Heisman Winner Discussion Thread

Basically the top 4 in odds entering last week, so makes sense.

Young won it last week. There will be no drama here at all.

Absolute bullshit. Praise Hutch, justly so, for leading an awesome Michigan defense but then forget what Walker did against that defense.

What good defense did Pickett ever dominate against???

Absolute bullshit. Praise Hutch, justly so, for leading an awesome Michigan defense but then forget what Walker did against that defense.

What good defense did Pickett ever dominate against???
We know Heisman is about QBs

He's not the first RB, nor will be the last to not get the nod.

3rd place team is ultimately what hurt him here.

Great season and likely 1st round pick. Lots to be proud of.

We know Heisman is about QBs

He's not the first RB, nor will be the last to not get the nod.

3rd place team is ultimately what hurt him here.

Great season and likely 1st round pick. Lots to be proud of.
Breece will be b2b 1st team AA and not one person in ISU land made mention of the Heisman

It's just understood, be a QB or on a championship team....or both

All about where they landed on votes anyway, guessing people who voted for Anderson voted for Bryce above him anyway

Comparing stats of a LB vs a DE seems like comparing a RB vs WR, they just aren't close to the same position

All about where they landed on votes anyway, guessing people who voted for Anderson voted for Bryce above him anyway

Comparing stats of a LB vs a DE seems like comparing a RB vs WR, they just aren't close to the same position
Depends also on the scheme right?

Crazy there 2 defensive players being talked about. Isnt is usually a bunch of qbs and one rb or wr? This year was a little different but I’d think other than young shouldnt Pickett be a finalist? I could see stroud also.

Somewhat, but rarely does a dominant OLB demand double teams whereas a dominant DE will see them constantly
They play the same position. DE in a 4-3 is essentially the same as the OLB in 3-4, especially because we are in nickel 90% of the time. And Anderson is doubled on nearly every play. I think Hutchinson is very deserving. It is ludicrous to not include Anderson as well

Clemson was losing to everyone on the road, you going to give Devin Leary the same credit, too?

Sure bud. Leary is obviously just as good as Pickett. Dunno why you wanna trash a kid who obviously deserves to be there just cause your guy not. Don’t be a fan boy, you better than that.

Sure bud. Leary is obviously just as good as Pickett. Dunno why you wanna trash a kid who obviously deserves to be there just cause your guy not. Don’t be a fan boy, you better than that.
Ok bud, be Pickett’s fan boy and give him credit for beating a down Clemson team at home while nor caring that Leary did the same thing. Not a lot of self-awareness in this post. Walker put up ridiculous numbers against a solid Michigan D

Ok bud, be Pickett’s fan boy and give him credit for beating a down Clemson team at home while nor caring that Leary did the same thing. Not a lot of self-awareness in this post. Walker put up ridiculous numbers against a solid Michigan D

So you think Leary compares favorably to Pickett? That says it all. Pickett didn’t just beat clemson, you said he didn’t play a good defense so I pointed out that was incorrect. He also won the acc and put up redic numbers carrying his team, Did Leary do that?

Take Pickett off pitt and pitt not playing in New Years 6. But hey good news, we will get to see it play out when Pickett and Pitt crush walker and sparty.

Walker can show me I’m wrong and you right by running all over pitt and beating them!! You can pretty much pencil Pickett in for 350+ and 4tds in that game. Walker be lucky to have 80.

You know both things can be true. I’m not trying to argue against walker, I think he deserving of a nod, that doesn’t mean Pickett isn’t tho.

You know both things can be true. I’m not trying to argue against walker, I think he deserving of a nod, that doesn’t mean Pickett isn’t tho.
What's the nod? I don't even get it or why anyone cares

It's the top 4 vote getters, there's no nod. This isn't some opinion invite, it's based on votes

So you think Leary compares favorably to Pickett? That says it all. Pickett didn’t just beat clemson, you said he didn’t play a good defense so I pointed out that was incorrect. He also won the acc and put up redic numbers carrying his team, Did Leary do that?
I didn‘t say Leary was better than Pickett I just brought up Leary to show an inconsistency in your thinking. Wow the acc

Back