horses & rjurewitz...(Utah @ SDSU +6.5)

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Nobody has mentioned the Utah @ SDSU game this week. Aztecs now getting 6.5 at home, and I think this line could be at 7 or higher come game time.

I remember when SDSU rolled into Utah last year, because we spanked the Utes in their own back yard. I know this will be fresh in the Utes minds, so I'm hesitant to make a play on the Aztecs...but if the line hits 7 or higher, I may make a small play on SDSU.

What do you guys think?... :shake:

I have been very unimpressed with your team's offense... I think Utah will hang at least 24... 27 on almost anyone...

Because of that I lean Utah.

But you probably know more than me and if you think SDSU is the play... I might stay clear.

GL

:shake:

I was lookin at this from a ML standpoint. earliest number I saw was 204, and later I saw 228, I think.

do you think SDSU will have another scoring drought.....? or was the wisky game a fluke?

pags has pretty much talked me off this game, though I did take sdsu in the matador invitational on covers...I'm still watching, and if this ML gets stupid high, I will be forced to play it (hawaii 550, for instance).

but its you I want info from. Is that .5 point really all that attractive that it determines you playing it or not? Why from capping this game (not from general capping principle which I fully understand and agree with) do you want to play if that point is so important...

what do you think will happen? will utah step it up? I've been under the belief that utah has underperformed so far this year - is this accurate or not?

help me out with your team, bro.

thanks!

Well, I can tell you one thing...Utah didn't put up 27 on UCLA (the only quality opponent they have played this season).

I'm not even looking at their games against Northern Arizona and Utah State. They should blow out awful opponents like that.

Compare Utah's schedule to SDSU's so far. Aztecs lost 27-34 to UTEP (this was with O'Connell at QB), and lost at Wisconsin 0-14.

It's not like we've been blown out this year, and we totally smothered Utah's offense at the end of last season. I just think in this matchup, 7 points is a lot for the home team to be getting. :shake:

Aztec--

No fuckin' clue my man. I've got it capped at 6 so it's too close IMO.

Remember, this will probably be SDSU's largest crowd of the year since everyone and their dog will be there for Skyshow afterwards. That being said, it will be large, but will it be loud, will they be into it. Who knows.

Good luck on your Aztecs. If I had to choose, I'd say Utah up to a TD and SDSU at a TD.

I think Utah was still adjusting to the loss of Johnson against UCLA...he was splitting snaps (really three ways), so I think that came through in that game...

On the other hand, the windy weather had a lot to do w/ both teams not scoring in Madison on Sat...so I'm not sure that effort was indicitive of their ability to score...

SDST's offense was almost all created late in that UTEP game though and that was with O'Donnell....I know it Mougey's third year in the program, but it's still only his second career start...

Weird results for SDST thus far...

I think this game may fall in the teaser category for the UTES, but I'm still lookin.

jumponboard,

I agree with your analysis...but it was Moguey that led them back vs. UTEP...however, that was vs. a poor UTEP pass D and they kept getting the ball inside UTEP territory due to Jordan Palmer throwing dipshit INT's (almost gave me a heart attack watching that game)...I was able to watch both the UTEP and Wisconsin games...one thing to note is that SDSU has 2 WR's, 2 TE's and 1 OL that were all starters in spring practice (not to mention they lost WR's Ortiz and Webb to graduation)...I do agree with jumponboard that the first game against UCLA Utah was a little sloppy...however, the last two games, they have rolled, very similiar to their play in the bowl game...these guys are deep and if they get up they can wear down the SDSU front seven much like Wisconsin did last week...I think Utah's one of the better plays on the board this week (I encourage those that are interested to get it under 7)...

I thought O'Donnell got hurt in the middle of the fourth...but I didn't see the game...

Thx Pags...I'm pretty sure I'm teasing this game...but I may play the side as well...it's the only side I'd have in this one for sure...

Good stuff bro...

Like RJ...I 'capped this game at 6 points myself; however, after thinking some more about and reading the local paper, I would definitely lean towards Utah.

A couple notes...
- Mougey led the comeback vs UTEP, not O'Connell.
- The Aztecs are reshuffling their OL this week to get better production for RB Hamilton.
- Utah is playing with legitimate revenge from last year; don't know how many of you saw that game, but I must say the Aztecs did NOT slow the Utes down last year in Salt Lake City...Utah had over 550 yds of offense, yet managed only 19 points due to their ineptitude in the Red Zone...namely turnovers. I have already read a couple quotes from Ute players that they owe San Diego St 'one'.
- RJ mentioned the Skyshow and the large crowd...no doubt...the Aztecs are assured one sellout a year due to Skyshow (and the Padres moving to Petco). However, I would say a third of this sellout crowd never makes it inside the stadium until the Skyshow starts...why pay 7 bucks for a beer when you can drink in the parking lot for hours and then go in for the Skyshow. I talked to 2 people at work today that are going for the Skyshow...they both asked who the Aztecs were playing? Sellout crowd will not be a factor in my opinion.

GL.

San Diego is so fuckin' lame when it comes to being fans.

We produce an incredible amount of talent and a ton of Little League Parents who treat their pro teams as if they were little league teams (no profanity, no getting excited, not much critical to say, "Good job, Piazza, we'll get em next time"). It's real disappointing.

Good thread Men.

I like it when y'all hammer all this out and I'm on the right side. It makes me feel smarter than I am. :shake:

The other side of that is when y'all hammer it all out and I'm on the wrong side (USC).

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I guess my memory of last years game is a little clouded by the fact that SDSU won (I totally expected us to get whooped). I think I'll probably stay away from my boys this week. :shake:

i actual mentioned thi sgame in mine and rjs thread hwo i couldn't beieve utah was only a 6 point fav i would think utah comes out and rolls your aztecs. i do not know as much about your squad by anymeans as you guys do but i think utah has too much firepower

rj - I lived in San Diego for 5 years, and I couldn't agree more with your assessment about SD fans (excluding horses and myself).

In closing, San Diego fans SUCK! :shake:

rj - You got me thinking about SD fans now. You know what I hate the most? San Diego fans only come to support their teams when they KNOW they are post season bound/good. In other words, if SD is rocking, they brag all day long. But if SD is sucking it up, they laugh along with everybody else and never show up at games.

I lose my voice at just about every game I go to (Aztecs and Seahawks). I can't wait to see my alma play later this year. :smiley_acbe:

If it gets to 10, I'd think about taking the Aztecs.

Like the Utah revenge angle in this game, though.

does brandyn dombrowski start yet? I was in karate with him for like 8 years here in vegas, maybe I can track his dad down and get some info.

Id prolly roll with your aztecs even with Mougey in this one line I dont like utah.

Back