Vikings vs Dolphins 1974: Miami 24-7

Patriots vs Panthers 2004: Patriots 32-29

Patriots vs Falcons 2017: Pats 30 Falcons 26

Thus, Pats win:

1 Unit Pats ML WIN
1 Units Pats -3 WIN
1H Under 29 1 Unit WIN
Under 59 -120 1 Unit LOSE

Over 28 Falcons TT 1 unit (this was my first instinct, and now a good hedge) PUSH

Last edited:
Not to speak for him, but my guess - as it was my first reaction as well - is wondering what those first two games have to do with your pick.

Not to speak for him, but my guess - as it was my first reaction as well - is wondering what those first two games have to do with your pick.
Those were the previous Super Bowls played in his hometown of Houston. Probably not much to do with his picks but just giving out some info.

Good luck as always bones.

Those were the previous Super Bowls played in his hometown of Houston. Probably not much to do with his picks but just giving out some info.

Good luck as always bones.

This....also, and its not the reason for my pick, the AFC has won both prior Super Bowls here...for those who are superstitous

By the way, the conviction of my pick is such that if I could get ATL +4.5 I'd probably take that too.

Here are in essence what I think:

1. Belichick...best coach ever
2. Brady...as cool and smart a customer as there is
3. Experience with the pressure in Super Bowls
4. Defense - I give the edge to Pats, but not as large as most, but still the edge and they keep folks out of end zone
5. If you bet agst Pats & lose you will feel like an idiot - why the hell didn't I lay 3 with the Pats? What was I thinking?
6. Under - 58.5 is a large number, particularly with Pats defense requiring teams to grind out to score...Belichick is going to try and prevent long downfield passes to Julio imo and play a tough bend no break defense with longer drives for ATL. Can he succeed is the Question? If not then Under in trouble. I ain't too confident that's why I bought the .5. I do feel good abt the 1H wager more than the game under
7. Brady & company are methodical & will have deliberate drives and try and eat up clock. It's old saying, you cannot score if you do not have the ball
8. NE is very good with a lead in last 5 minutes. If score is close with NE up, they're good at grinding for 5 minutes.
9. All that said, as I said a few weeks back in Discussion thread, this aint your old Falcons...they have weapons (plural) and that's scary for this bet

The thing abt Super Bowl, kinda forced to bet. If this was a MNF game in Mexico for example (neutral site)...I'd probably bet OVER for game and that's it. But this is Super Bowl and I just not going to put my $$ agst Belichick & Brady

Vikings vs Dolphins 1974: Miami 24-7

Patriots vs Panthers 2004: Patriots 32-29

Patriots vs Falcons 2017: Pats 30 Falcons 26

Thus, Pats win:

1 Unit Pats ML WIN
1 Units Pats -3 WIN
1H Under 29 1 Unit WIN
Under 59 -120 1 Unit LOSE

Over 28 Falcons TT 1 unit (this was my first instinct, and now a good hedge) PUSH

what a game! (I got a little Over 49.5 & 52.5 in game & some NE ML +255 & +440)

God willing, see you NFL 2017

Back