Hambletonian Day 8/3 at the Meadowlands

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
I will be dining with friends at one of my favorite places Saturday at noon; the Meadowlands' dining room.

MEADOWLANDS HAMBLETONIAN SATURDAY

RACE 1
Clearly a three horse race and #2 I Luv The Nitelife will be 1:9. She has won 7 of 8 this year and has already banked $1.2 million in her young career. #3 Ms Caila J Fra has strong gate speed and should clear the early lead but must make sure she outguns longshot JK Letsgo for the early lead. Caila J Fra was a bit blocked in the stretch last week but I don't think she had enough to beat Nitelife. However, upon closer review, Caila was off 4 weeks before that race and could be sharper here. I Luv The Nitelife will float to the outside at the 1/4 and get to the top by the half. #7 Jerseylicous is the the 2nd best horse in the race but draws the outside post. She has shown some early speed on occasion and would be well served it she would leave for better position than sitting last. She made a huge move at Nitelife last week and even put a nose in front down the stretch but ended up getting nosed as Nitelife came back. She is 21 of 23 in the money. She has finished 2nd or 3rd in her last 8 and all 8 losses were to Nitelife or Caila Fra.

Most likely finish 2-7-3 or 2-3-7 but I am going to play some 7-2 and 3-2 here.

#2 I Luv The Nitelife
#3 Ms Caila J Fra
#7 Jerseylicious
I will use all 3 in the Pick 5

Last edited:
Race 2 has $322k on the line but this 2 year old trot isn't that exciting.#3 Lifetime Pursuit will be favored and will be tough to beat although #6 Shake it Cerry showed strong ability at Pocono. #4 Cee Bee Yes will contend but I don't love. the #2 Heavens Door is a lively longshot and the #5 Struck by Lindy must be used in Exactas and triples. All in all it will be tough to beat the top 2.

#3 Lifetime Pursuit
#6 Shake it Cerry
#5 Struck By Lindy
#2 Heavens Door

Last edited:
Race 3 is an interesting trot with 3 million dollar winners. #9 Maven has won 20 of 32, get Gingras back and has been odds on throughout her career but draws her. Toughest post here in a long time and shes been off two weeks. Se will go off at about 6:5 here and will certainly be there late but there is more value elsewhere. #3 One More Ginny was an absolute gorilla last week getting parked 4 wide the first quarter, was used hard and pressured and still had enough to hold many of these off in the lane. #6 Check Me Out makes her 3rd start of the year and I expect improvement. She was bet down to 3:5 last week and looked uncomfortable pinned down on the rail and finished an OK 3rd. She has won 25 of 33 in her career and has banked $1.8 million and has the ability to leave for position. #7 Personal Style has to hope for some speed upfront and is one of the top closers in the field and will be coming late.

My play is the #6 with #9 and #6 with 7 and 9-6. Will save with some 9-7, 6-3 and 9-3.

#6 Check Me Out
#9 Maven
#7 Personal Style
#3 One More Missy

Last edited:
Race 4 is one of the best races on the card with 5 millionaires. #6 Anndrovette has banked $2.4 million and broke a Mohawk record last week with her win in the Roses R Red Final in 1:48 over many of these and should work her way to the front end. #8 Drop the Ball finished a half length back to Anndrovette last week and along with #5 Rocklamation, both should be there in the lane. However, the value is #2 Krispy Apple. She had no shot from the 10 post last week and. She hasn't drawn. better than post 6 in any of here last 8 races. She lands inside here and has won 23 of 61 an. HS won at the big M 5 times and gets Sears back.

My Play:
#2 Krispy Apple
#8 Drop The Ball
#6 Anndrovette
#5 Rocklamation

Race 5 looks like a two horse race.

#3 Father Patrick
#1 Nuncio

then there's the battle for 3rd
#7 Well Built
#4 Southwind Spirit
#9 Quikwit

I will be watching.....just hope Hollywood heyden is around to tell me some completely worthless history. Wish I had tomorrows sports eye already so I could talk races with you.... 8:50 am post I think out here in the lv. Thing I can't stand about meadowlnads pace and Hambo days is that the time between races is much longer .. great if you are at the track enjoying friends and all but not so much when watching the simulcast feeds from a vegas book.

think I am running around town hunting futures manana too .. so gonna be hard to watch the full card. Missed the eliminations because of travel and usually have watched those to have a better feel for what is going on .. who coasted to qualify sometimes doesn't show in the form

Race 7 The 1st Hambletonian Elimination - Top 3 Advance to Finals in Race 12

Two horses in here I think can win the whole thing: #2 Smilin Eli and #8 Royalty For Life. The big issue here is that Royalty For Life has a breaking issue and has broken in 3 of his last 5 parimutuel starts. My guess is Sears babies him a bit here out of the outside post and just makes sure he gets him in the finals. When he stays flat, he may be the best trotter entered in the 3 heats of the Hambletonian. # 3 DeweyColorintheLine won the prestigious Yonkers Trot last week but I just don't see it here.

#2 Smilin Eli
#8 Royalty for Life
#7 E L Rocket
#3 DeweyColorintheLine

Race 8 - 2nd Hambletonian Elimination - Top 3 advance to Finals in Race 12

The two inside horses #1 Wheeling N Dealin, who won the Breeders Crown 2 Yr Old Trot last year and #2 Aperfectyankee will be favored in here. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else win. The complete wild card is longshot #3 Your So Vain. He put the trotting hobbles back on last week and looked super sharp finishing 2nd in a lowly C-1 race but his 1:52:2 time was noteworthy. If he can stay trotting and in a straight one, he could shock here. #7Dontyouforgetit was odds on in last week's Yonkers Trot but broke early and did make a nice recovery to finish 4th.

#7 DontYouForgetIt
#1 Wheeling N Dealin
#2 APerfectYankee
#3 YourSoVain

think I am running around town hunting futures manana too .. so gonna be hard to watch the full card. Missed the eliminations because of travel and usually have watched those to have a better feel for what is going on .. who coasted to qualify sometimes doesn't show in the form

wish u could join us! It's a fun day! 15 races and an exciting atmosphere. It should be a fn day!

Thanks Da Raiders! My 1st or 2nd choice has won 5 of the first 6 races so far. Why am I not up a ton of $?

Hard to make money when chalk wins every race like today. The speed bias on the track today was as bad as ever and it threatens to ruin the sport. The banked turns just aren't enough help .. might have to start running a mile and an 1/8 or something to have better stretch runs. I got what I wanted ... Heyden giving me harness history lessons and quality horses from quality barns running against each other. Wish there had been a way to just fade creatine in the final but no head to head wagering options like the Kentucky derby. Lost about $50 and didn't bet the whole card. Hope you fared better.

Back