Harlabob...

Wonder how much Money Mark is paying him ?

We preppin' the resumes BAR, gotta be some other forward thinking NBA teams that want to know when they're due a flat spot etc for a fee.

That being said he must not be high rolling with the 'plays' why he took the role.

Dude has always said he'd prepare a better roster than any GM in the league, lets see if it's true.

Take on Bob is he's a smart guy, story is he rolled an 80k or thereabouts bankroll on a 6.5 to 1 Lakers future in 2000 when he was at college and thus was the beginning.

Saved that 80k up working as a skycap (apparently). His old man was/is a successful property developer in Canada.

My bankroll at that age was about 2k. Life was too hectic to save. Could only wish I had a 5 figure bankroll back then when the NBA was 'broken'.

Dude was the primary investor in Wagerstreet months before the Lakers title though.

Wagerstreet was a crooked book especially if you won, limited your ass and had to fight for payouts.

Wagerstreet has since been on sold to the The Greek for a decent price about 10 or so years ago.

You'll never hear him mention it much if at all.

Hard to crosscheck gamblers but the industry needs it's heroes, stories of dudes that were self made by beating the 'man'. That's what fuels degen desire.

My opinion on Bob was right place, right time. Had his drum beat constantly by Boston Bill on ESPN back when Grantland was a thing.

Never touted his shit like that phony RJ Bell and the like and I know he watches the games. Kudos to him.

The plays he has hinted at in recent years on the Tweeter haven't come close to winning.

Intelligent, media savvy guy who made the most of it. True or not so true it's equalled front row seats at Dubs games and now a gig in the league.

Mystique made, imo.

For me as a basketball junkie... It's the little things he'd pick out in games that intrigued me.

Back