Hawaii +14

Plus the head coach has been sick and diagnosed with a serious malady.

Not sure whether he is back coaching yet.

But I don't see much good about Hawaii either, especially since the guy who should be starting at QB for them left for Oklahoma State.

I have been considering Hawaii as well. Based on the style of play and last years game, the over has to be considered, if you think Hawaii is scoring.

Last years game

CSU first half drives:
4 TD
1 FG
1 1 play drive as half expires
0 Punts
CSU second half drives
3 Td
2 Punts

team total for CSU should be about 36 or 37 at kickoff.
team total for Hawaii should be about 22 or 23 at kickoff.

212 of their yards were Stevens to Gallup (both gonzo).

And Hawaii did put up a lot of yards in that game.

What do you think about a Hawaii team total over?

Hurricane heading for the islands. Team will be gone before it hits, but serves as a potential distraction.

I am normally looking for dogs like this, I am just not sure I see anything in Hawaii I like or am familiar with yet. But hope they make the game somewhat competitive so it is better to watch.

I have soured on Hawaii scoring after looking at it some more, after discussing with multiple other people. I should probably refrain from commenting on anything until I bet it.

Best of luck whatever you do.

Hurricane heading for the islands. Team will be gone before it hits, but serves as a potential distraction.

I am normally looking for dogs like this, I am just not sure I see anything in Hawaii I like or am familiar with yet. But hope they make the game somewhat competitive so it is better to watch.
Did they/are they leaving early?

This hurricane thing is kinda like the Texans early last season? Too busy thinking about family at home to concentrate

Anyone using the hurricane as an angle, remember this is college and most of the players don't have family that live there

You never know which way those off-the-field potential distractions are going to go until after really. Will it matter? Or will does the game prep and actual game give them a focus for something else other than thinking about the hurricane. Normally I think KJ would be right about alot of kids not being from the state or area of their school, but Hawaii tends to be different based on how they recruit. According to the media guide, almost half their players, 46 are listed as from Hawaii compared to 57 from the mainland or elsewhere.

Not a really good game to bet in my opinion. Like others have said, why should CSU be favored by so many over a conference foe? But then UH would appear so much of an unknown coming into this year it is hard to say just what kind of execution they are going to be coming with. I have no angles in this game. Would like to hear anyone who does, but going to be hard to know what to expect from UH. Didn't there used to be a Hawaii fan here?

Man this line keeps going up and up, now 17.5 at BM. Wondering how high it is going to go as I am starting to get a little tempted to take a look at Hawaii but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger as I just don't see how they keep up. No value on CSU in my opinion though as 17.5 is too high for my tastes.

as long as it isn't blow out city at the half I would take the Rams 2H. Hawaii will play better in the first half than they do in the 2H. I am wagering the altitude will show its affects in the 2nd half more so than the 1st half. As long as they are with two scores I will be on Col St ats...sometimes these types of obscure games its best to keep it simple and not over analyze. There are a ton of angles in a game like this that you can get caught up in. I am looking at one angle that has shown to be over the years in situations like this...I won't be posting it but I will be playing it...gl tonight guys

Hawaii appears to have rediscovered how to move the ball and score points again! Good for Rolo and Co. All of a sudden their September appears competitive and fun to watch. Navy, Rice and Army aren't known for having the best pass Ds.

Reactions: KJ
WELL PLAYED, raems!!! 43-34 Hawaii final @ Fort Collins. closing line in Las Vegas was Hawaii +16 1/2 and moneyline +650 :)

Hawaii appears to have rediscovered how to move the ball and score points again! Good for Rolo and Co. All of a sudden their September appears competitive and fun to watch. Navy, Rice and Army aren't known for having the best pass Ds.

Or is CSU that bad? :)

Or is CSU that bad? :)

Yes. CSU hasn't played D for a couple years now, so there is that - that isn't new. I think last year the bulk of UH's yards came in the second half vs CSU after the Rams had already built a 31-7 lead. UH O has looked pretty subpar for most of the last several years. So bottom line, CSU D still sucks, UH may've found something to propel them and build off of.

Yes. CSU hasn't played D for a couple years now, so there is that - that isn't new. I think last year the bulk of UH's yards came in the second half vs CSU after the Rams had already built a 31-7 lead. UH O has looked pretty subpar for most of the last several years. So bottom line, CSU D still sucks, UH may've found something to propel them and build off of.

Hawaii has the one good receiver. Otherwise, I think they are pretty easy to stop. Well, assuming you aren't CSU

Back