Hermie Fired

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Just popped up on the ESPN bottom line......I think the Chiefs better have the repacement lined up already.

word on the street is Pioli has Todd Haley the o-coordinator for Arizona in mind but nothing is official yet

as a chiefs fan that is who i am hoping for.

but wouldn't they wait until after the super bowl to fire herm edwards than?

Getting Very Interesting:

MORT AND SCHEFTER DUEL OVER REPORTS OF SHANAHAN TO CHIEFS
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 5:48 p.m.

This is getting pretty good.Two of the top NFL information men in the business are engaged in a duel regarding the question of whether the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan regarding the possibility of replacing former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards.
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Chiefs and Shanahan are closing in on a deal.
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on Thursday, and has reiterated today, that the Chiefs have made no contact with Shanahan.
nless people I have known for years are blatantly lying to me, Shanahan is not going to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs,” Schefter writes. “It is not happening. People can keep talking as if it is. But it is not. He will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009.”
Pistols or swords, gentlemen?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

:36_11_6:

they talked to him....the vols said the same thing on friday when it leaked that Kiffin was the new coach before fulmer was done saturday...........

kiffin was hired monday

MORT BACKS OFF ON SHANAHAN-TO-CHIEFS

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 8:26 p.m.
After reporting that the Chiefs and former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan were close to a deal that would make Shanahan the successor to Herm Edwards and in the face of a strenuous and unequivocal report from Adam Schefter of NFL Network, who once co-authored a book with Shanahan, Mortensen has backed off.
Mortensen is now reporting that the Chiefs have targeted Shanahan as a potential replacement for Edwards.
To his credit, the current version of Mort’s story acknowledges Schefter’s report.
That said, the current version of Mort’s report doesn’t disclose that ESPN previously was reporting that Shanahan and the Chiefs were nearing an agreement.
So the duel has been resolved — and Schefter has driven his Prius at less than five miles per hour into Mort’s leg.

ESPN has confirmed that Chris Mortensen was wrong! Typical of a ESPN. Their NFL reporters are hardly ever right and then won't give another reporter credit. Dan Patrick will have a field day with this on Monday on his radio show.

ESPN has confirmed that Chris Mortensen was wrong! Typical of a ESPN. Their NFL reporters are hardly ever right and then won't give another reporter credit. Dan Patrick will have a field day with this on Monday on his radio show.

Oh yeah, DP is gonna love this one

I hate Chris Mortenson. He always tries to be the first one reporting shit but most of the time, he's wrong.

Back