Has there ever been a more magical string of 4th qtr comebacks like this?

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I want to know if anyone can remember a more magical run than this one in the nfl? I can't off the top of my head. I know as a Raider fan that Blanda had a run of late game heroics for them but I don't think that compares to this .. ... I just can't think of a string of spectacular comebacks where a team just physically wears down an opponent with their QB running it and then scores on them late when they are tired and beaten up by his physical play and that of his teammates. Even more shocking is how below average that defense was and how the style of running it protected them. Anyway .. I just can't remember a run like this one .... my favorite part of the video is when Urlacher says Tebow is a good fullback. which is great because that means he and his teammates on defense are so bad that they just got defeated by an opponent with a fb playing qb.

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vKYr6QrqJFY" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
Note the beginning of the video ... where he almost makes a miraculous comeback against the Chargers when he came off the bench to replace Orton. So it was almost even more incredible. Where does Tebow rank as an alltime great in the clutch and 4th qtr?

ya his playoff loss was probably because of new England cheating too .. forgot about that. good point.

That run Harbaugh had with the Colts late season was pretty impressive. Can't remember if they were all 4th quarter though...

tebow's run was the first time since the mid 90's i got to be emotionally invested in an NFL team. shit was so much fun.

tebow's run was the first time since the mid 90's i got to be emotionally invested in an NFL team. shit was so much fun.

Same. I know betting has jaded me from a fan perspective and I admit as a Raider fan it has been hard to get too excited since the Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay. But I was cheering so hard and with such emotion for him that I was cheering for a rival to win, as the Raiders were competing in that division that year.

I loved it so much that I made a point of watching first take every Monday just to watch Stephen A. Smith have to eat crow for two months straight. Not that I dislike him or anything but it was just great television (in a bad way but I loved it).

I loved it so much that I made a point of watching first take every Monday just to watch Stephen A. Smith have to eat crow for two months straight. Not that I dislike him or anything but it was just great television (in a bad way but I loved it).
I also remember kordell Stewart going nuts on tebow,straight hate. He was so angry over tebow winning for some reason

and Peytons are far more impressive when you look because of just those 14 total over 2 years, the other team had over 17 points 12 times

where in Tebows run of comebacks, that phenomenal Denver defense held opponents to 15 or less in 4 of the 6 games, and Timmy put up less than 210 total yards (air and ground) in 3 of the 6 games

imagine if they had a real QB, could have won those games by double digits

I had to endure the Jake Plummer era. Hate crediting comebacks with a passion. The really good ones didn't put themselves in a position to have to come back.

And Trent Dilfer has as many rings as Manning. Arguably a better, smarter QB. Didn't suck as often in key moments, that's for sure.

I'd take Tebs over Manziel though. At least I'd get some effort. And a better athlete. And a better arm.

If Tebow could play, he'd be in the league. The NFL isn't picky.

tim-tebow-running-rain-o.gif

Back