Hawaii at Florida....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Sup fellas....

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some summation since I only post in season.....review my post history to 2003 if you wanna know my general history....Nailed my last 3 plays, all $1,000 (max)....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Finished my 6<SUP>th</SUP> season capping basketball on a high note with two $1,000 plays on NMSU -8/-14 over Hawaii. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Entering my 6<SUP>th</SUP> season capping football off another high note with a $1,000 play on the Under in the Sugar Bowl. LINK. I predicted Hawaii's offensive line would get exposed and that Colt Brennan would get sacked at least 5 times; he got sacked 7 times in the first half....:popcorn:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I predicted a year and a half ago and told people to bookmark and bump my post if I am wrong, that Hawaii would go undefeated and UNDESERVEDLY go to a BCS game (the BCS is a joke, if you dont play anyone you shouldn't go to it). Thanks for the $4.5 Million anyway....we need it......[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My first post last year, I reiterated that Hawaii would go undefeated but would be awful against the spread, because everyone knows about them....they were awful against the spread....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My general call on Hawaii before this season starts: Hawaii will have a .500 or losing record, but have a .500 or better record against the spread. (People are overly down on Hawaii this year).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My Pick and Reasons Why:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hawaii +35 ½[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Make no mistake, I know that Florida is superior to Hawaii by HUGE margins. The SWAMP is brutal...the following is rationale why it may be closer than people think:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Everyone knows in my post history that I lurk opposing teams newspapers and message boards to garner information. Read the Florida press....Florida Coach Urban Meyer has already stated, he will NOT open up the playbook. Why show the SEC what he's got now? IF Meyer goes along these lines, why risk injury to starters before the brutal SEC season? Tebow has won the Heisman, why risk injury when they are up by 4 TDs? This could be a get in, kick ass, and get out healthy game for them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Hawaii returns nearly their entire defense from last year including 3 potential NFL linebackers in Elmimian, Leonard, and Soares (check the numbers on these PAC-10 Recruits). Hawaii finished Top 30 in Defense last year because of these guys, a 10 man rotating Samoan Defensive line, a sure NFL CB from Texas, Ryan Mouton, and now a highly touted Oregon CB. Did Georgia really beat up these guys? Check the box score and rushing numbers. Hawaii's defense was on the field the whole damn game and had to defend against 6 turnovers, offensive turnovers for touchdowns, a 90 yard run back.... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Florida WILL cut through Hawaii's defense, I have zero doubt, but don't think the #1 defense in the WAC that led the nation in knocking opponents players out of games is going to just roll over...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- In my basketball posts and football posts, I stress that it is important for Hawaii to assimilate to the mainland. Give Hawaii enough time up there, and they will cover the spread. I said pound Hawaii +17 at Alabama a couple years ago, that Hawaii was just cruising up there waiting for the game...Hawaii is cruising at Ex-Hawaii Coach Paul Johnson's new home at Georgia Tech as we speak.....A short ride from Atlanta to the SWAMP the night before....[/FONT]

- [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Line value.....geezus, from 27 on bookmaker to 35 ½? Ok, I will bite.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am not high on Hawaii at all, especially the offense and offensive line. By the way, THIS IS NOT JUNE JONE'S OFFENSE. THIS IS QB UNDER CENTER AND MORE RUNNING.....This is a pure value bet on a lot of over reaction.......[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is to Florida and Urban Meyer saying “f%$k this, let's get out of here healthy and win the SEC”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Florida 45 Hawaii 13[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As always, cap for yourself and good luck in whatever you play....this is a Medium Play[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hawaii +35 ½ 550 to win 500[/FONT]

:36_11_6:

I've been looking forward to this post for quite sometime and it did not disappoint. I'm happy you were able to get 35.5 That could be huge. Good to see you around HG. Look forward to reading your threads all year

been waiting for this...great shit as always. thank you much hawaiiguy...this has gotten on my radar with the line jump since open. gl bud

nice writeup as always.... ironically i pulled the trigger 5 hours ago on hawaii myself and for many of the same reasons.

hope you are right big guy.

BOL Hawaiiguy :cheers:

I do like the play for the reason that this team will run the clock more, but I don't like the fact that their 4th string QB is starting. Have to stay away here so I'll be hoping for your cover. :shake:

Thanks guys...

Just was listening to a Florida Radio guy......

Didn't realize it....but FLorida has a look ahead game next week after Hawaii....

Miami Hurricanes.......

more than likely this will def be a backdoor cover with that huge spread. i can see fla being up bu 20-30 pts and all the island boys gotta do is kick a fg or score something and we should be able to cover.

BOL HG!!

I wish you were going the other way on this one, HG.

If the line moves significantly the other way, I'll take the Gators, but nothing over 30, preferably I could get around--may have to tease or just stay off.

Thanks for the post and good luck.

Sup fellas....

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some summation since I only post in season.....review my post history to 2003 if you wanna know my general history....Nailed my last 3 plays, all $1,000 (max)....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Finished my 6<sup>th</sup> season capping basketball on a high note with two $1,000 plays on NMSU -8/-14 over Hawaii. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Entering my 6<sup>th</sup> season capping football off another high note with a $1,000 play on the Under in the Sugar Bowl. LINK. I predicted Hawaii's offensive line would get exposed and that Colt Brennan would get sacked at least 5 times; he got sacked 7 times in the first half....:popcorn:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I predicted a year and a half ago and told people to bookmark and bump my post if I am wrong, that Hawaii would go undefeated and UNDESERVEDLY go to a BCS game (the BCS is a joke, if you dont play anyone you shouldn't go to it). Thanks for the $4.5 Million anyway....we need it......[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My first post last year, I reiterated that Hawaii would go undefeated but would be awful against the spread, because everyone knows about them....they were awful against the spread....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My general call on Hawaii before this season starts: Hawaii will have a .500 or losing record, but have a .500 or better record against the spread. (People are overly down on Hawaii this year).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My Pick and Reasons Why:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hawaii +35 ½[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Make no mistake, I know that Florida is superior to Hawaii by HUGE margins. The SWAMP is brutal...the following is rationale why it may be closer than people think:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Everyone knows in my post history that I lurk opposing teams newspapers and message boards to garner information. Read the Florida press....Florida Coach Urban Meyer has already stated, he will NOT open up the playbook. Why show the SEC what he's got now? IF Meyer goes along these lines, why risk injury to starters before the brutal SEC season? Tebow has won the Heisman, why risk injury when they are up by 4 TDs? This could be a get in, kick ass, and get out healthy game for them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Hawaii returns nearly their entire defense from last year including 3 potential NFL linebackers in Elmimian, Leonard, and Soares (check the numbers on these PAC-10 Recruits). Hawaii finished Top 30 in Defense last year because of these guys, a 10 man rotating Samoan Defensive line, a sure NFL CB from Texas, Ryan Mouton, and now a highly touted Oregon CB. Did Georgia really beat up these guys? Check the box score and rushing numbers. Hawaii's defense was on the field the whole damn game and had to defend against 6 turnovers, offensive turnovers for touchdowns, a 90 yard run back.... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Florida WILL cut through Hawaii's defense, I have zero doubt, but don't think the #1 defense in the WAC that led the nation in knocking opponents players out of games is going to just roll over...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- In my basketball posts and football posts, I stress that it is important for Hawaii to assimilate to the mainland. Give Hawaii enough time up there, and they will cover the spread. I said pound Hawaii +17 at Alabama a couple years ago, that Hawaii was just cruising up there waiting for the game...Hawaii is cruising at Ex-Hawaii Coach Paul Johnson's new home at Georgia Tech as we speak.....A short ride from Atlanta to the SWAMP the night before....[/FONT]

- [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Line value.....geezus, from 27 on bookmaker to 35 ½? Ok, I will bite.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am not high on Hawaii at all, especially the offense and offensive line. By the way, THIS IS NOT JUNE JONE'S OFFENSE. THIS IS QB UNDER CENTER AND MORE RUNNING.....This is a pure value bet on a lot of over reaction.......[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is to Florida and Urban Meyer saying “f%$k this, let's get out of here healthy and win the SEC”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Florida 45 Hawaii 13[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As always, cap for yourself and good luck in whatever you play....this is a Medium Play[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hawaii +35 ½ 550 to win 500[/FONT]

:36_11_6:

While I have bet this early at -33.5 on Florida, I respect your insight on the Hawaii team. This number is still off and 35.5 shouldnt be enough to cover.

The true line here IMO, is 38, but I would like to see us BOTH win here so good luck.

Just read where they STILL arent sure who's starting for Hawaii, so thats NOT a good thing for the Bows...

:shake:

Good Write-UP HAWAII! I also heard Florida has 2 key players out for the opening season, also questionable for week 2 against hurricanes.

Good news for you HG Percy Harvin and LB Brandon Spikes are both out for this weekend's game.

I like the pick, but am a tad more interested in the team total for florida to go under the number.

UF without MLB Spikes (leader and best player on D) and playmaker Harvin:

"Two of Florida's three best players won't open the season with their teammates.
Coach Urban Meyer confirmed after Wednesday's practice that WR Percy Harvin and LB Brandon Spikes will probably not play on Saturday against Hawaii. Harvin has been nursing a bad right heel all preseason, while Spikes hurt his right toe last week. Spikes was seen walking out of Wednesday's practice with a slight limp. A source close to Harvin said the dynamic playmaker was "about 75 to 80 percent" as of late last week.
Meyer said he doesn't know about their status for the Miami game on Sept. 6.
More notes to come, but I wanted to get you the skinny: That Save Tebow, UF is lacking some major star power right now."

Of larger cocern for Gator fans is the possibility that Harvin could miss the SEC opener @ Tennessee:

"Looks like Percy Harvin's status on his injured heel is turning into a Southeastern Conference conversation, maybe longer.
In an effort to prevent further injury on a right heel that was "about 75 to 80 percent" as of late last week, Harvin will likely miss the first two games and possibly the SEC opener at Tennessee while easing into a return with limited action, according to a source close to Harvin. Missing three games would set up Harvin for a Sept. 27 return at home against Ole Miss.
Harvin hoped to get the heel close to 100 percent by early last week but couldn't, according to Tom Anderson, Harvin's former track coach at Landstown (Va.) High School who spoke with Harvin and his mother, Linda Harvin, about the injury. No signs of an immediate full recovery coupled with the nature of Harvin's unique surgery in April -- which shaved off bone from the heel in order to stall an abnormal growth -- has prompted Harvin's family and the Gators to be extra cautious, Anderson said.
"Maybe after game three or so, they’ll make sure he's fully ready to go," Anderson said. "It depends on how he feels. There's too much to risk. (Linda) felt the same way. She didn't want to rush him just to have him back for the first game or two. It's a touch-and-go situation."
It's possible there's "a spiritual thing going on" that could make Harvin better earlier, Anderson said. Coach Urban Meyer hasn't announced Harvin's status for the Hawaii game in the Swamp. Meyer said last week Harvin might play against the Warriors. Harvin hasn't been available for comment all preseason.
Harvin headlines an all-star list of injured Gators that includes All-SEC linebacker Brandon Spikes (right foot) and tight end Cornelius Ingram, who is out for the season with a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Spikes is listed as questionable for Hawaii.
Harvin, a Heisman Trophy candidate with 1,622 total offensive yards last year, is eager to get on the field and display his new combination of size and speed. Anderson said the 5-11 Harvin is approaching 209 pounds. He's been reported at anywhere from 199 to 204 in the last month. UF strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti said Harvin has been able to preserve his game-changing speed throughout his workout program.
A full recovery from injury is supposed to relieve Harvin of the heel pain that has plagued him for the last two years.
“He’s the kind of guy, his pain tolerance is very high," Anderson said. "And with his new size, he can be scary good. But he wants to make sure he’s 100 percent.”

Always appreciate your post HG, hard to believe another cfb season is here already, gl on all your action & thanks for posting:cheers:

looking at it.. no hurry as it looks like the number will rise..

good info as always:cheers:

Let's see....first game on the ESPN Gameplan in approximately 9 hours...what's better than a HG Bows tail to kick off the 2008 CFB Saturday slate. GL bud. :cheers:

HG - Always enjoy your comprehensive posts. GL on the season and today :cheers:

Back