Henry is hangin the boots up afte Euro 2008....

CapTwo

Richmond Local TV Legend
:smiley_acbe:

France striker Thierry Henry has admitted that the prospect of retiring from international football after next month's Euro 2008 tournament has crossed his mind.

1108949141.jpg

"I have thought about retiring after Euro 2008," Henry told French sports daily L'Equipe. "I'm not going to say I'm not thinking about it. I'm 31 and I'm a forward."
Henry, who will actually turn 31 in August, has scored a French record 44 goals from 98 internationals and is regarded as one of his country's most potent weapons at the June 7-29 finals in Austria and Switzerland.
Despite enduring a frustrating first season at Barcelona, Henry said he expected to stay at the Spanish club but could not be certain.
"Will I stay at Barca next season?" Henry asked. "I have three years left in my contract so, for the moment, I'm a Barca player. Then again, so many things are being said over there.
"For the moment, I'm at Barca and I'm focused on Euro 2008. For the rest, we will see."
The striker also said he believed France, drawn with Italy, the Netherlands and Romania in a challenging Group C, could win the European title.
"We have a side capable of winning but we must take our first game against Romania very seriously," he said.

Good. One of the most overrated strikers to ever play the game.

He was a whiner, a sore loser, and a shitty teammate off the field too.
Just an arrogant prick who thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread

And dont come to the MLS when barcelona cans your ass either. Please do not pass go and collect $200.

Last edited:
How old is this fool....

He should atleast play for some smaller league (Greek - Ukranian - Portuguese ) just because he will be able to attract more people to the stands to watch a game...

He still has skill, but Benzema is the future for France and Henry knows this. To his credit though, he has been very supportive of the young phenom.

I was extremely surprised that they kept Trezeguet out of the 22 man squad... he's a great "up-top" man..

CapNumerTwo...... Wow!!!

You really went over the bar with that statement......

"To ever play the game"

My god...........

Just a quick question........ since when have you been watching the game......?????

Cause its been over 35 years since i started watching soccer regularly, and I could enlist you 30 players that where much more overrated than Titi......

im a bit over the top sometimes bro.... when my personal bias comes into play

as you saw there.

of course hes not the most overrated strikers in the history of the game.
probably not even top 20, but for this day and age, yes. he was a big disappointment IMO, barring from helping france win the cup in 98.
but he didnt even play in the final against brazi, remmeber. not even as a sub.
zidane won the game for them.

he never won FIFA player of the year and will probably never win a champions league title

Henry was big for France at Euro 2000 and was the best player in the world when Arsenal went undefeated in the Premiership.

Now that he's picked up some serious hamstring injuries and lost a lot of his speed, he's not as dangerous.

But he's still got a bit left in the tank.

Yeah no prob man.....

but as Greencastle said, he really was a big or THE BIG part of the 2000 Euro Champions team, as well as that team that won the 2001 Confederations Cup, and virtually carried Arsenal to the Champions League final a Couple of years ago........

He has been a letdown since he left Arsenal, but many of the players that leave their teams for money end up being a disapointment.......

Well, I actually like Henry, and were I him I'd come over to the MLS and cash in. You know they'd pay him a ton of money, the competition's not that good so he'd still produce, and he'd still rack up the endorsements.

He likely won't do that, but he could.

Well, I actually like Henry, and were I him I'd come over to the MLS and cash in. You know they'd pay him a ton of money, the competition's not that good so he'd still produce, and he'd still rack up the endorsements.

He likely won't do that, but he could.

In a-way myman I bet you that an offer like that will never happen because the US doesn't want MLS to become number 1. They are afraid. They are trying but I don't see anything like this happening ever again like it did w/ PELE. Becham is the closest that we're going to get..

CapNumberTwo check what Thierry has been doin in Arsenal, check how many goals he scored already....i dont think its fair to say his overrated, recent seasons werent good for him but i still have respect for him for the past, i even remember when he started in AS Monaco, pure talent...

Back