det here? Orolovsky has a high ankle sprain and this is a second road game in a row for maybe the worst team in the league. Houston d not great, but can det exploit it? Houston offense has a field day.

Is this a Trap? Thanks..

Laying 25% of the total points projected for the game for this matchup makes sense. Lions just played Minny tough, and now play a 1-4 Houston team who barely won at home vs. Miami. 9 seems logical although like you... I like it.

I guess there are some ways to look at it . Like great point consecutive road games after some personnel moves seems like a tough spot . On the flip maybe Det doesnt look as easy to some because the just covered and hung tough @ Minny .

Kitna didnt play and Dan O didnt do much and should play here anyway .

So my question is what has Roy Williams done performance wise to contribute ? What role did he play in the outcome @ Minnesota ?

5g 17 r 232 yds TD (long of 25 yds)

He had 2r 23 yds and also had 2r 18 yds @ SF .

So while his name has star power what has he contriubted on the field for DET ?

I honestly dont see why his absence really changes much for DET . His production has been nil. Granted the upside or resurgence DET may have enjoyed hypothecially if he became a big contributor again is gone . Would think Mike Furrey can step and do at least what he has done .

So if his name wasnt Roy Williams would you bemoan the loss of a reciever avg 46yds a game with !TD in 5 games and 3 or 3.4 catches a game ?

Maybe that approach will help .

I am not saying back DET but really is a mistake prone team like Houston the type team we want to basically lay 10pts with? Is there that big a difference bewteen Miami and Det ? Execution wise there as Miami does make some plays but talent wise I dont believe so . So is the wide gap in spreads bewteen the two really worth it ? I mean Pennington had 2 TDs to Patrick Cobbs for like 140 yds it wasnt like Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams beat them .

Think with a solid FG kicker its again up to the DET defense here .........

Just an answer to your question dont take it for more the food for the brain... :cheers:

Few things...

There was a noticeable difference with Detroit's defensive scheme last week. They were so vanilla it seemed up intil the Minnesota game. They were actually the ones attacking and whatnot. Its what we expected right from the start this year. Does that continue? I don't know. I would hope so. And yes I understand its Minnesota but its still progress.

As far as the offense goes, I think the package they had for Dan-O last week was pretty basic. That was a good choice especially against a very tough defense. I think its a bit more open this week.

I definelty do not think this is an easy play either way. Its really a game of unknowns as well. Was Roy becoming a cancer? Can Houston step up and take care of business as a big favorite?

GL in what you decide.

think the line looks about right.

my guess would be it's 28-20 houston with 2 minutes left and one last chance for detroit before dan-o drops back to pass and scrambles behind the goal post with the ball to blow the cover

think the line looks about right.

my guess would be it's 28-20 houston with 2 minutes left and one last chance for detroit before dan-o drops back to pass and scrambles behind the goal post with the ball to blow the cover

you got it all wrong... houston is the team that blows the cover... and steals even more of my money

Thanks for your thoughts guys.......I just think if they play this game 10 times houston covers about 7 of them.....but i am definantly a square.....LOL!

Roy William's stats might not be good......but just him being on the field...makes this a much better rec corps IMOP.

i watched teh end of the lions games vs the bears just for roy williams antics on the sidelines after the offense would come off teh field. fucking hilarious. what a baby.

Roy William's stats might not be good......but just him being on the field...makes this a much better rec corps IMOP.

Absolutely . My point was the offense hasnt done much of anything though . So what type of loss is he really ? If the offense was scoring 20+ and losing then I would say its an issue . The most likely way for DET to cover is based on there defense holding Houston to 24 maybe slightily less and expecting 13 to 17 from DET . I guess I would say ARods a great hitter but his lack of performance outweighs his presence IMO . Not the same type comparision but players living off there star power are much easier replaced then the blue collar guys who get no press . Kellen Winslow makes the Browns offense better two but serviceable backups stepped in and just the same type thing . I cant see how made more then 5 plays that could be considered as crucial during a game . With Calvin Johnson's deep threat ability if they were going to pay some extra attention to someone it was gonna be he IMO . So that wont change

To me its just a paper loss and really so is Kitna what did he do that Dan O cant ? Det was crushed at basically every half so maybe he cant lead the offense on a few semi meaningless drives to make it look better . He might also cause DET to focus more on the RBs and as Bar said look harder at why the defense had struggled and make changes .

I dont really see why Det would be any worse really then the other bad teams SF , Oak , KC etc. Plus Det doesnt need to beat Houston it just has to watch the self destruct and avoid there own mistakes.

Regardless of anything its just not that easy to beat a team when you repeatedly self destruct . Insert Dallas Cowboy comments...:cheers:

I asked myself the same question last week "how does Houston not cover" and luckily I stayed off because betting Tex -2.5 when they win by 1 would have been a tough pill to swallow.

if you look back at that game the houston d shut the dolphins down.. the dolphins scored on a trick play and great blocking on a screen pass plus a prevent touchdown. they shut ronnie down which isnt easy to do.. i am leaning towards them but am still undecided

I wouldn't credit Detroit's defense as much as I'd criticize the queens' "offense", if you can call it that.

They are sincerely pathetic. Honest.

Wagerline says Calvin Johnson is ? with a concussion......and that Dunta Robinson (Houston's best corner has been activated off PUP)...fwiw..

Detroit had their chance last week at Minny ...Trades, Firings and Kitna being put on IR when he preffered not to be according to an article i just read...Bad things going on in the lockeroom you have to think..You really think these guys are going to come out fired up like cleveland did..I say no way..

Houston off an big win and scoring hasnt been a problem last 3 games (29,27,27) good situation me thinks even with a big number ...Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it

I agree SteelBucsFan......You have to wonder about Detroits state of mind after all off the drama and they already now their season is over.....Houston's offense much more dynamic than Vikings offense....

The line has not moved much though....

Detroit had their chance last week at Minny ...Trades, Firings and Kitna being put on IR when he preffered not to be according to an article i just read...Bad things going on in the lockeroom you have to think..You really think these guys are going to come out fired up like cleveland did..I say no way..
Houston off an big win and scoring hasnt been a problem last 3 games (29,27,27) good situation me thinks even with a big number ...Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it

I dont see how this is remotely comparable to Cle ? Hosting MNF for the 1st time in a long while vs the defending SB Champs . Plus huge home dogs which in insulting when players pickup a paper and see there TD dogs in there house . Winless ...

I dont think people backing DET expect them to win rather hang around and hope Houston continues to self destruct.

I agree sometimes you do just have to say Fuck it and the fact Det is off a narrow loss probably does help dim the on paper disadvantage . It's still a sloppy Houston team who has done nothing but mistakes week in week out . Thats why I cant entertain laying a big number with them. They severly outplayed Miami and won by 1 . The Dolphins have done some good things but they arent exactly much better then Det in the big scheme of things ......

:cheers:

If you guys pound away then BOL . :cheers:

I really like Houston.

This line is where it is because Houston is 1-4. Oddsmakers know that the public doesnt really consider the fact that Houston could be 3-2. They are home and facing a team that just missed one of its few chances to not finish 0-16. They have 1 wr who can play, and he is ?able. Orlovsky actually didnt look horrible, but whos he throwing to? Schaub is clicking with his wrs and Slaton is breaking out. Houston by double digits

I really like Houston.

This line is where it is because Houston is 1-4. Oddsmakers know that the public doesnt really consider the fact that Houston could be 3-2. They are home and facing a team that just missed one of its few chances to not finish 0-16. They have 1 wr who can play, and he is ?able. Orlovsky actually didnt look horrible, but whos he throwing to? Schaub is clicking with his wrs and Slaton is breaking out. Houston by double digits

I dont think houston is somehow undervalued by the so called betting public . Everybody loves the almost teams and that what Houston does every week . Houston had there chance to blow a bad team last week and positioned themselves nicely to do so but continually self destructed .....

The line was high before Roy Williams was traded and Kitna went to IR . Those were not really factors IMO .....

Schaub is clicking but with everyone on the field as he had 2 1st Q ints and would imagine was dangerously close to being benched .

If Calvin Johnosn dosnt play then its a whole nother story but would expect him to suit up .

People say ing or even thinking Det has quit forgets this is there job and there is a ton of work left . Not to mention did you guys see DETs HC flip out when asked if he would quit ? Players respond to that IMO .....

On paper Houston should roll but still think at higher then -6.5 maybe -7 they are putting you ona fat line and if so fat lines always lose ....

Look at the KC game LJ is out and the game moves a 1/2 if that isnt a tell to be careful then I dont what is . The truth is most people dont realize Charles will run as well as LJ would......:cheers:

I think the line is pretty tight.

Detroit is a bad, bad football team. Game last week vs. the Vikes wasn't as close as score indicates. Lions had a +2 turnover ratio. Peterson fumbled at the 1, (which Vikes turnes into safety), Peterson also fumbled in FG range, and Lions blocked a FG. Last second FG withstanding, and some whacky calls, Vikes should have won about 20-13.

Vikes outyarded Lions 392-212. 180 yards !!

Here's a little nugget. In 5 games Lions have been outyarded by an average of 165 yards per game. At 15-20 yards per point in the NFL, Lions are already 8-10 points down. Lions D is practically dead last in every yardage & category.

Texans outyarded Fish by 115 yards, and only punted ONCE. 4 TOs kept Miami in the game. Earlier post is correct since they have scored 27,27,29 in L3 games. In L2 games at home (Colts & Dolphins), Texans have averaged 438 yds per game. Both defenses are better than Lions statisically.

I'd lean Texans, but personally I am not on them. I just couldn't put my money on the Lions at this moment.

Look at the KC game LJ is out and the game moves a 1/2 if that isnt a tell to be careful then I dont what is . The truth is most people dont realize Charles will run as well as LJ would......:cheers:

not sure what exactly you meant but i'd be surprised if LJ or Charles or Jim Brown in his hayday topped 60 yardsin this one.

Nut , I wasnt comparing Lions situation to cleveland...I just used cleveland as an example of a team that was fired up and ready to play since the game was fresh in my mind...It shouldnt have taken all those situations that cleveland had to finally be prepared to play...Like you said its their job...I just feel the Lions don`t come prepared to play because of Trades , Injuries , turmoil or whatever .... They they just havent performed well at all since about week 8 of last season...

I hear ya bro. I am kinda in line with you guys now. Houston needs this real bad and cant afford any fuckups and Det is banged up some after the Minny game . BOL

One could make an argument on either side that Houston has never been in this position before of a big, almost DD favorite. Only other time was the last game of the 04-05 season vs Cleveland, which they were -9.5 and won by 8. Makes me think someone knows something to make them this big of chalk...

Houston TT over may be a safer bet...

I kinda looked at the fact Det went to SF as +5 dogs and got lit and Houston is a comparable to SF . Except Det lost its QB and #2 WR since and is off a tough loss . Just expect it to be one sided now.

Back