Houston/Boston & San Francisco/Colorado Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bet This MLB Parlay at () on Monday

Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox
Monday, May 16, 2022 at 7:10 p.m. ET at Fenway Park in Boston

Who Is Starting for Houston?

Astro starter Jake Odorizzi seems to be in fine form based on his most recent performances.

However, it is difficult to attach much value to these performances given the quality of his opponents.

Since getting blown up by the Angels -- he yielded a 40.50 ERA against them on April 20 -- Odorizzi got to pitch in Texas, where the Rangers average 3.84 runs per game, before hosting a Seattle team that scores 3.26 runs per game away from home and a Tiger team that easily ranks dead-last in runs per game.

Odorizzi is getting a much stiffer test tonight in a Boston team that has improved its OPS (on-base plus slugging) by .108 since April to May.

Odorizzi vs. Red Sox Batters

I dislike Odorizzi tonight because he has a terrible history in Boston's ballpark.

In 11 career starts at Fenway, he suffers a 6.18 ERA.

Tons of Boston batters have produced strong numbers against him.

Five different ones slug well over .550 in at least eight career at-bats with Odorizzi on the mount.

Rafael Devers, for example, is 4-for-8 with three doubles in his career facing Odorizzi.

Who Is Starting for Boston?

Boston starts Garrett Whitlock today, although many consider him to be fit for reliever duties.

Whitlock does not tend to pitch too many innings -- the most he has pitched in a game is five -- so our evaluation of Whitlock will justify only a first-half bet.

Whitlock vs. Astro Batters

Primarily, Whitlock throws a sinker, slider, and changeup.

These three pitches make up nearly 97 percent of his arsenal.

I dislike Whitlock today because Houston ranks second in slugging .643 against these pitches from righties.

Houston batters will thus ensure that the start to this game is a high-scoring one.

San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies
Monday, May 16, 2022 at 8:40 p.m. ET at Coors Field in Denver, Colorado

Who Is Starting for San Francisco?

Giant starter Alex Wood might seem to be worth backing because he is coming off a strong start in which he thrived against the Rockies.

However, he got to face them at home, which is important because the Rockies average a paltry 2.73 runs per game outside of Coors Field.

It's also important to note that Wood is facing the same team twice because this kind of rematch scenario did not go well for him before.

On April 29, he surrendered five earned runs in five innings against the Nationals after getting the win through a much stronger performance against them in his previous start.

Wood vs. Rockie Batters

Rockie hitters promise to do well tonight because Wood has a terrible history in their ballpark.

In nine career starts at Coors Field, Wood suffers an 8.50 ERA.

Moreover, Wood is disadvantaged by being left-handed tonight because the Rockies rank fourth in slugging against left-handed pitchers.

Two Colorado batters worth watching out for are C.J. Cron and Kris Bryant.

Cron is 4-for-10 with a homer in his career facing Wood.

Likewise, Bryant in his career is 4-for-9 with a double and a homer with Wood on the mound.

Antonio Senzatela vs. Giant Batters

Colorado starter Antonio Senzatela will be glad to return to Coors Field tonight where he is 2-0 on the season.

Senzatela features a fastball-slider combo. These two pitches make up over 80 percent of his repertoire.

He is in a good spot tonight because the Giants rank 10th-to-last in slugging against these two pitches from righties.

Best Bet: Parlay Astros/Red Sox first-half over & Rockies run-line (+1.5) (Odds TBA)

I’d guess rox slug is even higher against lefties if you just look at them in coors. Think I’d be more inclined to play the ml, I don’t think of the +1.5 being all that valuable at coors in what are usually high scoring games, totals north of 10, I like getting the 1.5 runs in low total games I expect to stay low.

I guess I should have known the minute I said forget the +1.5 I was in danger of losing by 1! Lol. Lot of game left tho, someone could still bust it open at coors!!

So what happens to the FF bet in Boston if this game gets called? I’m not even sure how this game gets scored? I assume they would have to drop the top the 6th where houston tied it up and go back to the 2-1 Sox score after 5 innings? That would blow for anyone houston backers. You would think I know the rules but I don’t! Lol.

I guess I should have known the minute I said forget the +1.5 I was in danger of losing by 1! Lol. Lot of game left tho, someone could still bust it open at coors!!

So what happens to the FF bet in Boston if this game gets called? I’m not even sure how this game gets scored? I assume they would have to drop the top the 6th where houston tied it up and go back to the 2-1 Sox score after 5 innings? That would blow for anyone houston backers. You would think I know the rules but I don’t! Lol.

Moot now, game started back up, lol.

Jfc, it really is gonna happen. I swear I shoulda known the minute I said “forget the RL in what should be a higher scoring game” it was freaking destined to happen, even if it did take Senzatela forced to leave the game injuring himself warming up for the 3rd inning, didn’t matter how, was just a foregone conclusion when I opened my fat mouth!!

Back