Has Anyone Noticed Anything telling in Preseason yet?

I think the "Rams are hot/on the rise" may be premature

Also, Michael Sam might be pretty good

The professional level is not going to be much different for JFF. He looked completely fine in the moment last night. No matter how good Hoyer plays the Browns are gonna have a hard time keeping JFF off the field.

Drew Brees is going to have a lot of fun with Cooks.

The raiders are still completely lacking in the discipline dept. some of their penalties were just ridiculous.

I agree with twink about the rams. They are on the rise.

I think the bills offense is going to move the ball this season. Offensive line is big, Spiller looks healthy as ever. Ej has weapons and everyone is already down on him. Still worried about them in the redone but i think that offense will surprise.

On the other side of the ball, the bills defense will come in severely overrated imo. Don't trust that secondary against teams that can really sling it. Gilmore got straight roasted on the td he let up, really don't think he is living up to the hype. We have raw talent in the secondary, but i still view it as a weakness.

Like Houston.....how the fuck does a team get shutout?

that was pure shit. Starts from coaching, if you can call it that.

Here is who I blame in this order.

Coach: better do something quick or he will be gone!...Oh wait, this is the Texans, I'm surprised O'Brien hasnt got a contract extension after that first game!
Secondary: Holy fuk they are bad! 4 monkeys could have done better back there! Or 2 dogs! They would have knocked that ball away! Damn they are bad.
Quarterback: still dont have one
Offense: See quarterback
Fans: "We'll get em next week guys, its only preseason...go Texansssss....Swatt...blah blah blah"
Me: Places $500 wager on under 7.5 wins

JFF is going to have a difficult time in this league when he goes for a bootleg and has an open TE in front of him for the easy first down and doesn't throw and tries to run it in himself...that sequence showed me he's still not mature enough yet...You don't have to do everything for yourself it's a team game..he got the first down by inches with second/third string players chasing him down

I think the bills offense is going to move the ball this season. Offensive line is big, Spiller looks healthy as ever. Ej has weapons and everyone is already down on him. Still worried about them in the redone but i think that offense will surprise.

On the other side of the ball, the bills defense will come in severely overrated imo
. Don't trust that secondary against teams that can really sling it. Gilmore got straight roasted on the td he let up, really don't think he is living up to the hype. We have raw talent in the secondary, but i still view it as a weakness.
I know you know this team, but I figured once Kiko went down that their defense was expected to be down a bit this year with that loss and not as overrated as one might think

JFF is going to have a difficult time in this league when he goes for a bootleg and has an open TE in front of him for the easy first down and doesn't throw and tries to run it in himself...that sequence showed me he's still not mature enough yet...You don't have to do everything for yourself it's a team game..he got the first down by inches with second/third string players chasing him down

The D end was between him and the TE.
A pro would have made that throw. I think it was more not knowing the game at this level, such as what is open in the NFL, as opposed to him trying to do it all himself.

Refs are going to have a huge impact on games by throwing flags anytime a defender even touches a receiver past the 5 yards.

A pro would have made that throw. I think it was more not knowing the game at this level, such as what is open in the NFL, as opposed to him trying to do it all himself.
I saw the play u guys are talking about about.
Manziel didn't throw it b/c the defender most likely would have batted the ball down. So Manziel continued to roll out to get some seperation to make the throw at a different angle and by that time the TE was not open.
The kid still got a 1st down. Geez.

I'm prettty sure the DE was to the left of both of them and the TE was open in the flat...I could be wrong but i rmbr there was an opp..but like you said NFL games will allow him to learn that he can make that toss

Been like this for a few years now
Thought there's a new rule regarding being touched within the first 5 yards

In the past, if a defensive back grabbed a receiver’s jersey, officials had to make a judgment call on whether the grab restricted the receiver. But any grabbing of the jersey this year will result in an automatic flag.

Thought there's a new rule regarding being touched within the first 5 yards

In the past, if a defensive back grabbed a receiver’s jersey, officials had to make a judgment call on whether the grab restricted the receiver. But any grabbing of the jersey this year will result in an automatic flag.

Defenders can be physical with a receiver in the first 5 yards, Riveron said, but they must let the receiver “run free” after that.

The Bengals special teams looked a special kind of inept. Be something to monitor going forward. Darrin Simmons is a pretty good coach so I assume he'll shore it up but it was lets say not good on Thurs.

I'm prettty sure the DE was to the left of both of them and the TE was open in the flat...I could be wrong but i rmbr there was an opp..but like you said NFL games will allow him to learn that he can make that toss

I hope to believe he can make that pass. That touch pass is the kind of thing a LB or CB swoop in and grab on a rookie who is not used to the game .
He can zip the damn thing.
I don't think we'll see a lot of JFF running around any more, which is sad.
That little bootleg on 3rd, where he failed to get the first down, there was two defenders on that side waiting on him.
And this is a preseason game. Not even talking about seasoned vets who know that staying home ,against the flow, is ingrained in their DNA.
Kid's got a lot to learn.
Gonna be fun to watch.
Hopefully, my Browns jersey gets here in the mail soon.

I hope to believe he can make that pass. That touch pass is the kind of thing a LB or CB swoop in and grab on a rookie who is not used to the game .
He can zip the damn thing.
I don't think we'll see a lot of JFF running around any more, which is sad.
That little bootleg on 3rd, where he failed to get the first down, there was two defenders on that side waiting on him.
And this is a preseason game. Not even talking about seasoned vets who know that staying home ,against the flow, is ingrained in their DNA.
Kid's got a lot to learn.
Gonna be fun to watch.
Hopefully, my Browns jersey gets here in the mail soon.
which was one of my points when he ran for the first..ya he got the first...but that was a second/third stringer after him...when you have guys much faster and stronger chasing him he's going to be in a little more trouble... huge learning curve, he can't do what he did against duke in the NFL...interested to see his progression though

I'm not. I'm a Jff fan.

Back to the point at hand.
Due to my weird schedule, I'm watching some of the replays on NFL network.
Do these two teams expect to go into the season with these two QB's?
Chad Henne
Josh McCown.

I haven't looked at the rosters as of this writing.....ok I see Bortles for Jax.
I hate retreads.
I hate teams jacking with their uniforms just cuz they can.

Man how times have changed.....Press likes a JFF type on his Aggies

welcome to the $ec lil ninja

Dallas defense is horrible. Actually, the entire NFC East will have bad defenses this year. Expect plenty of "Overs."

The SF defense will be hurting, especially early in the year. There will be a lot more pressure on Kap this season.

Dallas defense is horrible. Actually, the entire NFC East will have bad defenses this year. Expect plenty of "Overs."

The SF defense will be hurting, especially early in the year. There will be a lot more pressure on Kap this season.

SF expecting a 7 game suspension for Aldon, but maybe Aldon has something super convincing like Ray's wife

that was pure shit. Starts from coaching, if you can call it that.

Here is who I blame in this order.

Coach: better do something quick or he will be gone!...Oh wait, this is the Texans, I'm surprised O'Brien hasnt got a contract extension after that first game!
Secondary: Holy fuk they are bad! 4 monkeys could have done better back there! Or 2 dogs! They would have knocked that ball away! Damn they are bad.
Quarterback: still dont have one
Offense: See quarterback
Fans: "We'll get em next week guys, its only preseason...go Texansssss....Swatt...blah blah blah"
Me: Places $500 wager on under 7.5 wins
LMAO

this is gold

Wiz, I saw a recap of some of the Texans game......jeebus. Fitzpatrick?

Good to see Luke Joeckel back for the Jags.

I think I am going to blindly play the over in every game that involves two teams from the east, and even games where it's a from the east and another great offense...lots of games in the 30s

I think I am going to blindly play the over in every game that involves two teams from the east, and even games where it's a from the east and another great offense...lots of games in the 30s

Yes. Especially early in the year, when books haven't adjusted rankings yet. One game I'm looking at in week 1 is DAL/SF O48.5.

I'm pretty sure a player that can't run/block /catch in preseason has those same inabilities in the regular season.

:tiphat:

I'm pretty sure a player that can't run/block /catch in preseason has those same inabilities in the regular season.

:tiphat:

The players that can't do that in the preseason don't play in the regular season because they've been cut.

Funny thing I noticed is that JFF gets critiqued virtually every play. No one said he is going to be Joe Montana from day 1' it's a learning process. Bortles, Bridgewater the young qbs are allowed that curve. Seems like JFF doesn't get that.
I say this basically over that 4th down bootleg which he got a first down btw. Critiqued that play by everyone, everywhere.

Funny thing I noticed is that JFF gets critiqued virtually every play. No one said he is going to be Joe Montana from day 1' it's a learning process. Bortles, Bridgewater the young qbs are allowed that curve. Seems like JFF doesn't get that.
I say this basically over that 4th down bootleg which he got a first down btw. Critiqued that play by everyone, everywhere.

Thought John looked great. He'll have to adapt a bit by getting down sooner and sliding instead of head first. But the main take away was that he was more athletic than those 2nd/3rd stringers which is exactly what you wanted to see from him. Next test will be preseason game 3 vs. the starters. I'd assume he'll start that game.

I'm not buying second and third string defensive players as being slow in this league. Shit, look at the Steelers - their starters are old. The backups are probably faster and more athletic.

If you are a team like SD and 2 of your 3 remaining preseason games are vs Sea and Arz, 2 teams you play in the first couple weeks of the regular season, how does that affect your game plan? Do you show a vanilla defense, offense, both? In particular, they play Arz in the 4th preseason game and then turn around and play them again week 1. I guess it goes the same for their opponent, but there are a couple ways to look at it. Do they not show much?

If you are a team like SD and 2 of your 3 remaining preseason games are vs Sea and Arz, 2 teams you play in the first couple weeks of the regular season, how does that affect your game plan? Do you show a vanilla defense, offense, both? In particular, they play Arz in the 4th preseason game and then turn around and play them again week 1. I guess it goes the same for their opponent, but there are a couple ways to look at it. Do they not show much?

There are tapes though, so it's not like they are goign to be hiding too much..I get what you're saying though, I'd think they would keep it fairly simply and rest more of the key players cause if they aren't ready by last pre-season game chances are they will need mroe than one week after to be prepared for the real deal.

every year there are guys who are all the rage in camp and preseason. our job is to determine which are legit and which are not. I think Brandin Cooks is legit. He might actually be overdrafted in fantasy leagues because of the hype, but in terms of just being a great weapon for Brees and pick up some of what Sproles used to do...I think he is gonna be great.

few more random thoughts:

Cordarelle is gonna be a stud this year too.

I think the Giants are in trouble.

Eagles have a great offensive scheme, but the guys they are counting on, maclin and cooper, cant get on the field. something to watch

this wr on arizona from pittsburgh state is crazy skilled....maybe not a fantasy option this year but a guy to keep an eye on

im buying JFF as of now

typical camp talk for Saints...all positive etc

but with you on Cooks...they say he is the deal. TD after TD in camp

typical camp talk for Saints...all positive etc

but with you on Cooks...they say he is the deal. TD after TD in camp

they are generally a good team. aside from the whole bounty gate thing that definitely had an impact, they are a dynamic offense year in and year out. gonna be all over them week 1 most likely

Back