Hong Kong Open

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Goes off in an hour. Taking gmac over poulter. Not confident on this one, just think Ian isn't prepared and his here just to meet the minimum tour starts

Ehh, Not working out as planned. Poulter arrived 7p on Wed night. Figured he would be jet lagged and unprepared. Didn't get to play a pr obviously, no caddie, no yardage book. Thought he would play just to meet the minimum amount of starts. Now hes leading FML

Perhaps practice is overrated.
After boarding a last-minute flight to Hong Kong, Ian Poulter arrived in Asia and headed to the first tee of the UBS Hong Kong Open without the benefit of a practice round, detailed yardage book or his regular caddie.
But the Englishman had a decent working knowledge of Hong Kong Golf Club, having won there in 2010, and he relied on that experience to shoot a 3-under 67 Thursday while still fighting off jet lag. The score left him in a tie for 12th among the 78-man field, three shots behind Andrea Pavan and Wei-Chih Lu.
Poulter wasn't expecting to play this week, but a sudden drop in the world rankings left him needing an additional start to retain his European Tour membership. He boarded a flight Tuesday morning in Florida and landed in Hong Kong at 7 p.m. local time Wednesday.

"I guess in the circumstances, it was pretty good," Poulter said. "Overall, I've played pretty nicely on a course which I've had to get to know again pretty quickly. But I have to be happy with that after landing last night."
Poulter had five birdies against two bogeys, and his 67 put him on an early leaderboard that also includes Justin Rose (65), Graeme McDowell (66) and Patrick Reed (68).
"I like the golf course. Fanling suits my game," he said. "It's not all about length; it's about position in play off the tee. When you've shot low rounds on a golf course in the past, you know your lines, you know where you want to be putting from. So yeah, it was nice to get back out there on the course."
Those standings do not include Rich Beem, who had already flown from Texas to Hong Kong when Poulter's situation came to light. Beem opted to turn down his sponsor invite, paving the way for Poulter to gain last-minute entry into an event he needed to play to retain eligibility for next year's Ryder Cup.
"I saw Rich in the hotel this morning, so I went over and said, 'That's awfully kind of you to do this,'" Poulter said. "He didn't have to, but he was nice enough to do it, and yeah, I have to thank him for that."

Didnt get it in time, was going to be dj over spieth. Would have won. Dj hit the flag a la tiger at the masters, and made double. He might have won the event. Oh well..

Been sitting out for a while, nothing has stuck out. Have a few hundred in my account that has been collecting dust. Looks like I've made a total of 2 bets in 4 months. The GMac bet and a bet on American Pharaoh. Will bet half of my account each time. Let's see if I can cash out after a couple winners of go bust. Good luck and here's to a profitable 16.

Back