Hornets @ Celtics

Not sure I agree with ya Renew. C's don't really have a ton of motivation at this point as the #1 seed is almost a sure thing. They proved their point against the Suns tonight and as Tuck has mentioned multiple times this year the C's are dangerous against teams from the WC that Garnett and Allen have a history with. The Horents certainly don't fulfill this requirement. Meanwhile the Hornets are playing their 3rd in 4 nights but have a ton to gain by continuing to win.

I will say that the Hornets are going to be in for a long night against the Raptors on the 30th. They have a bit of a revenge game against the Magic on the 1st (lost to them at home without CP3) and the Raptors just happen to be sandwiched perfectly between a trip to Boston and So. Florida. Beyond that the Raptors should be off of two home victories after a brutal 10 game stretch with a good deal of momentum.

Not sure if you have any other ideas why Boston is such a great bet, but I'm more than interested in hearing them if you do.

Mostly it has to do with how some of our players are starting to play. Even during some of our big wins at home I've seen a decline in a few of our players. Julian Wright is starting to play more like a rookie, Pargo is an inconsistent guy and I don't trust him to step up big again. Mo Pete is about as ineffective as you get.

I didn't account for Chris Anderson's return when I started to look at this about a week ago. He definitely has a long way to go but he looked more comfortable in his role than against Indy.

These last two games really worried me, the lack of defense we've played. At home they've been feeding off the crowd and just crushing teams in the end. The C's game was amazing to see how the crowd just turned up intensity in the 4th.

Paul was in foul trouble but we struggled mightily in one area and that's rebounds. They're guys are all larger than us and if we don't rebound like we didn't last weekend and yesterday, than we are in trouble. Anderson isn't quick enough yet, and because their guys are longer/bigger so we only have Tyson. Ely has basically fallen out of the rotation as well. We'd have to get an amazing 6 stl 4 quarter performance by Bonzi + the other turnovers the entire game, I don't see that happening again on the road.

I know the Celtics have the spot basically locked up but just a mini-statement game to get revenge on a team you had beat for the majority of the game, even with the lack of history. We do have a lot of hard working players and thats kept us in game but like I said earlier we've been declining in our play and lacking hustle on more possessions lately.

We can discuss more :popcorn:

Good stuff Renew. I had some plans to take a better look at the Hornets in this one but I think you've just saved me the time. I think it's going to be a flat spot for the C's and you think the Hornets are in a lull. Sounds like BC may have the winner here.

Hornies are the only team the C's havent beaten this year. Phx was the other and look what they did to them.

Have to think the C's are motivated to finish the "NBA Sweep"

Hornies are the only team the C's havent beaten this year. Phx was the other and look what they did to them.

Have to think the C's are motivated to finish the "NBA Sweep"

Agree that they'll want this win, but 6.5 is another story. Hornets are a good team and I think they have alot of the same attributes as the Jazz and the Jazz went into Boston and played a great game. Still like the Hornets at 6.5 and 7 would be even better.

Agree that they'll want this win, but 6.5 is another story. Hornets are a good team and I think they have alot of the same attributes as the Jazz and the Jazz went into Boston and played a great game. Still like the Hornets at 6.5 and 7 would be even better.

Can't compare utah to this situation. Utah had lost to celts on their home floor and how much that bothered them, jazz were talking about how much a win at boston would mean to them as players and a team,so revenge was very high. They even spoke to it after the win.

Now you have N.O. coming into Boston. Celts blew a DD lead in N.O. i think it was the last game of the road trip, they had the game won and got sloppy the last 5 minutes. Now at home, rested, revenge, getting back to basics (defense), I think Celts win by dd and get stingy on the D.<!-- / message -->

only thing about the hornets is when we lose, we typically lose big.

true, we do lose big

this game is a difficult one to decide because i wonder about the celtics mindset. do they want revenge? are they thinking about the fact that they have defeated every team except the hornets? are they happy being complacient with their top seed?

i can not answer these questions, so i will be staying away.

Can't compare utah to this situation. Utah had lost to celts on their home floor and how much that bothered them, jazz were talking about how much a win at boston would mean to them as players and a team,so revenge was very high. They even spoke to it after the win.

Now you have N.O. coming into Boston. Celts blew a DD lead in N.O. i think it was the last game of the road trip, they had the game won and got sloppy the last 5 minutes. Now at home, rested, revenge, getting back to basics (defense), I think Celts win by dd and get stingy on the D.<!-- / message -->

So which one do you like?

I'll pretend like i'm arguing against the 1st part haha

1) We needed what I think was the largest team effort we've had all year to win that game vs the C's last Saturday. Pargo got clutch in the 4th, Julian timely steal/shot, Wells 6 4th quarter steals.
2) The home crowd has been the biggest factor for the big home wins lately. Even though we are one of the best road teams we slip up once in a while and we've flip flopped where we play better at. Beginning of the year it was on the road, now it's at home
3) Celtics only have 1 team left to beat on the year and it's these Hornets who they had beat just last week

idk i said stuff above and Im too lazy to go through the rest of it

true, we do lose big

this game is a difficult one to decide because i wonder about the celtics mindset. do they want revenge? are they thinking about the fact that they have defeated every team except the hornets? are they happy being complacient with their top seed?

i can not answer these questions, so i will be staying away.

yea, you never know. I havent seen them talk about it but I'm sure it's definitely in the back of their minds. They took a rough loss last week and I'm sure it left a sour taste. They went scoreless for idk 5/6 minutes in the 4th. They have to be some what motivated.

Also just looking at the rest of their schedule, this is one of the few real games left so I think they play it hard because they have a bunch of cupcakes left.

i like the celt to win by DD by playing stingy defense, not touching the total. though "gun to my head" (think i have read this quote on here before) i would take the under.

My quick guess: Celts go all out tonight and get a big win, beat everyteam in the nba, then Doc starts giving the starters some extra rest over the last few games.

we'll try not to get carried away with this bet. satisfied with what I've done the past few weeks to get ready for MLB.

1.5 Units on Celtics -7

A few facts. NO has lost as a dog 8 times. They covered once losing by 6 at Denver. The lowest other loss was 9. Boston has Miami coming up. NO has Toronto. Toronto has beaten NO the last 3 times they met including a 97-92 win at NO earlier this year. Liking Boston here. In the 8 losses under was 5-3 but the last 3 times went over. Phil Robinson is a seriously Over referee. Like Utah more. GL

Back