Hello Friends, Welcome to the NFL 2023

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
Hope everyone had a great offseason, and you are all well in your personal lives.

Same as last year, I will post in the weekly threads and I will occasionally have my own, but if you want to brainstorm/talk shop individually, please send me a PM

Shout out to all the OGs who I value greatly here. I would be remiss if I tried to name everyone, but the old timers know how I feel about them

Week 1 thoughts...

This angle was gold last year and sticking with it.

11 teams sat their QB for the whole preseason in 2022. In week 1, those teams went 3-8. 2 of those 3 wins were because they played another team in the same situation and someone had to win.

This year we have 9.

Detroit
Minnesota
Chargers
Baltimore
Cincy
Philadelphia
Rams
Dallas
Tennessee

I will not be playing any of these teams.

I have a lot of respect for the Lions. I like the program they are building. I think the line obviously has Jones/Kelce being out baked into it. I still would be leery of betting against #15 when there's something to prove. Oh he's had Tyreek, oh he has Reid, oh he has Kelce... When Jerrick McKinnon and Skyy Moore combine for 300 all purpose yards tonight, people will be like "Why did I doubt them?" Or they'll get smoked.. One or the other lol

For the others I have leans to the Giants, Texans, Patriots, and slightly to Tampa in the only time I might do so all year. I'll be around this week.

I am on Seattle -5.5

Go Chiefs

Card:

Seattle -5.5
Houston +10
Cleveland +8.5/ Pitt +8.5/ Washington -1 6pt tease +160
Tampa +6
Giants +3.5 -118

Last edited:
Ya that stat is interesting

Seahawks should be fun on offense this year, probably the best skill position player group Carroll has ever had

Hope everyone had a great offseason, and you are all well in your personal lives.

Same as last year, I will post in the weekly threads and I will occasionally have my own, but if you want to brainstorm/talk shop individually, please send me a PM

Shout out to all the OGs who I value greatly here. I would be remiss if I tried to name everyone, but the old timers know how I feel about them

Week 1 thoughts...

This angle was gold last year and sticking with it.

11 teams sat their QB for the whole preseason in 2022. In week 1, those teams went 3-8. 2 of those 3 wins were because they played another team in the same situation and someone had to win.

This year we have 9.

Detroit
Minnesota
Chargers
Baltimore
Cincy
Philadelphia
Rams
Dallas
Tennessee

I will not be playing any of these teams.

I have a lot of respect for the Lions. I like the program they are building. I think the line obviously has Jones/Kelce being out baked into it. I still would be leery of betting against #15 when there's something to prove. Oh he's had Tyreek, oh he has Reid, oh he has Kelce... When Jerrick McKinnon and Skyy Moore combine for 300 all purpose yards tonight, people will be like "Why did I doubt them?" Or they'll get smoked.. One or the other lol

For the others I have leans to the Giants, Texans, Patriots, and slightly to Tampa in the only time I might do so all year. I'll be around this week.

I am on Seattle -5.5

Go Chiefs
3-8 SU or ATS?

Interesting week 1 angle Cap. However, to my knowledge the Pats didn't play Mac at all in the pre season.

Back