Hockey

Leafs should be improved this year, I like the defense a lot more with Robidas and giving Gardiner/Reilly more time is going to improve things, Carlyle knows he can't limit those guys anymore even when they are the best possession guys on the team.

Even with bad teams the last few years they have been great at home, 24-16-1 last year

in the other game, Desjardins has put the Canucks back to basics, Sedins won't be penalty killing anymore, the bottom 6 is a lot stronger with the additions. Kesler was a big name to lose but production wisee he hasn't been the same player in 2 years, is WOWY away from playing with the Sedins was a league average possession center.

Calgary has gotten worse from last year, they should really struggle to score goals, lost their leading scorer in Camalerri and replaced him with Mason Raymond and Devin Setogouchi. They really need Monahan to improve off his rookie season and Johnny Gaudreau to carry over his production from BC.

their defense after Giordano and Brodie is full of what should be 6/7 guys on an average team. Their goaltending is likely to be one of the worst tandems in the league as well. my guess is they finish in the 23-30 range in both Goals for and against, they will be in the range for McDavid/Eichel

19-13 +9.6

Nov 1

Chicago/Toronto o5.5 -105
Carolina +104
Philadelphia -1.5 +260
Dallas +145
Vancouver -1.5 +235

a bit of explanation on the Vancouver one which made it a bit of a one off situational thing

this team hates Ryan Kesler, lots of times a guy will mark down on his calender a game against his former team, I think this one is more for team than him

As for his teammates, if they wanted Kesler to be a Canuck, he would still be a Canuck.Unfazed by Kesler’s threat — made through agent Kurt Overhardt — of being a camp no-show, the Canucks were willing to take their sweet time in making the deal he wanted.
But it was his teammates who loathed the risk of more Kesler drama. They let management know they wanted to be done with it — and him.

It should be clear by now the Canucks weren’t happy with his act.
His teammates weren’t, either. As has been outlined in the Provies before, the players voted to strip him of his letter.
The leadership group tired of his draining personality and there will be no tears shed about his departure.
As someone put it:
“The players are ecstatic.”

Back