Houston Nutt loses OC Malzahn and QB Mustain...

SHSUHorn

Thief
to Tulsa. Wow talk about Nutt pulling some shit on the Springdale HS program. Damian Williams was committed to Florida, Mustain was leaning heavily to Texas then Nutt comes in hires Gus Malzahn as head coach. Nutt gets his offense rolling because of Malzahn and they have their best seaosn in years. Plus Malzahn is able to lure Mustain and Williams to Arkie.

Now Williams transfers to USC and Mustain is leaving to Tulsa.

Wow.

And Arkansas who seemed loaded for next season slowly starts to fall apart.

Isn't this the same team that had parents complaining about their kids not getting enough playing time? Something I find ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the school taking the meeting. That, to me, suggests the school was worried that Nutt was out there lying his *ss off during recruiting.

I really didn't understand why everybody was on this guy's bandwagon last year. Guess we'll see what he's made of now.

Joe Public said:
And Arkansas who seemed loaded for next season slowly starts to fall apart.

Isn't this the same team that had parents complaining about their kids not getting enough playing time? Something I find ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the school taking the meeting. That, to me, suggests the school was worried that Nutt was out there lying his *ss off during recruiting.

I really didn't understand why everybody was on this guy's bandwagon last year. Guess we'll see what he's made of now.

Yes that is why these players left. Basically Springdale HS team had probably one of the best teams ever in HS football in Arkansas. Led by 5 legit Div 1 prospects headlined by Mustain the #1 QB in the country. Almost all of them were heading to other schools but one. The fans were calling for Nutt's head if he couldn't land these kids in his backyard.

Then toward the end of the season Nutt hired the head HS coach to be his OC (Gus Malzahn). Malzahn was then able to get the 4 of the 5 to committ to Arkansas with Nutt making promises if early playing time and a wide open offense.

None of that happened during the season as Arkie relied on a rushing attack, Mustain when he played just handed the ball off, etc..

Basically the parents knew their kids were lied to during recruiting so they wanted answers or else they were going to transfer.

Williams is gone and now Mustain and the OC who couldn't stand Nutt.

It was reported on an Arkie radio. Its pretty obvious though since Mustain said he was staying then as soon as Gus bolts he does as well.

Mustain wants to run the spread and Malzahn will give him that opportunity at Tulsa.

This was the strangest situation in a long time. They never got along. He should have never played dick. Knowing that next years team would be the real team. Nutt mishandled this whole situation. He will still have mcfadden and the other back so its not like the gas tank is empty.

Mustain i think leaves to be closer to home. But this kid looked like an average qb with an averge arm when he did come in. He definately isnt as talented as stafford. ( Thats not a homer comment either ) I just wasnt impressed with Mustain, although i would have played him over dick.

It kind of works out well for that HS coach, but nobody else. Mustain now loses a year of eligability, correct? Meanwhile, Arkansas loses a ton of talent, they have to replace a coach, and Nutt looks like a complete moron.

Nice work, by that guy.

I figured that's what the parent situation was, you don't normally get that meeting to complain about playing time if something serious isn't going on. Obviously there was fire to back up the smoke.

I kind of feel for Hogs fans here, because it seems Nutt has really f**ked them here.

majent, you were right on this one as my Arkie buddy who is tied close to the program said he was a lock to Tulsa and they reported it on the radio.

He's actually going to be visiting USC in the next two weeks and they saved a schollie for him. Damain Williams is already there.

If they grab Mustain USC will just be ridiculous stacked. No way they should be losing to the likes of the Beavers and Bruins. No way.

Kid would be crazy to go to USC unless he doesn't want to play for 3-4yrs. Granted he sits out next yr because of the transfer. Then Booty leaves, Its now Sanchez turn for atleast 2yrs, then there is the kid Corp they just brought in..

Kid would be crazy to go to USC unless he doesn't want to play for 3-4yrs. Granted he sits out next yr because of the transfer. Then Booty leaves, Its now Sanchez turn for atleast 2yrs, then there is the kid Corp they just brought in..

Mustain is better then corp I think. Kid is alot better then some are giving him credit for. Just think he was bogged down bu the idiot Nutt.

Texas is more then fine at QB now but could've been better with a poslished back-up last year when Mccoy went down. Sherrod Harris was actually redshirting this past season and some say he was also an influence in Snead transferring when he was blowing it up on the scout team. John Chiles is a 5 star QB that has enrolled early this spring. Both players fit the VY offense better then Mccoy or Snead so we shall see.

Mustain is better then corp I think. Kid is alot better then some are giving him credit for. Just think he was bogged down bu the idiot Nutt.

Texas is more then fine at QB now but could've been better with a poslished back-up last year when Mccoy went down. Sherrod Harris was actually redshirting this past season and some say he was also an influence in Snead transferring when he was blowing it up on the scout team. John Chiles is a 5 star QB that has enrolled early this spring. Both players fit the VY offense better then Mccoy or Snead so we shall see.

Horn thats fine if he is better than Corp but a transfer now means he sits the 07 season. I think then its Sanchez time to shine for 2yrs. That leaves Corp VS. Mustain 3 yrs from now

everything, I agree he doesn't beat Sanchez out. He'd be stupid to go to USC. I really think he should follow his caoch to Tulsa even though they arn't bigtime. The kid seems to be a mommas boy and needs some year to mature and be a man. Plus he'll get to throw the ball a zillion times. NFL coaches will find you no matter how small the school.

Their have been just as many small school QBs drafted in the first round then big schools this decade. 16 first round picks this decade were QBs.

Rothlesberger, Leftwich, Carr, Alex Smith, Losman, Ramsey, and Pennington all come from non-BCS schools

About 7 to 9 but hell I consider Rivers, Manning, and Cutler not going to big time programs at Ole Miss, Vandy and NC state.

So its about even I think.

The rest have come from the Pac 10 and Grossman and Cambell.

Back