Handy's quick Saturday NBA thoughts

handy

Pretty much a regular
First off I am on the Hawks at +2.5. Bought it early. I think Boston puts this one in the mail. 4 games in 5 nights, what's the point? Eddie House and Leon Powe are out. Either Doc plays his guys or he doesn't. Atlanta needs to win and the Celts don't. Plus, Boston can also choose to play Hawks in 1st round by losing this game. I think they would rather play ATl simply because Hawks have no home ct. advantage in Phillips arena. Who knows but that's what I think.

Next game Denver +6.5. What do the Jazz have to play for? Why would they want to vacate the Rockets/Jazz 1st round matchup? No, they can't control what the other teams do but if they lose they're not moving up. I own Denver at +6.5.

Dallas at Port- Why would Dallas risk injury to Dirk given they can't change their playoff position? Makes no sense. I didn't bet this one but I think Dallas may put it in the mail.

Good luck as the NBA is just a crap shoot and a half right now.

I think Atlanta is best bet on the board tonight.

MAde a mistake thinking Utah benefits by losing tonight. I just bought the other side. I own +6.5 / -6. Fuck it, Utah probably wins this game at home. Hard to think they lose unless they want to.

GL

not sure what the unholy fuck happened in ATL...thought I was good to go with atlanta 2H...

...damnit.

Sam Cassel also scored 10 straight points under 2 minutes which were...

2 made free throws by Cassel

Missed shot ATL

Cassel makes mini jump shot

Missed shot ATL

Cassel Makes 3 pointer

Missed shot ATL

Cassel makes 3 pointer

That was the dagger for ATL ML

cassell totally slapped the shit out of every1 who had ATL..

i was feelin pretty good about ATL 2nd H until the last 3 mins ... total meltdown

maybe they saw charlotte whooping indy and they were like, "aaah let's fuck all the atl bettors."

what did you post in nba? saw you on wash only. what do you have goin on tonight. i need a winner 2nd half. my confidence totally shot.

just wash so far in nba today, was in mlb forum earlier today.

might have two 2h plays in nba later tonight but just watching right now.

awesome. at least i had a good week before tonight to offset tonight. still. bad capping. bad management. might need to slow down and not have so many plays. but that's how i got the bankroll in the first place. oh well.

Yup, tough sledding betting the Hawks. I went with the idea Boston wants to play them in the first round. They should have every shot at sweeping the Hawks in four but don't be surprised if they throw in a clunker in game 3. It happens all the time.

Pepsiman,

I'm just looking to try and middle the games. This stuff is way too scary to bet with any real confidence.

I picked up Bulls +4 and then waited too long as line went to 2.5 and then back to 3. I picked up the Magic at -3. Everything I've been reading is Orlando wants to win their 50th game and Van Gundy isn't happy with his team.

I think Avery Johnson is going to rest his guys tonight. Just a hunch. However, I'm terrified to bet Seattle unless I know that for a fact and I can get +9.

I picked up Raptors at +6.5 and will buy Detroit before game starts.

The Lakers are probably a good bet. That line tells you everything. -7??? What schmuck bettor isn't going to like the Spurs and 7 pts. in a game which means something? In other words Spurs are probably the sucker bet.

I'm on the Yankees for big $$ tonight. I'm going to buy them on the adj. -1.5 line as well at around +200. Plus, my book offers in game wagering which gives me a shot to wiggle if need be.

Handy,
thanks for the response. I liked Toronto but missed out on the 6.5. I did look into the Bulls but you have perked my interest on Orlando, thanks for that insight. As for the Yanks, they will make Dice K throw pitches as usual and at that number, I will take a shot on Hughes. Much appreciated sir.

Back