Hedging Denver to win it all bet

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
I have a 14-1 ticket on Denver to win it all and want to hedge a good portion. Thoughts? Suggestions?:shake:

I agree, lay the -200. You could also buy down to -2 (if you can get about -170) for half your hedge so your average hedge is about -185. Helps a little bit.

Roll that shit or buy the -200 for 1 unit and free roll the game. Seems like this is the perfect scenario though, you got what you wanted. Why hedge off?

Thanks for the thoughts....So here is what I think I am going to do. Invest a little in Carolina ML, and then have 500 (at most) in a South Point account so I can just live bet, especially if Denver can score first.

Here's an idea,but not as safe as the basic Carolina ML lay....and you asked for other options,so I'll throw this out there....Cam to win MVP at -120?...I dont see another offensive player taking that home...and your sweat would be one of their defensive guys having a Larry Brown or Dexter Jackson type game.

Here's an idea,but not as safe as the basic Carolina ML lay....and you asked for other options,so I'll throw this out there....Cam to win MVP at -120?...I dont see another offensive player taking that home...and your sweat would be one of their defensive guys having a Larry Brown or Dexter Jackson type game.

This is a great option. If Carolina wins, Cam will be MVP.

I like that...Thanks

I'm in same boat w/ Denver future +1400 and want to hedge/play off of, been thinking all week but may make some cross sports ml parlays. Maybe use some CBB tomorrow and during the week, any NBA or NHL you like during the week, invest in ml parlays is my best thought, and live option like you mentioned, I'm even thinking possibly Den plus pts could be a consideration since future is like a ml play.

Also considering this

I'm not hedging, I'm playing off my future, I certainly understand the difference which is why I worded it the way I did.

if manning throws 3-4 INTs like he usually does in playoff games...a defensive player could easily win MVP

That isn't a hedge though. A hedge reduces worst case scenario risk.

Thats what I originally thought too but Webster proved me incorrect :(

This is one reason I dislike playing futures. They make you think too much. Not good.

Thats what I originally thought too but Webster proved me incorrect :(

This is one reason I dislike playing futures. They make you think too much. Not good.

Webster:

a means of protection or defense (as against financial loss)

Webster is what we call a layperson in this case, lol.

Back