Help me solve a debate....

Is Kevin Love a hall of famer ?

No. I mean he’s got the ring. I think his career stats/ranks are down because he basically hasn’t played consistently in years. Maybe another ring via chase or a couple 20-10 seasons on a bad team and the narrative changes.

No. I mean he’s got the ring. I think his career stats/ranks are down because he basically hasn’t played consistently in years. Maybe another ring via chase or a couple 20-10 seasons on a bad team and the narrative changes.

Exactly what I thought

He would have been had he stayed In Minnesota and kept putting up the numbers he did there, even if he never won a ring, just led a couple playoff appearances. His career took a massive hit going to Cleveland

He would have been had he stayed In Minnesota and kept putting up the numbers he did there, even if he never won a ring, just led a couple playoff appearances. His career took a massive hit going to Cleveland
This is what I would have said but the numbers aren't that much different. 19 points vs 17 points....12 boards vs 10 boards. He's also only played 61 or more games in 5 of 12 seasons. HARD no on the HOF debate.

Good player but not a hall of fame player. But maybe in twenty years they will say he was awesome the way they did with Scottie Pippin

Not sure why you all are so quick too dismiss Love's chances.
Career 18/11 guy
He's top 20 in active win shares, and the only guys ahead of him and younger are sure fire hof'ers like James Harden and Kevin Durant.
His career comparability players at this point are Billy Cunningham, Vern Mickellsen,George McCinnis and Cliff Hagen- all HOFers
He's white (that's the conspiracy theorist in me coming out here).
And his HOF probably as per Basketball reference is > 75% , he's ahead of a lot of current HOF players. Another 2-3 good years and I think he's at least 80/20 to get in.

He may not currently pass the eye test, and is buried on a terrible team, but he's more than a fringe worthy candidate for sure.

The NBA HOF is weird. Theres a huge push to have Iguodala in. I think that is just crazy; a great role player does not make a HOF'er imo. IDK. Love deserves the conversation but imo HOF in all sports should be for players who you look forward to telling your kids and grandkids about. Love (nor Iggy) fits that bill

The NBA HOF is weird. Theres a huge push to have Iguodala in. I think that is just crazy; a great role player does not make a HOF'er imo. IDK. Love deserves the conversation but imo HOF in all sports should be for players who you look forward to telling your kids and grandkids about. Love (nor Iggy) fits that bill
It's not an NBA hall of Fame, it's a basketball Hof. I guess I need to relook at his UCLA career to make a final decision. Let's see, one year of 17-10. Not bad...but doesn't help anything.

HOF gotta get back to being the elite of elites. NFL too. Why water it down where it's even questionable.

Dude Love (for you WWE fans) is no HOF'er

i agree with the takes above....HOF is for the Elite not the "meh" with ok stat lines

And the debate continues lol. My buddies (who loved the love trade, I didn’t) are now Obsessed saying he’s a sure thing. And I just don’t see it. He put up decent numbers on a bad Minnesota team and then jumped on the bandwagon is the third wheel. They argue all his USA gold medals, a ring, multiple all stars

And the debate continues lol. My buddies (who loved the love trade, I didn’t) are now Obsessed saying he’s a sure thing. And I just don’t see it. He put up decent numbers on a bad Minnesota team and then jumped on the bandwagon is the third wheel. They argue all his USA gold medals, a ring, multiple all stars
Yeah man, they are way off here... Like he won't even be considered at all to be honest.

Yeah man, they are way off here... Like he won't even be considered at all to be honest.

I agree. I did see some site where they broke down a bunch of players % of getting in it it had him as a 67%

If your buddies are white it's self explanatory.

White NBA fans need their 'guy', have been looking for their messiah since Bird.

Breaking news it ain't Mr Banana Republic.

Back