Harbaugh 2017

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
How much pressure under is he entering the season?

Is he fine no matter what

If he loses to CUM and finishes 4"3rd in the division again does he start to feel some heat?

He is fine regardless, no heat at all.

Whether or not he wins The Game, at least there will be some impartial officials this time(albeit still of B1G caliber).

Seems to me like he would need 2 years of very substandard results before even questioning it, he's made them relevant again regardless of the OSU game

He is fine regardless, no heat at all.

Whether or not he wins The Game, at least there will be some impartial officials this time(albeit still of B1G caliber).

Yeah I know he's fine but man he's really gotta be putting a ton of personal pressure on himself to win The Game in 2017 b/c if not, then it's back to the horseshoe in 2018 to try and avoid 4 in a row. Dabo lost 5 straight to SoCar so it's obviously not the end of the world but, as competitive as he is, I know that's a game he hates losing

He's totally fine, job security a complete non issue.

First ten win season in a while in 2015, steamrolls an SEC team in a bowl game.

3 losses by a combined 5 points in 2016. Outplayed OSU on a play by play basis and lost a coinflip against an FSU team entering next season as a top 5 team.

Dominant recruiting effort this year (supposedly).

They're replacing a lot next year, but with the recruiting classes I'd expect them to be fine.

Don't let the fact that you don't like him personally impact your judgement of what's been an objectively good job so far.

He's totally fine, job security a complete non issue.

First ten win season in a while in 2015, steamrolls an SEC team in a bowl game.

3 losses by a combined 5 points in 2016. Outplayed OSU on a play by play basis and lost a coinflip against an FSU team entering next season as a top 5 team.

Dominant recruiting effort this year (supposedly).

They're replacing a lot next year, but with the recruiting classes I'd expect them to be fine.

Don't let the fact that you don't like him personally impact your judgement of what's been an objectively good job so far.

I'll admit I was just trolling

He's done a fantastic job building the program. He's built it pretty fast and I assume the big wins will start coming either this season or the next

Fella better not keep messing with Pete Finebaum! He needs to get a signature win this season - the citrus bowl win over Florida won't hold up as a feather in the cap after 3 seasons.

He'll bolt for the NFL before he gets fired...and hard to imagine him ever getting fired.

But his lack of success relative to the amount he runs his mouth and the amount of money invested into his program will be a continuing and ever-growing point of discussion amongst fans and media. But discussion doesn't amount to much.

Mods you can lock the thread now. Phyllis and Pete Finebaum have spoken

Phyllis: “Hey, Paul. How you doing? Listen, I’m pissed at hairball. I’m really mad at him. The audacity that that man’s got. Look, he has a good coaching job. He makes millions a year.
Paul: “I think he makes $9 million a year.
Phyllis: “Naughty freaking dah. I don’t really care about that. I’ll tell you what I care about is him keeping his note out of the University of Alabama and his nose away from you. You done nothing to the man, but speak the truth. And everything you say about him as been proven. He’s entitled he thinks. He’s uppity. He thinks he’s better than everybody else. Hairball, you ain’t better than nobody. I’m surprised you even got the coaching job. Your ego, your ego goes hundreds of feet up in the air. God, is anyone going to bring you down? You would probably pop before you hit the ground. You would be nothing but a big fat balloon because that’s all your full of is hot air. And don’t you be after Paul and don’t you dare come down on the University of Alabama. I will eat your ass for lunch and I can make that a promise. Paul are you there?
Paul: “I am, I am listening to every word and nodding my head.”
Phyllis: “I’m sorry. I just got so mad at him a while ago. Especially seeing the newspapers.”
Paul: “Phyllis, let me say this. He didn’t physically assault me, he just took a shot at me in a tweet.”
Phyllis: “I don’t care. It was wrong of him to do that. Very wrong of him to do that. And then assuming that we are cheating and other teams are cheating. They haven’t won a national championship in a while. How do we know their nothing but a bunch of cheaters? How do we know that for a fact? We don’t.”
Paul: “They took a player out of Georgia this year, and there were a lot of raised eye brows.”
Phyllis: “I would not doubt that at all. And he’s probably trying to sweep him under the rug by throwing out things at Saban and other coaches around here. He’s out of his freaking mind. Hairball, get on your own field and you leave everybody else’s field alone. They have enough to handle except for your butt. I’ll be on your butt. Don’t you come down here.
Paul: “Man, I would love to see you and Jim Harbaugh meet.”
Phyllis: “No problem. You just name the place and you name the area. I’d love to speak my mind to him.”
Paul: “Phyllis, you just nailed it. Michigan people think they are better than everyone else.”
Phyllis: “Well I got news for them. You’re not Michigan. You’re not one iota better than anybody else in the country. Especially Alabama. So keep your mouth shut and you better tone that coach down you got. Because I’m going to tell you something, they are going to find him and see his true colors and when they do Katy bar the freaking door. Roll Tide, Roll.”

Back