Halleluja!

Now gotta fire Mozeliak. Who wastes so much money on trash like Holland and Fowler instead of saving up for a quality guy like Machado. -- A great point that Dan makes

Guys. I am going to delete instantaneously any more verbal diarrhea in threads I see. Just giving fair warning when you don’t see something you post that 99.999% of CTG members probably find nonsensical or annoying. End of speech.

I know cards are struggling but I am still surprised. I guess the cards need a leader like Buck Showalter. I have to imagine they are fade going forward.

Lmao. I wasn’t at the other place this weekend either. Been away from sports last 3 days as went on a float trip (had my phone but reception wasn’t the best so after finding a spot to get down on some things Saturday morning I was pretty much away after that). I just found out he got fired last night! I’m kinda shocked, figured it wouldn’t happen till end of season. Certainly happy about it, should have happened last off season!

I know cards are struggling but I am still surprised. I guess the cards need a leader like Buck Showalter. I have to imagine they are fade going forward.

Really? I actually think they will be better than they been in 1st half. To a extent anyways, I’ve heard all season the clubhouse wasn’t good so that should at least improve, the retarded bullpen management can only get better. Certainly not putting all their issues on matheny but he was def responsible for more losses than wins imo.

Maybe Cards shoulda hired somebody who actually already knew how to be a pro manager. I mean after La Russa retired

I just reallzed you said float trip. You mean boat trip lol?

Now gotta fire Mozeliak. Who wastes so much money on trash like Holland and Fowler instead of saving up for a quality guy like Machado. -- A great point that Dan makes

I think Mo has built up more than enough equity to be given time with his next manager hire.

Let’s be fair here, while yes I did say something along the lines of I don’t understand their willingness to give out several contracts in the 15-20 mil a year range instead of just giving one stud say the money Fowler + waino making I’m also not a huge fan of those monster contracts, look how hamstrung we appear to be over Fowler, I’d hate to have to pay manny while he having a career year (in his contract year no less) then see him regress back to what he had been in some of previous seasons which not a guy I’d want to be on hook for 10 years 300 mil!!

I will never kill Mo for the Fowler signing cause I mostly liked it, didn’t love it but thought it was basically best option they had at that time. I guess the issue there was they should have made sure he was ok not playing center or leading off since he a below avg center fielder and we have to let carp lead off. I didn’t hear any cards fans upset about Fowler when it happened so don’t think it fair to kill him now that Fowler has turned into a pumpkin!

The holland signing sure we can murder him for, but it was only for this year and his manager was crying about needing a closer so whatever I guess. He also signed Mikolas which was prob the best move anyone made this offseason! Look at how much better Mikolas been than the overpriced trash starters the scrubbies brought in!!

Just think Mo has done far too much good to throw him under the bus just yet. Maybe I’ll be singing a different tune after the end of the ‘19 season but I think he has earned at least that much time to get it turned around, look at all the young stud pitchers we have on the way or already here!!

Maybe Cards shoulda hired somebody who actually already knew how to be a pro manager. I mean after La Russa retired

I just reallzed you said float trip. You mean boat trip lol?

Maybe but as stupid as matheny is they did continue having quite a bit of success for the next several years after TLR left.

I honestly don’t know that they will get it going, it possible, they have lot of guys underperforming their career numbers plus dejung missing so much time hurt. If those guys just start playing more closely to their career numbers they will certainly improve.

What I mostly believe is they def won’t be any worse off with matheny gone as I don’t think anyone in that clubhouse will miss him. That along w better pen decisions/management should help to a extent.

Back