Here we are, two weeks left...what do we know and what do we need to know?

If Dallas beats Philly, they're in as the #4 seed and will host a wildcard game, probably against the Seattle/Niners loser.

If Philly beats Dallas, they still need to win at a healthy NY Giants or have Dallas lost at home to the same Redskins team the just beat.

Reminder on Tiebreaker rules after head to head - If its in the division, then it division record first, then common games record before conference record. If its across divisions, its conference record before common games record. Then in both cases its strength of victory before strength of schedule.

I can't imagine anyone who watched a portion of the Vikings-Chargers game would come to the opinion that Phil Rivers is still a viable starting QB. It's a mobile QB league anymore, and he's about as immobile as they come.

Speaking of which, Eli finishes his Giants career a perfect 117-117.

Saturday games are back! Means a lot of short rest teams, a bigger deal as the wear and tear of the season continues:

Bills go from road Sunday night in Pittsburgh to a road Saturday late afternoon at 11-3 Pats.

Texans go from road Sunday in Nashville to road Saturday at 7-7 Tampa.

Rams go from Sunday road debacle at Dallas to Saturday night at San Fran.

Saints will go from Monday night to road Sunday at Tennessee who has a higher point differential so far this year.

No matter what happens next week the #6 seed in the AFC will still be undecided until week 17.

I saw two teams decide on 4th around 8 from about the opponent's 40 that it was better to have their punter try a deep throw rather than keep the offense out on the field. WTF is going on with coaches these days?

If Dallas beats Philly, they're in as the #4 seed and will host a wildcard game, probably against the Seattle/Niners loser.

If Philly beats Dallas, they still need to win at a healthy NY Giants or have Dallas lost at home to the same Redskins team the just beat.

Reminder on Tiebreaker rules after head to head - If its in the division, then it division record first, then common games record before conference record. If its across divisions, its conference record before common games record. Then in both cases its strength of victory before strength of schedule.

The most Eagles thing in the world would be to beat Dallas this week and then lose in Jersey

I saw two teams decide on 4th around 8 from about the opponent's 40 that it was better to have their punter try a deep throw rather than keep the offense out on the field. WTF is going on with coaches these days?

I get the sentiment, but they’re looking for the element of surprise there. It’s easy to say they should have just kept the offense on the field (I would almost never punt so I’m with you), but then the defense just plays defense as opposed to being in punt defense (block, return, safe). You’d also have to imagine they send the punt team out there to punt unless the defense gives them a certain look, then they have the ability to change the play and go for it.

Saturday games are back! Means a lot of short rest teams, a bigger deal as the wear and tear of the season continues:

Bills go from road Sunday night in Pittsburgh to a road Saturday late afternoon at 11-3 Pats.

Texans go from road Sunday in Nashville to road Saturday at 7-7 Tampa.

Rams go from Sunday road debacle at Dallas to Saturday night at San Fran.

Saints will go from Monday night to road Sunday at Tennessee who has a higher point differential so far this year.

im hoping that the travel doesnt impact houston too much bc im pounding the shit out of them at -2. i genuinely think this closes at -3.5 and if it does ill buy some back. But TB lost Godwin, already wthout Evans, and they even lost their little white guy receiver too. I'm willing to pay to see Brashad Perriman go apeshit again.

without reading through all the nfl's stupid non-divisional tiebreaker rules...what happens if the slackers, aints, and hawks all win out and end up 13-3. who gets the 1,2, and 3 seed? aints beat hawks this season, but slackers never played either, so head to head should be thrown out right? aints would end up with a 9-3 conf record while slackers and hawks would end up 10-2. where do we take it from there?

I get the sentiment, but they’re looking for the element of surprise there. It’s easy to say they should have just kept the offense on the field (I would almost never punt so I’m with you), but then the defense just plays defense as opposed to being in punt defense (block, return, safe). You’d also have to imagine they send the punt team out there to punt unless the defense gives them a certain look, then they have the ability to change the play and go for it.
I hear ya, but to me the element of surprise is throwing quick to an uncovered gunner or having the upback run it off a direct snap. Having your punter throw a 30 yard jump ball to a backup CB/S seems like a really poor use of talent.

without reading through all the nfl's stupid non-divisional tiebreaker rules...what happens if the slackers, aints, and hawks all win out and end up 13-3. who gets the 1,2, and 3 seed? aints beat hawks this season, but slackers never played either, so head to head should be thrown out right? aints would end up with a 9-3 conf record while slackers and hawks would end up 10-2. where do we take it from there?
At 13-3 the order goes Seattle 1, Green Bay 2, New Orleans 3.

Put San Fran #1 if they go 13-3 by beating Seattle in Week 17.

My favorite wild scenario is the Browns rising from the dead to get in. Beat Balt & Cinc, have Pitt lose to NYJ and Balt, have Tenn lose to NO and Hou, and have Indy win any 2 of last 3 vs NO, Car and Jax. Browns beat Pitt in division tiebreak, Indy beats Tenn in division tiebreak, and Browns beat Tenn in conference tiebreak. Incredibly the only two upsets in the scenario are the Browns beating Balt for a 2nd time this year and Pitt losing as -3 at the Jets.

I hear ya, but to me the element of surprise is throwing quick to an uncovered gunner or having the upback run it off a direct snap. Having your punter throw a 30 yard jump ball to a backup CB/S seems like a really poor use of talent.

Who knows if the punter took things into his own hands, there were other routes being run it looked like. Hell, if the punter could have made a good throw (not even great) that was a TD.

My favorite wild scenario is the Browns rising from the dead to get in. Beat Balt & Cinc, have Pitt lose to NYJ and Balt, have Tenn lose to NO and Hou, and have Indy win any 2 of last 3 vs NO, Car and Jax. Browns beat Pitt in division tiebreak, Indy beats Tenn in division tiebreak, and Browns beat Tenn in conference tiebreak. Incredibly the only two upsets in the scenario are the Browns beating Balt for a 2nd time this year and Pitt losing as -3 at the Jets.
That's crazy. I thought yesterday finished them basically.

If Buffalo beats NE Saturday (which is extremely possible & 7 points is an early Christmas gift), then both teams win their final game Buff/NYJ & NE/MIA, it would give them identical records, division & h2h.

Would Buff win the division due to a better conference record?

Think I found my answer. Common opponents is a tie breaker before conference record, which is fucking stupid in this guy's opinion. Pats beat PHI & CLE who Buffalo lost to.

Makes more sense if you think about it. Conference record, playing different opponents, seems to be meaningless. They will always play one division from the other conference, so you’ll have those common opponents at least. Plus conference record is a bit redundant since you’ve already done division record as a tie breaker.

One of the things that cracks me up the most is how everyone is now so low on the niners after 1 badd game. 1 or 2 weeks ago everyone was thinking the niners were the 2nd best, if not the best team in league. Now after 1 loss to an actually really talented Atlanta team they're completely out of the conversation. I'm loving it. Keep it up keep driving that 9ers future down so I can hammer it. This is a team that has gone toe to toe with the best teams in the league. The ONLY thing I Worry about with the niners is the fact that they will likely have to play all their playoff games on the road and I'm just not sure they're up to that.

Probably mentioned already but that Brees injury was the best thing that could happened to the Saints. A year ago at this time he was out of gas. But w/ that time off to heal this season he looks really fresh and ready for a deep run thru the playoffs.

Probably mentioned already but that Brees injury was the best thing that could happened to the Saints. A year ago at this time he was out of gas. But w/ that time off to heal this season he looks really fresh and ready for a deep run thru the playoffs.
I agree wholeheartedly. Plus, in the event he gets hurt during the playoffs they know what they have.

One of the things that cracks me up the most is how everyone is now so low on the niners after 1 badd game. 1 or 2 weeks ago everyone was thinking the niners were the 2nd best, if not the best team in league. Now after 1 loss to an actually really talented Atlanta team they're completely out of the conversation. I'm loving it. Keep it up keep driving that 9ers future down so I can hammer it. This is a team that has gone toe to toe with the best teams in the league. The ONLY thing I Worry about with the niners is the fact that they will likely have to play all their playoff games on the road and I'm just not sure they're up to that.
Last week was a tough spot for them but I would be more worried about their defensive injuries

Titans-Saints a big game for New Orleans as they're stuck in the 3 hole right now. It's a big game for the Titans only if the Texans would lose. A Texan win on Saturday makes the game nearly irrelevant. They lose the tiebreaker to Pittsburgh if they both go 10-6, and also if they both go 9-7 unless the 9th win is over Houston in week 17. I suppose it would help if Pitt were to lose to the Jets, but not many are expecting that scenario.

If Tomlin has Duck throw the ball horizontally all game again then Pit could lose to anyone (Jets included). Any chance Harbaugh rests LJ in week 17 vs Pit? I believe they could have the 1 seed locked up if they beat Clev and NE loses to Buffalo this week. It would probably make sense to rest him a bit but against their hated rival I’m just not sure.

If Tomlin has Duck throw the ball horizontally all game again then Pit could lose to anyone (Jets included). Any chance Harbaugh rests LJ in week 17 vs Pit? I believe they could have the 1 seed locked up if they beat Clev and NE loses to Buffalo this week. It would probably make sense to rest him a bit but against their hated rival I’m just not sure.
I read earlier in the week they would rest him

C-man as long as Balti wins one of the last two games they get #1 regardless of what NE does. If Balti beats the Clowns this weekend they could stay home week 17 & still have #1 because they have the head to head over NE which is the first tie-breaker.

Back